Need Ceasar Salad Dressing

Richard'S ~Ja~

Guest
Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of one
purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember the
name of, but for the amount given it seems rather pricey.
This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top, triangular
shaped bottle. It appears like it has a good deal of
seasoning in it, as the list of ingredients which daunted a
from-scratch attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the
Parmesan causes a lean toward white in coloring. It pours on
rather thickly, which causes not being able to cleanly pour
every speck of it out the bottle. I would like to make my
own to then store in a bowl I can do a "scrape-out" from.

I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just how to
make any of your favorites, thank you.

Picky ~JA~

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:

> Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
> creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of
> one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember
> the name of, but for the amount given it seems rather
> pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top,
> triangular shaped bottle. It appears like it has a good
> deal of seasoning in it, as the list of ingredients which
> daunted a from-scratch attempt of replication my me, but
> perhaps the Parmesan causes a lean toward white in
> coloring. It pours on rather thickly, which causes not
> being able to cleanly pour every speck of it out the
> bottle. I would like to make my own to then store in a
> bowl I can do a "scrape-out" from.
>
> I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just how
> to make any of your favorites, thank you.
>
> Picky ~JA~

Not sure what you are looking for, but my personal favorite
of commercial dressings in Ranch, Italian, Creamy italian
and ceasar is Wishbone.....

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems-
&include=0&userid=katra

JeanineAlyse29 wrote:
>Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
>creamy Caesar salad dressing? <snip>
>>Katra replies with.... Not sure what you are looking for,
>>but my personal favorite of commercial dressings in Ranch,
>>Italian, Creamy italian and caesars is Wishbone.....
Thank you, Katra. I have tried Caesars produced by companies
other than that of the triangular shaped bottle source, and
they've been okay, but not quite as richly flavorful. I
haven't the bottle's front label, but names of "Giraldi or
Girandi's are tickling memory here. Through 'net research I
have found several different recipes, with quite a variation
in ingredients. I do have the actual ingredients listing
from the bottle's back for the one I prefer, so if no one
here offers a recipe sounding somewhat similar I will post
the list to ask for help in ingredient quantities, as well
as for better than my so limited knowledge on suggestions
for what may be omitted when making fresh. Without help
being offered here, I will simply continue to pay (too much)
for this from the grocery, though I really would like to
make it myself.

Again, thank you....

Picky ~JA~

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:23:29 -0800 (PST), [email protected]
(Richard's ~JA~) wrote:

>Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
>creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of one
>purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember the
>name of, but for the amount given it seems rather pricey.
>This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top,
>triangular shaped bottle.

Girard's. Most of their dressing are pretty good, but pricey
(due to the 'fancy' bottle and faux gold foil-covered caps).

-sw

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:58:38 -0600, Katra
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Not sure what you are looking for, but my personal favorite
>of commercial dressings in Ranch, Italian, Creamy italian
>and ceasar is Wishbone.....

Besides Wishbone Italian (or Zesty Italian), I don't like
any of the mainline Kraft/Wishbone/Hidden Valley etc..
brands anymore.

They all taste like ****; I used to like them, but not now.
I like Good Seasons (using wine vinegar and maybe EVOO and
other spices - like tarragon), or some of the lesser-known,
simpler brands without the ingredient that reads like that
of a Cliff bar.

-sw

* Exported from MasterCook *

Helen's Ceasar Salad

Recipe By : Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Salads

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method --------
------------ -------------------------------- -----MM BY
HELEN PEAGRAM----- 1 Garlic clove 6 tb Oil 2 tb Wine
vinegar 1 tb Dijon mustard 1 Egg yolk 2 dr Worcestershire
2 dr Tobasco sauce Salt Pepper

Peel and bruise garlic clove. Rub a wooden bowl with
garlic. Mince garlic finely. Beat oil and vinegar. Add
mustard and beat well. Add tobasco and worcestershire
sauces and beat well. Mix greens and veggies of your
choice; lettuce, onions, mushrooms, croutons, etc. Pour
dressing over salad just before serving and toss.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2926 Calories; 328g
Fat (98.9% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate;
trace Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 50mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 65 1/2 Fat;
1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the
only begotten Son of God is the object of our faith; the
only faith that saves is faith in Him

<>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

1/1.1/145

"Katra" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:KatraMungBean-
[email protected]...
> In article <1949-404A3341-77@storefull-
> 3193.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Richard's
> ~JA~) wrote:
>
> > Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
> > creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond
> > of one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot
> > remember the name of, but for the amount given it
> > seems rather pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering
> > toward the top, triangular shaped bottle. It appears
> > like it has a good deal of seasoning in it, as the
> > list of ingredients which daunted a from-scratch
> > attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the Parmesan
> > causes a lean toward white in coloring. It pours on
> > rather thickly, which causes not being able to cleanly
> > pour every speck of it out the bottle. I would like to
> > make my own to then store in a bowl I can do a "scrape-
> > out" from.
> >
> > I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just
> > how to make any of your favorites, thank you.
> >
> > Picky ~JA~

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:23:29 -0800 (PST),
[email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:

> Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
> creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of
> one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember
> the name of, but for the amount given it seems rather
> pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top,
> triangular shaped bottle. It appears like it has a good
> deal of seasoning in it, as the list of ingredients which
> daunted a from-scratch attempt of replication my me, but
> perhaps the Parmesan causes a lean toward white in
> coloring. It pours on rather thickly, which causes not
> being able to cleanly pour every speck of it out the
> bottle. I would like to make my own to then store in a
> bowl I can do a "scrape-out" from.
>
> I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just how
> to make any of your favorites, thank you.

Remember that your homemade Caesar will not keep over a day
or two.... so you need to decide what you really want. One
that keeps or a non-keeper homemade.

My best advice is to store your bottled dressing upside
down, that way you'll get most of it out when you're down to
the last drops.

If you decide to go with homemade and want to make a
"creamy" type Caesar dressing, what you need to do is to use
the usual ingredients and (here's the big trick) emulisfy
your dressing in a blender.

PS: I use the blender method to make an Italian dressing
that doesn't separate.

sf <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:23:29 -0800 (PST),
> [email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:
>
>> Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
>> creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond
>> of one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot
>> remember the name of, but for the amount given it
>> seems rather pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering
>> toward the top, triangular shaped bottle. It appears
>> like it has a good deal of seasoning in it, as the
>> list of ingredients which daunted a from-scratch
>> attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the Parmesan
>> causes a lean toward white in coloring. It pours on
>> rather thickly, which causes not being able to cleanly
>> pour every speck of it out the bottle. I would like to
>> make my own to then store in a bowl I can do a "scrape-
>> out" from.

I spotted the very dressing you described this afternoon at
Safeway. My mind being like a sieve, I already cannot
remember the name, the they had it on sale at 2 bottles for
$5.00. Not so expensive, I'd say.

>> I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just
>> how to make any of your favorites, thank you.
>>

> Remember that your homemade Caesar will not keep over a
> day or two.... so you need to decide what you really want.
> One that keeps or a non-keeper homemade.
>
> My best advice is to store your bottled dressing upside
> down, that way you'll get most of it out when you're down
> to the last drops.
>
> If you decide to go with homemade and want to make a
> "creamy" type Caesar dressing, what you need to do is to
> use the usual ingredients and (here's the big trick)
> emulisfy your dressing in a blender.
>
> PS: I use the blender method to make an Italian dressing
> that doesn't separate.
>

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 01:00:25 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
<[email protected]> wrote:

> sf <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:23:29 -0800 (PST),
> > [email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:
> >
> >> Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for
> >> a creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly
> >> fond of one purchased at the grocery store that I
> >> cannot remember the name of, but for the amount given
> >> it seems rather pricey. This one is bottled in a
> >> tapering toward the top, triangular shaped bottle. It
> >> appears like it has a good deal of seasoning in it,
> >> as the list of ingredients which daunted a from-
> >> scratch attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the
> >> Parmesan causes a lean toward white in coloring. It
> >> pours on rather thickly, which causes not being able
> >> to cleanly pour every speck of it out the bottle. I
> >> would like to make my own to then store in a bowl I
> >> can do a "scrape-out" from.
>
> I spotted the very dressing you described this afternoon
> at Safeway. My mind being like a sieve, I already cannot
> remember the name, the they had it on sale at 2 bottles
> for $5.00. Not so expensive, I'd say.

I think it's Gherhard's - but I'm just guessing.

<[email protected]> wrote:

> sf <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:23:29 -0800 (PST),
> > [email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:
> >
> >> Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for
> >> a creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly
> >> fond of one purchased at the grocery store that I
> >> cannot remember the name of, but for the amount given
> >> it seems rather pricey. This one is bottled in a
> >> tapering toward the top, triangular shaped bottle. It
> >> appears like it has a good deal of seasoning in it,
> >> as the list of ingredients which daunted a from-
> >> scratch attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the
> >> Parmesan causes a lean toward white in coloring. It
> >> pours on rather thickly, which causes not being able
> >> to cleanly pour every speck of it out the bottle. I
> >> would like to make my own to then store in a bowl I
> >> can do a "scrape-out" from.

<snip>
> I spotted the very dressing you described this afternoon
> at Safeway. My mind being like a sieve, I already cannot
> remember the name, the they had it on sale at 2 bottles
> for $5.00. Not so expensive, I'd say.

Gerhards? No, it's not expensive... especially when they put
it on a "twofer".

sf <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 01:00:25 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> sf <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

> <snip>
>> I spotted the very dressing you described this afternoon
>> at Safeway. My mind being like a sieve, I already cannot
>> remember the name, the they had it on sale at 2 bottles
>> for $5.00. Not so expensive, I'd say.
>>
> Gerhards? No, it's not expensive... especially when they
> put it on a "twofer".

I think the OP thought it was too expensive, their reason
for wanting to make it at home.

Wayne

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
> creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of
> one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember
> the name of, but for the amount given it seems rather
> pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top,
> triangular shaped bottle. It appears like it has a good
> deal of seasoning in it, as the list of ingredients which
> daunted a from-scratch attempt of replication my me, but
> perhaps the Parmesan causes a lean toward white in
> coloring. It pours on rather thickly, which causes not
> being able to cleanly pour every speck of it out the
> bottle. I would like to make my own to then store in a
> bowl I can do a "scrape-out" from.
>
> I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just how
> to make any of your favorites, thank you.
>
> Picky ~JA~

Sounds like you're describing Gerard's. They make the best
bottled dressings I've ever tasted - their champagne
dressing is second to none - I've been trying to perfect a
home-made version of it for some time but haven't come
close yet.

Safeway currently has them on sale at $3 per bottle, if
that helps.
--
Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
hopes they are.