Need Ceasar Salad Dressing

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Richard'S ~Ja~, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
    creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of one
    purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember the
    name of, but for the amount given it seems rather pricey.
    This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top, triangular
    shaped bottle. It appears like it has a good deal of
    seasoning in it, as the list of ingredients which daunted a
    from-scratch attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the
    Parmesan causes a lean toward white in coloring. It pours on
    rather thickly, which causes not being able to cleanly pour
    every speck of it out the bottle. I would like to make my
    own to then store in a bowl I can do a "scrape-out" from.

    I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just how to
    make any of your favorites, thank you.

    Picky ~JA~

    Tags:

  2. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:

    > Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
    > creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of
    > one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember
    > the name of, but for the amount given it seems rather
    > pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top,
    > triangular shaped bottle. It appears like it has a good
    > deal of seasoning in it, as the list of ingredients which
    > daunted a from-scratch attempt of replication my me, but
    > perhaps the Parmesan causes a lean toward white in
    > coloring. It pours on rather thickly, which causes not
    > being able to cleanly pour every speck of it out the
    > bottle. I would like to make my own to then store in a
    > bowl I can do a "scrape-out" from.
    >
    > I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just how
    > to make any of your favorites, thank you.
    >
    > Picky ~JA~

    Not sure what you are looking for, but my personal favorite
    of commercial dressings in Ranch, Italian, Creamy italian
    and ceasar is Wishbone.....

    K.

    --
    Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems-
    &include=0&userid=katra

  3. JeanineAlyse29 wrote:
    >Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
    >creamy Caesar salad dressing? <snip>
    >>Katra replies with.... Not sure what you are looking for,
    >>but my personal favorite of commercial dressings in Ranch,
    >>Italian, Creamy italian and caesars is Wishbone.....
    Thank you, Katra. I have tried Caesars produced by companies
    other than that of the triangular shaped bottle source, and
    they've been okay, but not quite as richly flavorful. I
    haven't the bottle's front label, but names of "Giraldi or
    Girandi's are tickling memory here. Through 'net research I
    have found several different recipes, with quite a variation
    in ingredients. I do have the actual ingredients listing
    from the bottle's back for the one I prefer, so if no one
    here offers a recipe sounding somewhat similar I will post
    the list to ask for help in ingredient quantities, as well
    as for better than my so limited knowledge on suggestions
    for what may be omitted when making fresh. Without help
    being offered here, I will simply continue to pay (too much)
    for this from the grocery, though I really would like to
    make it myself.

    Again, thank you....

    Picky ~JA~

  4. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:23:29 -0800 (PST), [email protected]
    (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:

    >Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
    >creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of one
    >purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember the
    >name of, but for the amount given it seems rather pricey.
    >This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top,
    >triangular shaped bottle.

    Girard's. Most of their dressing are pretty good, but pricey
    (due to the 'fancy' bottle and faux gold foil-covered caps).

    -sw

  5. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:58:38 -0600, Katra
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Not sure what you are looking for, but my personal favorite
    >of commercial dressings in Ranch, Italian, Creamy italian
    >and ceasar is Wishbone.....

    Besides Wishbone Italian (or Zesty Italian), I don't like
    any of the mainline Kraft/Wishbone/Hidden Valley etc..
    brands anymore.

    They all taste like crap; I used to like them, but not now.
    I like Good Seasons (using wine vinegar and maybe EVOO and
    other spices - like tarragon), or some of the lesser-known,
    simpler brands without the ingredient that reads like that
    of a Cliff bar.

    -sw

  6. Themom1

    Themom1 Guest

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Helen's Ceasar Salad

    Recipe By : Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Salads

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method --------
    ------------ -------------------------------- -----MM BY
    HELEN PEAGRAM----- 1 Garlic clove 6 tb Oil 2 tb Wine
    vinegar 1 tb Dijon mustard 1 Egg yolk 2 dr Worcestershire
    2 dr Tobasco sauce Salt Pepper

    Peel and bruise garlic clove. Rub a wooden bowl with
    garlic. Mince garlic finely. Beat oil and vinegar. Add
    mustard and beat well. Add tobasco and worcestershire
    sauces and beat well. Mix greens and veggies of your
    choice; lettuce, onions, mushrooms, croutons, etc. Pour
    dressing over salad just before serving and toss.

    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2926 Calories; 328g
    Fat (98.9% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate;
    trace Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 50mg Sodium.
    Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 65 1/2 Fat;
    1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the
    only begotten Son of God is the object of our faith; the
    only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com
    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

    1/1.1/145

    "Katra" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:KatraMungBean-
    [email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]
    > 3193.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Richard's
    > ~JA~) wrote:
    >
    > > Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
    > > creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond
    > > of one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot
    > > remember the name of, but for the amount given it
    > > seems rather pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering
    > > toward the top, triangular shaped bottle. It appears
    > > like it has a good deal of seasoning in it, as the
    > > list of ingredients which daunted a from-scratch
    > > attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the Parmesan
    > > causes a lean toward white in coloring. It pours on
    > > rather thickly, which causes not being able to cleanly
    > > pour every speck of it out the bottle. I would like to
    > > make my own to then store in a bowl I can do a "scrape-
    > > out" from.
    > >
    > > I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just
    > > how to make any of your favorites, thank you.
    > >
    > > Picky ~JA~

  7. Sf

    Sf Guest

    JeanineAlyse29[email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:

    > Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
    > creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of
    > one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember
    > the name of, but for the amount given it seems rather
    > pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top,
    > triangular shaped bottle. It appears like it has a good
    > deal of seasoning in it, as the list of ingredients which
    > daunted a from-scratch attempt of replication my me, but
    > perhaps the Parmesan causes a lean toward white in
    > coloring. It pours on rather thickly, which causes not
    > being able to cleanly pour every speck of it out the
    > bottle. I would like to make my own to then store in a
    > bowl I can do a "scrape-out" from.
    >
    > I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just how
    > to make any of your favorites, thank you.

    Remember that your homemade Caesar will not keep over a day
    or two.... so you need to decide what you really want. One
    that keeps or a non-keeper homemade.

    My best advice is to store your bottled dressing upside
    down, that way you'll get most of it out when you're down to
    the last drops.

    If you decide to go with homemade and want to make a
    "creamy" type Caesar dressing, what you need to do is to use
    the usual ingredients and (here's the big trick) emulisfy
    your dressing in a blender.

    PS: I use the blender method to make an Italian dressing
    that doesn't separate.

  8. sf <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:23:29 -0800 (PST),
    > [email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:
    >
    >> Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
    >> creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond
    >> of one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot
    >> remember the name of, but for the amount given it
    >> seems rather pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering
    >> toward the top, triangular shaped bottle. It appears
    >> like it has a good deal of seasoning in it, as the
    >> list of ingredients which daunted a from-scratch
    >> attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the Parmesan
    >> causes a lean toward white in coloring. It pours on
    >> rather thickly, which causes not being able to cleanly
    >> pour every speck of it out the bottle. I would like to
    >> make my own to then store in a bowl I can do a "scrape-
    >> out" from.

    I spotted the very dressing you described this afternoon at
    Safeway. My mind being like a sieve, I already cannot
    remember the name, the they had it on sale at 2 bottles for
    $5.00. Not so expensive, I'd say.

    >> I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just
    >> how to make any of your favorites, thank you.
    >>

    > Remember that your homemade Caesar will not keep over a
    > day or two.... so you need to decide what you really want.
    > One that keeps or a non-keeper homemade.
    >
    > My best advice is to store your bottled dressing upside
    > down, that way you'll get most of it out when you're down
    > to the last drops.
    >
    > If you decide to go with homemade and want to make a
    > "creamy" type Caesar dressing, what you need to do is to
    > use the usual ingredients and (here's the big trick)
    > emulisfy your dressing in a blender.
    >
    > PS: I use the blender method to make an Italian dressing
    > that doesn't separate.
    >

    > Practice safe eating - always use condiments

  9. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 01:00:25 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > sf <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:23:29 -0800 (PST),
    > > [email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:
    > >
    > >> Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for
    > >> a creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly
    > >> fond of one purchased at the grocery store that I
    > >> cannot remember the name of, but for the amount given
    > >> it seems rather pricey. This one is bottled in a
    > >> tapering toward the top, triangular shaped bottle. It
    > >> appears like it has a good deal of seasoning in it,
    > >> as the list of ingredients which daunted a from-
    > >> scratch attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the
    > >> Parmesan causes a lean toward white in coloring. It
    > >> pours on rather thickly, which causes not being able
    > >> to cleanly pour every speck of it out the bottle. I
    > >> would like to make my own to then store in a bowl I
    > >> can do a "scrape-out" from.
    >
    > I spotted the very dressing you described this afternoon
    > at Safeway. My mind being like a sieve, I already cannot
    > remember the name, the they had it on sale at 2 bottles
    > for $5.00. Not so expensive, I'd say.

    I think it's Gherhard's - but I'm just guessing.

    > >> I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just
    > >> how to make any of your favorites, thank you.
    > >>

    > > Remember that your homemade Caesar will not keep over a
    > > day or two.... so you need to decide what you really
    > > want. One that keeps or a non-keeper homemade.
    > >
    > > My best advice is to store your bottled dressing upside
    > > down, that way you'll get most of it out when you're
    > > down to the last drops.
    > >
    > > If you decide to go with homemade and want to make a
    > > "creamy" type Caesar dressing, what you need to do is
    > > to use the usual ingredients and (here's the big trick)
    > > emulisfy your dressing in a blender.
    > >
    > > PS: I use the blender method to make an Italian
    > > dressing that doesn't separate.
    > >

    > > Practice safe eating - always use condiments

  10. Sf

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > sf <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:23:29 -0800 (PST),
    > > [email protected] (Richard's ~JA~) wrote:
    > >
    > >> Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for
    > >> a creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly
    > >> fond of one purchased at the grocery store that I
    > >> cannot remember the name of, but for the amount given
    > >> it seems rather pricey. This one is bottled in a
    > >> tapering toward the top, triangular shaped bottle. It
    > >> appears like it has a good deal of seasoning in it,
    > >> as the list of ingredients which daunted a from-
    > >> scratch attempt of replication my me, but perhaps the
    > >> Parmesan causes a lean toward white in coloring. It
    > >> pours on rather thickly, which causes not being able
    > >> to cleanly pour every speck of it out the bottle. I
    > >> would like to make my own to then store in a bowl I
    > >> can do a "scrape-out" from.

    <snip>
    > I spotted the very dressing you described this afternoon
    > at Safeway. My mind being like a sieve, I already cannot
    > remember the name, the they had it on sale at 2 bottles
    > for $5.00. Not so expensive, I'd say.

    Gerhards? No, it's not expensive... especially when they put
    it on a "twofer".

  11. sf <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 01:00:25 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> sf <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:

    > <snip>
    >> I spotted the very dressing you described this afternoon
    >> at Safeway. My mind being like a sieve, I already cannot
    >> remember the name, the they had it on sale at 2 bottles
    >> for $5.00. Not so expensive, I'd say.
    >>
    > Gerhards? No, it's not expensive... especially when they
    > put it on a "twofer".

    I think the OP thought it was too expensive, their reason
    for wanting to make it at home.

    Wayne

  12. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

  13. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

  14. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

  15. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

  16. Donna Rose

    Donna Rose Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Please, can someone here share a favorite recipe for a
    > creamy Ceasar salad dressing? I am particularly fond of
    > one purchased at the grocery store that I cannot remember
    > the name of, but for the amount given it seems rather
    > pricey. This one is bottled in a tapering toward the top,
    > triangular shaped bottle. It appears like it has a good
    > deal of seasoning in it, as the list of ingredients which
    > daunted a from-scratch attempt of replication my me, but
    > perhaps the Parmesan causes a lean toward white in
    > coloring. It pours on rather thickly, which causes not
    > being able to cleanly pour every speck of it out the
    > bottle. I would like to make my own to then store in a
    > bowl I can do a "scrape-out" from.
    >
    > I would very much appreciate sharings of tell on just how
    > to make any of your favorites, thank you.
    >
    > Picky ~JA~

    Sounds like you're describing Gerard's. They make the best
    bottled dressings I've ever tasted - their champagne
    dressing is second to none - I've been trying to perfect a
    home-made version of it for some time but haven't come
    close yet.

    Safeway currently has them on sale at $3 per bottle, if
    that helps.
    --
    Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
    hopes they are.