Need clipless road pedals HELP!

tbuc said:
:eek: OK. I've been checking out clipless road pedals. Very confusing. Time, Look, Speedplay, Shimano, Crank Brothers. Yikes! I'm looking for a solid set of pedals, that won't break the bank, but that I'll be happy with for a while.

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I use and really like LOOK. I'm switching over to the new KEO HM Carbon LOOK pedals; might you be interested in a used pair of LOOK pedals. They're one year old and work great. Let me know. Oh the type: A3.1 LOOK. Let me know.

You've had lots of replies but one more can't hurt. There seems to be few general road pedal types with a lot of similarities between brands but in general I found I really like the LOOK style pedals as the large cleats spread out the pressure on the foot while road riding. Small SPD style cleats and pedals gave me hot spots when road riding, but I do love them for trail riding. There are lots of LOOK style clones from wellgo to nashbar and performancebike you canbuy for less than 40 bucks to see if you like them, even cheaper on ebay. Then spend more later if you do. Maybe real expensive shoes would stop hotspots better than ones I can afford, but that breaks your proverbial bank. Good luck.