Need Custom Road Frame Info

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Stephen Jarrett, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. I¹m a fast recreational rider looking for a custom road frame. I¹m considering Waterford, Spectrum
    and Kirk, among others. Can anyone tell me about frames by Richard Moon and Peter Mooney. Also
    Bohemian. How do they compare? How do they ride? Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.

    --
    Stephen J.

    Tags:

  2. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

    "Stephen Jarrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:080220040023263717%[email protected]...
    > I¹m a fast recreational rider looking for a custom road frame. I¹m considering Waterford, Spectrum
    > and Kirk, among others. Can anyone tell me about frames by Richard Moon and Peter Mooney. Also
    > Bohemian. How do they compare? How do they ride? Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.
    >
    > --
    While you're at it, don't forget to look at Albert Eisentraut (Godfather of American framebuilders),
    Richard Sachs and Curt Goodrich (Rivendell). For more on US frame builders, go here:

    http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/USA.htm

  3. Not the ones you mentioned but I own a custom Steel Nobilette that I love. Full custom, available in
    tig, fillet or lugged, rides like a dream and not as expensive as others.

    http://www.nobilettecycles.com

  4. Alan

    Alan Guest

    A good link to a lot of US frame builders is the S & S couplers site. Link
    is below:

    http://www.sandsmachine.com/fbplist.htm

    Alan "Stephen Jarrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:080220040023263717%[email protected]...
    > I¹m a fast recreational rider looking for a custom road frame. I¹m considering Waterford, Spectrum
    > and Kirk, among others. Can anyone tell me about frames by Richard Moon and Peter Mooney. Also
    > Bohemian. How do they compare? How do they ride? Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.
    >
    > --
    > Stephen J.

  5. Lyonsport

    Lyonsport Guest

    Check out www.bikelugs.com for some others. Cheers Jeff

  6. ashwinearl

    ashwinearl New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    I own a Richard Moon
    Contact me direct if you'd like to see pictures and ask questions.
    [email protected]