Need feed back on GURU...

Rocket69

Dec 23, 2003
Hi group... thinking of buying a custom GURU. I've seen them around in quite a few races last year. Any one own one? Need feedback...

Thanks
ROCKET69

Originally posted by Rocket69
Hi group... thinking of buying a custom GURU. I've seen them around in quite a few races last year. Any one own one? Need feedback...

Thanks
ROCKET69
i am lloking at a cron alu as well.
would loove to hear from you if any information comes about
gmmcfd@aol

Thanks
ROCKET69

The Guru bikes go well with your name. They are Rockets!

I don't own one, but I know several people that do. This might not be any more then you already know but Guru is primarily a Tri bike company. Just a few years ago they had a small shop in Quebec Canada. Then a great thing happened for them; The guy that won gold in the 2000 Olympic Triathlon was riding a GURU. They quickly caught on and became a premiere tri bike manufacturer. They're at a stage where they are growing extremely fast. But they say they never want to become a huge manufacturer because they want to make each bike with the same flawlessness and attention to detail as when they started. So what you get is a very finely made bike.

The one place they've won awards is on their paint jobs. Elite frame painting tradesmen paint each bike.

If I were in the market for a tri bike, I'd probably buy a Guru. I'm amazed at how many people at the local triathlons are riding them.

I work off and on at a shop in California that stocks Guru bikes. Unlike a few other brands that we sell I actually like these frames. We primarily sell the strada, but we've sold a couple of the ti/carbon bikes as well.

The strada rides nice but I haven't had a chance to ride any of the others since we don't keep them in stock. Basically there's nothing wrong with their steel frames as far as I can tell: solid, durable, light and reasonably priced. The one thing I don't like is the stock choices of paint, they use too many contrasting colors at once. We haven't had any complaints about workmanship yet (we've stocked them for the last year and a half, no broken frames that I've seen but we haven't stocked them that long)

Thanks
ROCKET69