Need final advice- CAAD9 5 vs. Trek 2.3C

crashnburn

Jun 1, 2010
I just need some advice to help me on my final decision. I've narrowed my search to the CAAD9 5 or the Trek 2.3 compact. I loved the handling and ride of both. Both have full 105 components except the CAAD has the BB30 crank. I'm a first time buyer so this purchase will last me a while. The 2.3 is $100 more but has the Bontrager race wheels with the Race lite tires which I believe are better than what the CAAD has on it. Does anyone have any advice either way? Thanks

crashnburn said:
I just need some advice to help me on my final decision. I've narrowed my search to the CAAD9 5 or the Trek 2.3 compact. I loved the handling and ride of both. Both have full 105 components except the CAAD has the BB30 crank. I'm a first time buyer so this purchase will last me a while. The 2.3 is $100 more but has the Bontrager race wheels with the Race lite tires which I believe are better than what the CAAD has on it. Does anyone have any advice either way? Thanks

Go for the CAAD9 5. You can always get a different set of wheels on the Cannondale later, but you can never swap out the BB on the Trek.