Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Need help finding a new derailleur and shifter

Started by TorontoCommuter · · Last activity · 2 posts · 662 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
16 September 2007
Last activity
17 September 2007
Original author
TorontoCommuter
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
662
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi there,
    I've got pretty nice old peugeot road bike but I need to replace the rear derailleur. I was thinking of getting a shimano 2200 but will I have to replace the shifter? The existing one is one of those old tension shifters. What is an afforadible option if I have to replace that? Cheers!

  2. RD-2200 has large pulley wheels, but does both double and triple cranksets, so you may need a longer chain.

    If the bike is a double, then the old Sora 8 speed RD may be better.

    Your old Friction Shifter will work OK.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.