Need help finding adaptor for front derailleur

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mitch, May 23, 2003.

  1. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    I saw this part a while back but I am having problems locating it. It is a adaptor for a bike w/ top
    tube routed cables to run a bottom pull road front derailleur. It clamps to the bottom of the front
    derailleur and has a small wheel that the cable runs around it. Used mostly for cyclocross bikes or
    touring bikes.

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Me

    Me Guest

    If you are in the US try:

    The Third Hand (formerly Loose Screws) http://www.thethirdhand.com/

    Alfred E Bike http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30

    Between the two of em if they dont carry the spare part your looking for it probably aint made.

    or in the UK search for

    St Johns Cycles

    or

    Robin Thornes

    -good luck "Mitch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I saw this part a while back but I am having problems locating it. It is a adaptor for a bike w/
    > top tube routed cables to run a bottom pull road front derailleur. It clamps to the bottom of the
    > front derailleur and has a small wheel that the cable runs around it. Used mostly for cyclocross
    > bikes or touring bikes.
    >
    > Thanks

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Mitch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I saw this part a while back but I am having problems locating it. It is a adaptor for a bike w/
    > top tube routed cables to run a bottom pull road front derailleur. It clamps to the bottom of the
    > front derailleur and has a small wheel that the cable runs around it. Used mostly for cyclocross
    > bikes or touring bikes.

    Are you sure it was on the changer? Many bikes used a pulley on the _frame_ below the changer in the
    early/mid 1990s to achieve what you desrcibe. Haven't seen a pulley-enhanced derailleur.

  4. jmit-<< It is a adaptor for a bike w/ top tube routed cables to run a bottom pull road front
    derailleur. It clamps to the bottom of the front derailleur

    Actually mounts to the back of the seat tube and if no braze-on for the bolt, get a shimano e-clamp,
    and add the roller to that..works great.

  5. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > If you are in the US try:
    >
    > The Third Hand (formerly Loose Screws) http://www.thethirdhand.com/
    >
    > Alfred E Bike http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30
    >
    > Between the two of em if they dont carry the spare part your looking for it probably aint made.
    >
    > or in the UK search for
    >
    > St Johns Cycles
    >
    > or
    >
    > Robin Thornes
    >

    > -good luck
    This is the part that I am looking for.

    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/product_detail.asp?ProdID=5220000179

  6. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    > Are you sure it was on the changer? Many bikes used a pulley on the _frame_ below the changer in
    > the early/mid 1990s to achieve what you desrcibe. Haven't seen a pulley-enhanced derailleur.

    This is the part I found in a UK catalog.