Need help finding articles on bromine and rash

Mseagan

Guest
A health club in town is going to build a new site close to my home and I would like to be able to
use the pool when Purdue is not open and on Saturdays (when they open too late for me). Although
this club has told me they will put chlorine into the pool, they plan to use bromine in the hot
tub, which means bromine will inevitably be carried into the pool as well. Several years ago I had
2 journal articles about the bromine rash from peer reviewed journals, but I cannot find them on
PubMed. In fact, someone from England mailed me one of them back then. I would like to know if
anyone knows where I can find articles about this so that I can send them to the owners of this
club in the hopes of persuading them to avoid bromine. It does not seem to be enough for me to tell
them that several facilities have found the rash far too common, thus causing them to eliminate
their bromine.

Thanks for any help.

Marianne

After much searching I found the articles!

"MSEagan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:mYwQb.111315$sv6.551481@attbi_s52...
> A health club in town is going to build a new site close to my home and I would like to be able to
> use the pool when Purdue is not open and on Saturdays (when they open too late for me). Although
> this club has told me they will put chlorine into the pool, they plan to use bromine in the hot
> tub, which means bromine will inevitably be carried into the pool as well. Several years ago I had
> 2 journal articles about the bromine rash from
peer
> reviewed journals, but I cannot find them on PubMed. In fact, someone from England mailed me one
> of them back then. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can find articles about this so
> that I can send them to the owners of this club in the hopes of persuading them to avoid bromine.
> It does not seem to be enough for me to tell them that several facilities
have
> found the rash far too common, thus causing them to eliminate their
bromine.

> Thanks for any help.
>
> Marianne

"MSEagan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> A health club in town is going to build a new site close to my home and I would like to be able to
> use the pool when Purdue is not open and on Saturdays (when they open too late for me). Although
> this club has told me they will put chlorine into the pool, they plan to use bromine in the hot
> tub, which means bromine will inevitably be carried into the pool as well. Several years ago I had
> 2 journal articles about the bromine rash from
peer
> reviewed journals, but I cannot find them on PubMed. In fact, someone from England mailed me one
> of them back then. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can find articles about this so
> that I can send them to the owners of this club in the hopes of persuading them to avoid bromine.
> It does not seem to be enough for me to tell them that several facilities
have
> found the rash far too common, thus causing them to eliminate their
bromine.

> Thanks for any help.
>
> Marianne

24 Hour Fitness here in Texas uses bromine in its swimming pools. I love it! It is so much nicer
than the chlorine in the odor and taste and the way it affects the skin and hair. I have been a
member for a year and 1/4 with no rash problems at all. I used to have quite a rash from the
chlorine in another pool. I swim at least every other day and sometimes every day.

Pat in TX

I also swam in bromine for a long time and loved it....for 7 years, until the rash started coming.
Today I mentioned the rash to my neighbor as we talked about this club and she said that she never
understood why she got a rash from her hottub ...She had been using bromine.