Need Help Finding Running Shoe

litoralis

Jun 20, 2005
The only reason I run is for fitness/cardio. I have been looking to buy a new pair of running shoes due to the fact that my previous ones are showing much wear. I'm 210lbs, so I was looking at the ASICS GEL KAYANO for this reason. I run strictly outdoors around a lake. The ground I usually run on is dirt and wood chips. I was also looking at New Balance "All Terrain." Is there any other suggestions or comments based on what I told you? Thanks all that reply for their time and courtesy...

litoralis said:
The only reason I run is for fitness/cardio. I have been looking to buy a new pair of running shoes due to the fact that my previous ones are showing much wear. I'm 210lbs, so I was looking at the ASICS GEL KAYANO for this reason. I run strictly outdoors around a lake. The ground I usually run on is dirt and wood chips. I was also looking at New Balance "All Terrain." Is there any other suggestions or comments based on what I told you? Thanks all that reply for their time and courtesy...

Funny, I was going to recommend the Asics Gel Kayano before I read your post... I am a bigger guy (200lbs) who just runs when it is too cold or wet to ride (or if I am stretched for time and need a workout). I just got a pair of the Kayanos this year and they are the best shoe I have ever had. I have not run on trails with them yet, but I do run on a dirt path around a lake and they are fine, I would not hesitate to run on trails with them, it is just that I don't have any "real" trails close to where I live.

litoralis said:

I do trail running also I like to compete in the 25km races, trying to work my way up to 50 kms. I am big too (240 pounds) I really like my Adidas TR9s I think it stands for Trail runners 9. Before that I liked my New Balance 805s but I tried the new NBs and they did not feel as good as the Adidas’s at the time so I when with the TR9s.

Pete

got a pair of ASICS GEL KAYANO for £60 a bargin, about a month ago.. they are top quality.

You could run in the olympics in em :)

p.s - unless you run takes you through extremely muddy conditions up and down very steep moutains .. the tread on the Kayanos is more than able to keep your feet well and truely planted to terrafirma.

Thanks for the info. I wanted to hear from people that actually wear these shoes on regular basis.