Need help for a research paper...please help!!

epocker

Sep 15, 2009
I am a student at the University of Louisville and I am taking a writing class that is requiring me to choose a subculture and investigate it. I chose cyclists as a subject since I am already somewhat involved with the Louisville Bike Club. There are a few questions that I would like to get some feedback on. Any input would be much appreciated.

1.What attracted you to cycling?

2. Have you participated in competitive sports at some point in your life?

3. Do you have a regular group you rider with? What brought you all together?

4. In your opinion, what are the most important rules of "cyclers etiquette" that must be followed?

5. How old are you?

epocker said:
I am a student at the University of Louisville and I am taking a writing class that is requiring me to choose a subculture and investigate it. I chose cyclists as a subject since I am already somewhat involved with the Louisville Bike Club. There are a few questions that I would like to get some feedback on. Any input would be much appreciated.

1.What attracted you to cycling? My grandfather threw me on a bike at an early age and I liked it.

2. Have you participated in competitive sports at some point in your life?Yes, baseball and cycling.

3. Do you have a regular group you rider with?No, Lone Wolf What brought you all together?

4. In your opinion, what are the most important rules of "cyclers etiquette" that must be followed? Communicating your intentions.

5. How old are you?51 years

Thanks for your input. Any others out there want to throw a pebble into the stream that is my paper?

epocker said:

Movement, speed, simplicity, adrenal stimulation

Yup: football, baseball, basketball, track, motorcycle racing, and competitive skydiving

Nope.

4. In your opinion, what are the most important rules of "cyclers etiquette" that must be followed?

Follow traffic laws; signal what you're doing, whether it's turning at a light, dropping off from your pull, or what ever.

5. How old are you?

Started as a MTB'er a few years ago during an anniversary camping trip. After moving to where I am now, I was inspired by a neighbor who races to make the crossover to road.

No.

3. Do you have a regular group you rider with?
Nope, mainly solo right now.
What brought you all together?
N/A

4. In your opinion, what are the most important rules of "cyclists' etiquette" that must be followed?
Follow the rules of the road, as alienator stated above.

5. How old are you?
40, will be turning 41 in a few days.

1.what attracted you to cycling?
started feeling abnormally immortal after a few years of commuting to and from work on mountain bike.

2. Have you participated in competitive sports at some point in your life?quit skateboarding for ll years as a sponsored am. Came back and won 1st place street. Went to riding.

"Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." if not for the people that started the groups, i wouldn't have a clue about group rides but it's the joy of riding that brings them together. North West Cycling Club, Houston, tx.

Win.

5. How old are you?

Girls.

Football (Soccer)
Cricket
Yachting
Cycle Racing
Gymnastics

Races on weekend. I prefer to train alone.

Take a turn in the pace making
Ride safe
Respect other road users
Keep a well maintained bike

5. How old are you?

1.what attracted you to cycling?

Seeing that even a french dude (hinault) could fall off the edge of a mountain road and still get up and continue. High speed fun without seemingly too much risk. That and seeing robert millar win the king of the mountains.

Swimming, football (soccer), rugby, yard of ale drinking.

No. The local lads descend so badly that its safer to poke my eyeballs out with old rusty knitting needles. I think lots of band aids and visits to the doctors brought that motley crew together...

-don't make others crash.
-no snot rockets that land on those behind.
-no pissing in water bottles and handing them back as warm tea after a freewheel back to the coaches car.
-thou' shalt not swap the labels from embrocation and chamois cream.

5. How old are you?