Need help idenifying Campy component

rickn

Guest
I encountered a (used?) Campagnolo triple crankset that is for sale that
is labeled "RACING T."
I have since searched a bunch of sites trying to find some reference to
this series of components with no luck.
I would like to know where "RACING T." resides in the Campy "quality
scale".
Thanks,
Rick

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:40:11 -0400, rickn <rickn> wrote:

>I encountered a (used?) Campagnolo triple crankset that is for sale that
>is labeled "RACING T."
>I have since searched a bunch of sites trying to find some reference to
>this series of components with no luck.
>I would like to know where "RACING T." resides in the Campy "quality
>scale".
>Thanks,
>Rick

If you enter 'campagnolo racing triple' (the name of this line of
components) in google, you'll get lots of info, including discussions
in the groups section.

My limited knowledge says that it was pretty high quality, and Campy's
initial effort in the recent past to catch up with the triple road
market. Maybe they were scared to put an established line's name on it
until they had more experience with triples?

It's essentially Athena, which is a tight squeeze between Chorus &
Daytona/Centaur

rickn <rickn> wrote in news:MPG.1af4fd0dc8ab9b36989685@news-
60.giganews.com:

> I encountered a (used?) Campagnolo triple crankset that is for sale that
> is labeled "RACING T."
> I have since searched a bunch of sites trying to find some reference to
> this series of components with no luck.
> I would like to know where "RACING T." resides in the Campy "quality
> scale".
> Thanks,
> Rick

I have a Racing T triple chainset and a Centaur triple chainset..

They are identical.

Roger

news:[email protected]...

rickn wrote:

> I encountered a (used?) Campagnolo triple crankset that is for sale that
> is labeled "RACING T."
> I have since searched a bunch of sites trying to find some reference to
> this series of components with no luck.
> I would like to know where "RACING T." resides in the Campy "quality
> scale".

It was the triple option for Chorus and Record. Nice quality
crank if you like 130/74

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> rickn wrote:
>
> > I encountered a (used?) Campagnolo triple crankset that is for sale that
> > is labeled "RACING T."
> > I have since searched a bunch of sites trying to find some reference to
> > this series of components with no luck.
> > I would like to know where "RACING T." resides in the Campy "quality
> > scale".

> It was the triple option for Chorus and Record. Nice quality
> crank if you like 130/74

Huh? Its my understanding that Campy uses a 135mm bcd, not 130bcd.
The Racing T crank that I recall was 135/74. Anyways, the Racing T
triple crank is an excellent crank and was arguably one of the best
deals for a triple.

>>rickn wrote:
>>>I encountered a (used?) Campagnolo triple crankset that is for sale that
>>>is labeled "RACING T."
>>>I have since searched a bunch of sites trying to find some reference to
>>>this series of components with no luck.
>>>I would like to know where "RACING T." resides in the Campy "quality
>>>scale".

> A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>>It was the triple option for Chorus and Record. Nice quality
>>crank if you like 130/74

**Which should have read "if you like 135/74" **

bfd wrote:
> Huh? Its my understanding that Campy uses a 135mm bcd, not 130bcd.
> The Racing T crank that I recall was 135/74. Anyways, the Racing T
> triple crank is an excellent crank and was arguably one of the best
> deals for a triple.

Yes, you're right.
Another reader just emailed me a minute ago about that.

Mea culpa- -yes sometimes I type faster than I can type.