Need help installing new saddle

nature trail

Apr 14, 2006
Please help me, I bought a Avenir comfort plus saddle and I can't figure how how it will mount. I have included 2 pictures, 1 of the new seat, and 1 of the seat already on my bike. The new seat don't have a bracket on it like my old seat does. Please help me, thank you, Julie

100_1898.jpg
100_1890.jpg

Julie,
Your new seat will not fit with your old seat post without and additional part or replacing the seat post. Take both to your LBS and they should be able to help you. There are two options.

1. Use your old seat post and a piece that mounts on top of it and connects to the seat rails. Should be the least expensive. (Used on kids bikes a lot). Sorry I couldn’t find a good picture.

2. Get a new seat post with the top piece that connects to the rails on the seat built onto the seat post. This option shouldn’t be too expensive but probably more than option #1. This photo is an example of how the rails on the seat connect to most current day seat posts. This seat post is turned around backward from its normal position. Probably to get the seat further forward.

nature trail said:
Please help me, I bought a Avenir comfort plus saddle and I can't figure how how it will mount. I have included 2 pictures, 1 of the new seat, and 1 of the seat already on my bike. The new seat don't have a bracket on it like my old seat does. Please help me, thank you, Julie

You may be out of luck. Cheap department store bikes are often built proprietary without standards. The only way I know of that will let you replace your seat is if you buy a new seat post made to regular seat rail standards. It's also possible that it will be a challenge finding a seat post that will fit your bike.

Thanks for the responses. I'm assuming that this new post or attachement will raise the seat up then, right? I'm short 5'1", and I have the seat all the way down. The bikes a Huffy 15 spd. 22" I think, and it's perfect for me right now, I can put my feet down flat while sitting on the seat.
There's a bike shop near by, I guess I will have to see what they can do. Cause this old seat sure does hurt my butt!! Thanks again, Julie

The post to rail piece should not add too much height. You dont want to be able to put your feet down flat when sitting on the seat to get the most efficiency when riding. You want your knee bent slightly when sitting on the seat and one foot is on the pedal and it is all the way down.