need help locating a product

Rudy Fin

Guest
Hi, I need help! It's going to be winter soon and I want to move my biking indoors. I want to
continue biking on the same bike I use outdoors. I've seen this item before, but I have no idea what
it's called. I'm looking for this 'thing' that will jack--lift--the back of my wheel up so that my
bike remains stationary and I can bike indoors. I am sure someone knows what i'm talking about. A
website or the name of a product would be great. Thanks!

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:58:52 +0000, Rudy Fin wrote:

> Hi, I need help! It's going to be winter soon and I want to move my biking indoors. I want to
> continue biking on the same bike I use outdoors. I've seen this item before, but I have no idea
> what it's called. I'm looking for this 'thing' that will jack--lift--the back of my wheel up so
> that my bike remains stationary and I can bike indoors. I am sure someone knows what i'm talking
> about. A website or the name of a product would be great. Thanks!

It's called a trainer. Every cycling-based website will have them, but you should check some out in
a shop. The price difference will be minimal, and you will get to choose what is good for you. Bring
your bike, try the trainer out in the store.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored _`\(,_ | by little statesmen
and philosophers and divines. --Ralph Waldo (_)/ (_) | Emerson

On 29 Sep 2003 16:58:52 -0700, [email protected] (Rudy Fin) wrote:

>Hi, I need help! It's going to be winter soon and I want to move my biking indoors. I want to
>continue biking on the same bike I use outdoors. I've seen this item before, but I have no idea
>what it's called. I'm looking for this 'thing' that will jack--lift--the back of my wheel up so
>that my bike remains stationary and I can bike indoors. I am sure someone knows what i'm talking
>about. A website or the name of a product would be great. Thanks!

trainer? roller? these can be found at any online bike store.

David L. Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:58:52 +0000, Rudy Fin wrote:
>

>>Hi, I need help! It's going to be winter soon and I want to move my biking indoors. I want to
>>continue biking on the same bike I use outdoors. I've seen this item before, but I have no idea
>>what it's called. I'm looking for this 'thing' that will jack--lift--the back of my wheel up so
>>that my bike remains stationary and I can bike indoors. I am sure someone knows what i'm talking
>>about. A website or the name of a product would be great. Thanks!
>

> It's called a trainer. Every cycling-based website will have them, but you should check some out
> in a shop. The price difference will be minimal, and you will get to choose what is good for you.
> Bring your bike, try the trainer out in the store.

then you can make use of some of your old phone books by using them to level out the front of yout
bike so you don't slide off the saddle.

>trainer? roller? these can be found at any online bike store.

Or even, and here's a revolutinary concept, your local bike shop. Phil Brown

On 30 Sep 2003 00:37:11 GMT, [email protected] (Phil Brown) wrote:

>Or even, and here's a revolutinary concept, your local bike shop. Phil Brown

good point. :)