General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Need help losing weight to reach next level

Started by Grandepatzer · · Last activity · 4 posts · 703 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 April 2004
Last activity
2 April 2004
Original author
Grandepatzer
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
703
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi, I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. After reading all
    the good advise, it becomes clear to me I must lose alot of weight
    before I can reach the next level. I have stopped running now cold
    turkey for 3 days until I can get my act together. Here's my
    background for your study:

    a) I am 27, 6'4" and weigh 150 or so, depending on bowel
    movements. I have a Tanita scale, and it tells me my body
    fat is around 12%. Too high, I know it.
    b) I've been running since High School, and I've always
    thought I was pretty fast. But I'm wrong! I'm just fat.
    c) I keep trying to qualify for Boston, but my best so
    far is 3:38. So close. I know if I can get lighter, I
    can make it.

    As you can see, my average mile pace is unacceptably too
    low, and after tossing my pride aside and having a heart-to-
    heart with my inner self, I now recognize it's my weight
    holding me back, so here's what I need: what is the fastest
    way I can aggressively loose weight safely? I'll try
    anything. Hot steam baths. Cellophane. Purging. Whatever. I
    need to do it fast so I can start running again. I would
    like to race in the San Diego Suzuki Rock'n roll in June, so
    I don't have much time. I need to qualify for Boston! Please
    help me reach my dream.

  2. In article said:

    Hi, I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. After
    reading all the good advise, it becomes clear to me I
    must lose alot of weight before I can reach the next
    level. I have stopped running now cold turkey for 3 days
    until I can get my act together. Here's my background for
    your study:

    a) I am 27, 6'4" and weigh 150 or so, depending on bowel
    movements. I have a Tanita scale, and it tells me my
    body fat is around 12%. Too high, I know it.
    b) I've been running since High School, and I've always
    thought I was pretty fast. But I'm wrong! I'm just fat.
    c) I keep trying to qualify for Boston, but my best so far
    is 3:38. So close. I know if I can get lighter, I can
    make it.

    If this isn't a troll -- you're already light enough. You
    didn't mention anything about training. You should try it
    some time, it works.

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi pegasus.rutgers.edu~elflord

  3. Quoted message said:

    Hi, I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. After
    reading all the good advise, it becomes clear to me I must
    lose alot of weight before I can reach the next level.

    I hope this is a parody of Mr. Macelroy's foolishness that
    we all need to be far more concerned with our weight than
    with our training regimens. If it isn't, I would only
    comment that one look at an actuarial chart, and at 6'4"
    and 150, you are already "off the scale" for "small framed"
    men by 12 lbs. (the Met Life chart only goes as low as 162
    for your height). You really can't need to lose "weight"
    per se unless your goal is to be the next Alan Culpepper
    (at 6'1' and 130 lbs. he's also off the scale, but he can
    run 2:10 or 2:11 as I recall!); however, at 12% BF, you
    could in theory work to "lean out" the 150 lbs. of weight
    that you have, by eating a higher-protein diet for awhile
    and getting in some workouts designed to add strength where
    you may be lacking it. For example, if you were carrying
    150 lbs. at 5 - 7% BF you should theoretically be in better
    shape than you now are.

  4. "Donovan Rebbechi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,
    Grandepatzer


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks.
    After reading all the good advise, it becomes clear to
    me I must lose alot of weight before I can reach the
    next level. I have stopped running now cold turkey for 3
    days until I can get my act together. Here's my
    background for your study:

    a) I am 27, 6'4" and weigh 150 or so, depending on bowel
    movements. I have a Tanita scale, and it tells me my
    body fat is around 12%. Too high, I know it.
    b) I've been running since High School, and I've always
    thought I was pretty fast. But I'm wrong! I'm just
    fat.
    c) I keep trying to qualify for Boston, but my best so
    far is 3:38. So close. I know if I can get lighter, I
    can make it.

    If this isn't a troll -- you're already light enough. You
    didn't mention anything about training. You should try it
    some time, it works.

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi pegasus.rutgers.edu~elflord

    I am suspecting someone is fishing for a macelroy...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.