Need help on my training calendar

batmobil

Jul 16, 2010
I hope I can get some help from one of you who understands how to set up a training calendar for someone like me. I have a job where I need to travel certain months for about a few weeks at a time. The months I travel are end of March to around the middle of April and also the middle of October to beginning of November every year. I live in Cozumel Mexico which is very flat so the races are usually fast with sprints at the end. The season here is different since its warm year round but the times I'm usually racing are from November till Middle of March and then from the middle of April till the beginning of October. My question is how would you set up a training program where I can be in race shape during those two times. My A races are usually in December-February where I have 1-2 big races I want to place well in. I also have some A races from June-July. My FTP is about 190 now but I should move up to 200 by middle January. I weight 161lb. Since its a sprinters island I know I need to work on my sprints but also at the same time the field moves quickly at about 25+ depending on the wind which we have a lot of here. I would say i avg about 170w when I keep with the field but I burn out quickly especially with the attacks and the wind gusts. Any advice on how I can set up my training calendar to peak during the times above and at the same time improve my sprints. Thanks

You are basically asking to be fit year around. Your travel periods coincide nicely with when you are not racing, but the amount of racing you are doing would make it difficult to train, at least for me. I would start by picking a decent block of time where you can focus on training maybe use some races for training.

I see what your saying. I basically have a 6month block that I need to structure. How would you suggest I do that. I was thinking of doing one block in base 3 then 2 months in build one and two and then one month in peak and race.