Need help picking out some new tires

wc07

Jan 29, 2011
Hey guys. IN the market for some new bi cycle tires. Mine are starting to split around the edges. I am a newbie rider and only ride about 70 miles a week for right now. Should I just stick with the same tires that came on my bi cycle? Bought a used bike with maxxis tires. Not looking to spend a lot considering I won't make efficient use out of great tires. Went to the LBS and they wanted me to get new rims, even suggested a new bi cycle all together. Thanks for any advise.

There is already a thread very similar to this topic posted only a few days ago, and I would suggest you start there.

I know that these topics can do with refreshing every so often, but only three days after the last tyre post? Geez......

Yeah. I read that thread. Just looking for a more general response since I do not ride as much as him. I looked up lots of tire brands and models, but am still trying to digest it all.

What works in that thread will work for you too (mid range tyres with decent puncture protection). You both are after decent durable training tyres. Milage has little to do with it.