Need help, QUICK!!!

GucciPucci said:
I'm about to go on a ride.. or will if I can get the stock pedles of my Trek off and get the clip pedles on!

I'm wondering, do I use a standard adjustable wrench and which direction do I turn it? Lefty Loosie or Rightie Tightie? How hard will it be, and do you have any tips to stabalize the pedles so they don't move as I'm putting pressure on the pedles?

Please help!
First rule is relax, never work on your bike when you're in a hurry. Adjustable wrench might work, but better would be an open-end wrench of proper metric size.

Left pedal has left-hand threads, which loosen by turning clockwise (to the right). Right pedal has standard right-hand threads.

Hold the crank arm with one hand, use wrench with the other. If you place the wrench pretty close in line with crankarm, (maybe 20-30* off), you can squeeze the wrench and crankarm together to loosen or tighten, rather than putting any force on your BB or frame. If a pedal is tight, I'll pick up a ballpeen hammer and give the wrench a few taps, again holding the crankarm so my arm is absorbing the hammer blow, not the BB or frame. Good luck.