need help: what is 1 BS butter

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by bd, Dec 9, 2005.

  1. bd

    bd Guest

    sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    help.

    brad

    Tags:

  2. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "bd" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    > calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    > help.
    >
    > brad

    I imagine that is 1 TBS (= 1 table spoon). It's only a question of T, IMHO.
    Cheers
    Pandora

  3. On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 13:21:10 -0600, "bd" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    > calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    > help.

    Hi Brad,

    Sounds like someone did some slopping typing or writing, and that it
    should have been 1 TBSP (tablespoon) of butter. That's my best guess.
    Does this seem like a reasonable amount, given the recipe?

    Carol
    --

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

  4. A.C.

    A.C. Guest

    bd wrote:

    > sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    > calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    > help.

    it's probably a typo in the recipe. a TBS would be one tablespoon. someone
    probably forgot the T part.

  5. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 13:21:10 -0600, "bd" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    >calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    >help.
    >
    >brad

    It's a typographical error. It should be tbsp (for tablespoon).

    Sue(tm)

  6. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Curly Sue wrote:
    > On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 13:21:10 -0600, "bd" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    > >calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    > >help.
    > >
    > >brad
    > >

    > It's a typographical error. It should be tbsp (for tablespoon).
    >
    > Sue(tm)

    Actually yoose *all* been trolled... um, _brad__.

    So I found this in a post... F#CK... what's it mean?

    Brad

  7. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote

    > On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 13:21:10 -0600, "bd" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    >>calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    >>help.

    > It's a typographical error. It should be tbsp (for tablespoon).

    I'm thinking someone wrote 1BS where the 1 is an uncrossed (?) T.
    TBS, of course, defaulting to one.

    nancy

  8. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2005-12-09, bd <[email protected]> wrote:
    > sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    > calls for 1 BS.

    That is an abbreviation for Brick, Salted, and a brick is typcially
    2.5 lbs. Must be a big recipe!

    nb

  9. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    bd wrote:

    > sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    > calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    > help.

    That is a good question :)
    What is the recipe?

  10. bd

    bd Guest

    "Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > bd wrote:
    >
    >> sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    >> calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    >> help.

    > That is a good question :)
    > What is the recipe?

    sorry, guess the recipe might help...looks like it should be TBS.

    TERIYAKI AND PEACH PORK TENDERLOIN WRAPPED IN BACON

    2 pork tenderloins
    1 BS butter
    1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
    1/2 cup peach preserves (I'm using apricot)
    Pepper and garlic powder to taste
    6 slices of bacon (3 per tenderloin)

    Mix butter with preserves in a small pan and heat until melted. Remove from
    heat and add teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle tenderloins with pepper and garlic
    powder. Put in a plastic bag with peach sauce and marinate for 3 hours or
    overnight. Remove tenderloins from marinade and wrap each with 3 slices of
    bacon. Secure with toothpicks. Put in roasting pan. Spoon some peach
    preserves over them (don't use the marinade) and roast at 400°F for 35 to 45
    minutes.

  11. bd

    bd Guest

    "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Curly Sue wrote:
    >> On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 13:21:10 -0600, "bd" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    >> >calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    >> >help.
    >> >
    >> >brad
    >> >

    >> It's a typographical error. It should be tbsp (for tablespoon).
    >>
    >> Sue(tm)

    > Actually yoose *all* been trolled... um, _brad__.
    >
    > So I found this in a post... F#CK... what's it mean?
    >
    > Brad

    sheldon, not sure what you're talking about. i'm no troll, been reading
    this group for a year or more. i've seen your posts for some time now, so i
    know what kind of person you are and i won't take offense. not saying
    you're bad or anything, just different.

    brad

  12. bd

    bd Guest

    "bd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

    > "Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> bd wrote:
    >>
    >>> sorry if this is question is not suitable here, but i have a recipe that
    >>> calls for 1 BS butter and i'm not sure what that means. thanks for your
    >>> help.

    >> That is a good question :)
    >> What is the recipe?
    >>

    > sorry, guess the recipe might help...looks like it should be TBS.
    >
    > TERIYAKI AND PEACH PORK TENDERLOIN WRAPPED IN BACON
    >

    > 2 pork tenderloins
    > 1 BS butter
    > 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
    > 1/2 cup peach preserves (I'm using apricot)
    > Pepper and garlic powder to taste
    > 6 slices of bacon (3 per tenderloin)
    >
    > Mix butter with preserves in a small pan and heat until melted. Remove
    > from heat and add teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle tenderloins with pepper and
    > garlic powder. Put in a plastic bag with peach sauce and marinate for 3
    > hours or overnight. Remove tenderloins from marinade and wrap each with 3
    > slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks. Put in roasting pan. Spoon some
    > peach preserves over them (don't use the marinade) and roast at 400°F for
    > 35 to 45 minutes.

    this turned out pretty good. i tied the two tenderloins together (after
    marinating) with the bacon on the outside (i used 5 thick strips) until
    middle reached 155 f. let rest and cut it in ~ 1" slices. not bad.

    brad