Need Help with Powerlink (PTap) Software...Any Mac Users?

SketchySmurf

Aug 4, 2005
OK, so I bought a Cycle Ops powertap equipped indoor bike. Every retailer with a website says the software runs on a Mac. The retailer, when asked in person, said it runs on a Mac.

Here's a little tipoff it won't work with a Mac: the setup software program ends with ".exe". When you have to buy Virtual PC to get it running on a Mac, you cannot advertise the product as being able to run on Macs.

Grrrrr...So I understand that Cycle Ops has been working on getting a Mac version out. Anyone know of the status? If its going to be a long way off, which version of VPC should I get? Win2k or XP?

SketchySmurf said:
OK, so I bought a Cycle Ops powertap equipped indoor bike. Every retailer with a website says the software runs on a Mac. The retailer, when asked in person, said it runs on a Mac.

Here's a little tipoff it won't work with a Mac: the setup software program ends with ".exe". When you have to buy Virtual PC to get it running on a Mac, you cannot advertise the product as being able to run on Macs.

Grrrrr...So I understand that Cycle Ops has been working on getting a Mac version out. Anyone know of the status? If its going to be a long way off, which version of VPC should I get? Win2k or XP?
I have heard that win2k is better because it uses up less ram. Unless you want or need any xp features, from what I have heard go with Win2k.