Need help with shimano ST-MC32 shifter/brake lever on an older mountain bike

carmak

May 13, 2012
My wife has an older (90's) Performance mountain bike. My son knocked the bike over and the right side (7 speed) shifter is smashed.

I have not been able to find one on e-bay so I am looking for either a better place to look for the original ST-MC32 sthift/brake lever or is there an available replacement. My wife really likes the shifting method of the original shofter (push one lever to upshift and another lever to downshift) so that is what I am looking for in a replacement.

Thanks
Carmak

If you want to save yourself a lot of headache (and money), replace with a little friction shifter.
1 lever, shouldn't cost more than $ 3.00 or so.
Some models make clicking noises, which are meaningless, but people who are used to hearing themselves shift like them.

Hate to break it to you, but you're probably not gonna find exact replacements.

e-Bay has several BETTER 7-speed trigger sets; buy a rear-only for $11+shipping, or a complete set for about $37+shipping.

Shimano works with Shimano, years are largely irrelevant. I just put a set of 7-speed shift/brake pods on my nephew's bike; the pods are from 2001, the bike and its original derailleur are 2011. Works perfectly.