Need help with ti finish on litespeed frame

devisini

Nov 6, 2004
Does anyone know how to approximate the brushed satin finish on Litespeed ti frames.I had the paint bead blasted off and want to go with bare ti.Thanks for any help.Devisini

devisini said:
Does anyone know how to approximate the brushed satin finish on Litespeed ti frames.I had the paint bead blasted off and want to go with bare ti.Thanks for any help.Devisini
Most people I know use 400 grit SiC paper for major work and ScotchBrite® medium (green) for minor surface scratches.

devisini said:
Send it to litespeed. I made a shopworn and scuffed Merlin look acceptable with scotchbrite and a fine diamond abrasive paste.

boudreaux said:
Send it to litespeed. I made a shopworn and scuffed Merlin look acceptable with scotchbrite and a fine diamond abrasive paste.

I talked to the folks at Litespeed but they wanted $500 to do the job which I thought was robbery.

Steel wool works wonders too. I've used that in the shop and on my Ti wedding band that is half polished, half brushed. Looks good.