Road Cycling · Public discussion

Need Instructions for Schwinn Bike Computer

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 640 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
31 March 2007
Last activity
31 March 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
640
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I got a "Schwinn Bike Pedometer & Computer" from Amazon:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZBKB0/002-4904192-0577606

    and promptly lost the instructions, which went into a
    "safe place," never to be located again. It's a pretty
    complicated device.

    I e-mailed Schwinn customer support, but it apparently no
    longer answers customer mail.

    Anyone have one of these, or know where I might get a .PDF
    or something like that of the instructions?

    Thanks for any help on this!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This message was posted via one or more anonymous remailing services.
    The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
    is unverified.

  2. Quoted message said:

    I got a "Schwinn Bike Pedometer & Computer" from Amazon:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZBKB0/002-4904192-0577606

    and promptly lost the instructions, which went into a
    "safe place," never to be located again. It's a pretty
    complicated device.

    I e-mailed Schwinn customer support, but it apparently no
    longer answers customer mail.

    Most bike computers aren't actually all that complicated. There's usually a
    reset (sometimes called AC for "all clear"😉 button on the back. Push that
    and then figure out which of the buttons changes the function and which
    changes the setting for that function. You generally proceed to the next
    settable function by either holding one of the buttons down for several
    seconds, or there might be a "set" button on the back.

    --Mike Jacoubowsky
    Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReaction.com
    Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

  3. Quoted message said:

    I got a "Schwinn Bike Pedometer & Computer" from Amazon:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZBKB0/002-4904192-0577606

    and promptly lost the instructions, which went into a
    "safe place," never to be located again. It's a pretty
    complicated device.

    I e-mailed Schwinn customer support, but it apparently no
    longer answers customer mail.

    Anyone have one of these, or know where I might get a .PDF
    or something like that of the instructions?

    Thanks for any help on this!

    I believe that is the same piece sold, in both wired and wireless
    forms, under a variety of different names, including Ascent (Delta V
    wireless, available through Nashbar and Performance) and Bell (wired,
    available at Wal-Mart). The styling/color varies, but not the
    functions. Check their website for instructions.

  4. Quoted message said:

    I got a "Schwinn Bike Pedometer & Computer" from Amazon:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZBKB0/002-4904192-0577606

    and promptly lost the instructions, which went into a
    "safe place," never to be located again. It's a pretty
    complicated device.

    I e-mailed Schwinn customer support, but it apparently no
    longer answers customer mail.

    Anyone have one of these, or know where I might get a .PDF
    or something like that of the instructions?

    Thanks for any help on this!


    I am looking at mine, which I purchased just before Schwinn went [censored]
    and it only has 2 buttons on it. I have the instructions but they are
    buried somewhere under my electronics (work) magazines. I do know that
    all programming is done with the 2 front buttons and there is no reset
    on the back. Holding down both buttons for about 2-3 seconds will do a
    reset in case you mess something up. This was a $10 impulse buy at
    Wal-mart about 15 months ago and it has no markings except for Shwinn on
    2 places. It has a big display for the speed and a smaller set of
    numbers for the ODO, time, etc on the bottom.
    If this sounds like yours, post back and I will see if I can find and
    scan the instructions. I would probably have to e-mail the jpg file
    directly to you since this is not a binary group.
    Good luck.
    Bill Baka

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.