Need Lunch ideas

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Zoe, Dec 18, 2005.

  1. Zoe

    Zoe Guest

    I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately- chief salads,
    egg or tuna salad. Anyone have any good ideas or can point me in the
    direction of a good website with ideas.

    Thanks
    Zoe

    Tags:

  2. If you're not hungry enough for your lunch to be appealing, don't eat it.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Zoe" <don'[email protected]'tspam.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately- chief salads,
    > egg or tuna salad. Anyone have any good ideas or can point me in the
    > direction of a good website with ideas.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Zoe

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

  4. Cook double what you fix for dinner and nuke the leftovers for lunch
    the next day.

  5. Depending where you are, you could make an omellet. Or make a quiche
    without the crust. That lasts for several days and you can take a
    slice with you to microwave or eat without heating. A did packet of
    radishes, pickles, celery, etc goes well. I also like a buffalo
    chicken salad, with strips of grilled chicken dipped in buffalo sauce
    on top of a salad with blue cheese dressing. For fast food, there is
    always fried chicken (just don;t eat the breaded skin) or a hamburger
    from Wendy's minus the bun with a side salad. You can also make wraps
    of your favorite cold cuts using LC tortillas or flatbreads, which are
    around 5-7g net carb.

  6. Depending where you are, you could make an omellet. Or make a quiche
    without the crust. That lasts for several days and you can take a
    slice with you to microwave or eat without heating. A did packet of
    radishes, pickles, celery, etc goes well. I also like a buffalo
    chicken salad, with strips of grilled chicken dipped in buffalo sauce
    on top of a salad with blue cheese dressing. For fast food, there is
    always fried chicken (just don;t eat the breaded skin) or a hamburger
    from Wendy's minus the bun with a side salad. You can also make wraps
    of your favorite cold cuts using LC tortillas or flatbreads, which are
    around 5-7g net carb.

  7. Hey, Mr. Omlette Man, bread is not low carb.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Depending where you are, you could make an omellet. Or make a quiche
    > without the crust. That lasts for several days and you can take a
    > slice with you to microwave or eat without heating. A did packet of
    > radishes, pickles, celery, etc goes well. I also like a buffalo
    > chicken salad, with strips of grilled chicken dipped in buffalo sauce
    > on top of a salad with blue cheese dressing. For fast food, there is
    > always fried chicken (just don;t eat the breaded skin) or a hamburger
    > from Wendy's minus the bun with a side salad. You can also make wraps
    > of your favorite cold cuts using LC tortillas or flatbreads, which are
    > around 5-7g net carb.

  8. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > You sure are a [email protected]

    There is actually nothing wrong with the advice that was given. Eating
    good tasting or exciting foods all the time may cause a person to over eat.
    I doubt that the average person would gain a lot of weight if they ate
    boring, repetitive, bland foods.
    Many people complain that low carb menus are boring. IMO, they are
    overlooking a great tool to help them control their weight.

    > "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > If you're not hungry enough for your lunch to be appealing, don't eat

    it.

    > > --
    > > You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

  9. WM

    WM Guest

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:56:59 GMT, "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> You sure are a [email protected]

    > There is actually nothing wrong with the advice that was given. Eating
    >good tasting or exciting foods all the time may cause a person to over eat.
    >I doubt that the average person would gain a lot of weight if they ate
    >boring, repetitive, bland foods.
    > Many people complain that low carb menus are boring. IMO, they are
    >overlooking a great tool to help them control their weight.

    Thanks for pointing that out.

    In the back of my mind, I knew that your point was operative in my
    own choices but had never verbalized it.

    In the time I have remaining, I hope to continue to develop and adopt
    a very monotous diet(eating plan) that is merely adequate in the
    'taste and exciting' category but outstanding in the nutrition and
    longevity maintenance category.

    Currently, I start the day off with a 1/2 cup of low carb beer and
    1/2 ounce of walnuts followed by a 1/2 ounce swig straight from the
    olive oil bottle.

    A can of Sardines are on the menu 3 days a week. Salmon patties are
    required twice a week. I would be willing to come up with a daily
    fish requirement.

    A single slice of low carb bread with soy is also requred daily.

    1/2 cup of Half and Half or cream MUST be consumed daily - This is
    added to my coffee..

    2 Unsweetened tea per day.

    The rest varies but I would be willing to further refine my list to a
    very boring list that I follow faithfully for the rest of my life.
    Exceptions would occur to include harvest crops and holiday meals.

  10. Cheese and pepperoni?

    "Zoe" <don'[email protected]'tspam.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately- chief salads,
    > egg or tuna salad. Anyone have any good ideas or can point me in the
    > direction of a good website with ideas.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Zoe

  11. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Zoe said "I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately". He
    never said he wasn't hungry BoneHead!

    BTW, If you have diabetes and are managing BG levels, you might eat even if
    you aren't hungry.

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Not eating when you're not hungry is dumb?
    >
    > --
    > You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

  12. Bread is not low carb and is definitely not required daily.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "WM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:56:59 GMT, "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > A single slice of low carb bread with soy is also requred daily.

  13. Do you really think that Zoe is male?

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Zoe said "I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately". He
    > never said he wasn't hungry BoneHead!
    >
    > BTW, If you have diabetes and are managing BG levels, you might eat even
    > if you aren't hungry.
    >
    > "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Not eating when you're not hungry is dumb?
    >>
    >> --
    >> You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

  14. FOB

    FOB Guest

  15. Fiction has a valued place in modern society, but one must retain a sense of
    perspective regarding the issue.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "FOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > But, but, but.... what about "Give us this day our daily bread."
    >
    > In news:LXJpf.36929$q%[email protected],
    > JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> stated
    > | Bread is not low carb and is definitely not required daily.
    > |

    > | "WM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | news:[email protected]
    > || On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:56:59 GMT, "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > || A single slice of low carb bread with soy is also requred daily.

  16. Suze

    Suze Guest

    \Quoting FOB:
    >JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> stated
    >| "WM" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >|| "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >|| A single slice of low carb bread with soy is also requred daily.

    >| Bread is not low carb and is definitely not required daily.

    >But, but, but.... what about "Give us this day our daily bread."

    What is your direct opinion in regards as to whether or not there are
    any essential carbs?

  17. Maybe the Bible meant low carb bread.

    In news:[email protected],
    Suze <[email protected]> stated
    | \Quoting FOB:
    || JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> stated
    |
    ||| Bread is not low carb and is definitely not required daily.
    |
    || But, but, but.... what about "Give us this day our daily bread."
    |
    | What is your direct opinion in regards as to whether or not there are
    | any essential carbs?

  18. Bread is not low carb.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    news:[email protected]