Need Lunch ideas

Quoting "Joan F \(MI\):
>Suze <suze_andersonATspamcopDOTnet@> stated:
>| \Quoting FOB:
>|| JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> stated

>|| But, but, but.... what about "Give us this day our daily bread."
>|
>| What is your direct opinion in regards as to whether or not there are
>| any essential carbs?

>Maybe the Bible meant low carb bread.

Well, maybe it did. And maybe the flying spaghetti monster will deign
to grant us all a few more days of bliss before He or She destroys
this sinning hunk of rock.

Quoting Zoe:
>I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately- chief salads,
>egg or tuna salad.

Frankly, if you are "getting tired of what" in a way that just means
that you end up eating less without too much horrific discomfort, I'd
strongly suggest that you just go with the flow and take full
advantage of that for now.

>Anyone have any good ideas or can point me in the
>direction of a good website with ideas.

http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/recipes.html

Not a bunch of BS as to "net" carbs -- just good food that is really
low carb for the most part. I've made several of the casserole type
dishes and they are great tasting and quite filling.

Now that's truly scintillating prose, when you consider it's coming from an
obese idiot.

Good job, fatboy.

--
You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

"Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>A typical JC answer. (side-step the issue when confronted) LOL what a toad!
>

> "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:aZJpf.36930$q%[email protected]...
>> Do you really think that Zoe is male?

Psst! another rerun, you are repeating again. Did you get to the end of your
one-liners and have to start over ?

- Bread is not low carb
- Pancakes are not low carb.
- Cookies are not low carb, fatboy.
- Ice cream is how you got fat in the first place.
- Grits are not low carb.
- Have you ever heard of proper punctuation?
- Common sense dictates that you're an idiot.
- Learn how to quote properly, idiot.
- obesity = idiocy

And who can forget (my personal favorite)
- Your inane ramblings are more nonsensical than ever.

Butch up big guy

"JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Now that's truly scintillating prose, when you consider it's coming from
> an obese idiot.
>
> Good job, fatboy.

"There is actually nothing wrong with the advice that was given. Eating

good tasting or exciting foods all the time may cause a person to over
eat.
I doubt that the average person would gain a lot of weight if they ate
boring, repetitive, bland foods.
Many people complain that low carb menus are boring. IMO, they are
overlooking a great tool to help them control their weight. "

There is nothing wrong with it except that it doesn't work. If you
limit yourself to food that doesn't taste good, then most people simply
conclude the diet doesn't work and go back to their old ways. The
beauty of LC is that you CAN eat good, very tasty and nutritious food.
And that is one of the reasons it works.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "There is actually nothing wrong with the advice that was given. Eating
>
> good tasting or exciting foods all the time may cause a person to over
> eat.
> I doubt that the average person would gain a lot of weight if they ate
> boring, repetitive, bland foods.
> Many people complain that low carb menus are boring. IMO, they are
> overlooking a great tool to help them control their weight. "
>

> There is nothing wrong with it except that it doesn't work.

It doesn't work because people are always trying to push the limits.

> If you
> limit yourself to food that doesn't taste good, then most people simply
> conclude the diet doesn't work and go back to their old ways.

Or, people are trying to imitate their old carby favorites and find the
taste still isn't good enough.

The
> beauty of LC is that you CAN eat good, very tasty and nutritious food.
> And that is one of the reasons it works.

There are many factors for why people eat too much. Very tasty, is one of
them.

"Zoe" <don'tspam@don'tspam.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately- chief salads,
> egg or tuna salad. Anyone have any good ideas or can point me in the
> direction of a good website with ideas.

I don't know how "good" my ideas are :) but here are some of the things I
pack in my husband's lunches (he doesn't have access to a microwave):
string cheese
hard-boiled eggs
meat sticks
wraps (in romaine leaves or low carb tortillas)
peanuts
cottage cheese
SF jello with whipped cream (unsweetened of course)
tinned fish (sardines, herring, etc.)
cole slaw (homemade)
cookies (homemade, I have a couple of recipes I use)

There are other things but I can't think of them right at the moment.
Whereas I keep my daily net carbs in the 20-25g range, he isn't in it for
the weight loss, and he eats somewhere around 50-75g most days. That gives
me more flexibility, and I pack 3-4 different "snacks" together every day to
prevent boredom. Still, it would be nice if he had a microwave...

--
Merry Christmas,
Sherry

JC Der Koenig wrote:

> Not eating when you're not hungry is dumb?

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". Eating
while you're not hungry, and using the food to prevent
hunger in the first place, is that ounce of prevention.

Caveat - Easy to abuse and do a pound and a half of
prevention as your pound of cure.

Enjoying your food is not low carb.

In news:[email protected],
Suze <suze_andersonATspamcopDOTnet@> stated
| Quoting Zoe:
|| I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately- chief
|| salads, egg or tuna salad.
|
| Frankly, if you are "getting tired of what" in a way that just means
| that you end up eating less without too much horrific discomfort, I'd
| strongly suggest that you just go with the flow and take full
| advantage of that for now.
|
|| Anyone have any good ideas or can point me in the
|| direction of a good website with ideas.
|
| http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/recipes.html
|
| Not a bunch of BS as to "net" carbs -- just good food that is really
| low carb for the most part. I've made several of the casserole type
| dishes and they are great tasting and quite filling.

;-)

--
Cheri

FOB wrote in message ...
>Enjoying your food is not low carb.

On 21/12/05 2:33 AM, in article [email protected], "Sherry"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Zoe" <don'tspam@don'tspam.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately- chief salads,
>> egg or tuna salad. Anyone have any good ideas or can point me in the
>> direction of a good website with ideas.

> I don't know how "good" my ideas are :) but here are some of the things I
> pack in my husband's lunches (he doesn't have access to a microwave):
> string cheese
> hard-boiled eggs
> meat sticks
> wraps (in romaine leaves or low carb tortillas)
> peanuts
> cottage cheese
> SF jello with whipped cream (unsweetened of course)
> tinned fish (sardines, herring, etc.)
> cole slaw (homemade)
> cookies (homemade, I have a couple of recipes I use)
>
> There are other things but I can't think of them right at the moment.
> Whereas I keep my daily net carbs in the 20-25g range, he isn't in it for
> the weight loss, and he eats somewhere around 50-75g most days. That gives
> me more flexibility, and I pack 3-4 different "snacks" together every day to
> prevent boredom. Still, it would be nice if he had a microwave...

You eat at Atkins induction levels on a permanent basis even though Atkins
himself advised against doing that? Why is that? Why don't you do what
Atkins advises and increase you carbs after induction?

SS

Secret Squirrel wrote:
> Sherry wrote:
>
> > Whereas I keep my daily net carbs in the 20-25g range ...

> You eat at Atkins induction levels on a permanent basis even though Atkins
> himself advised against doing that? Why is that? Why don't you do what
> Atkins advises and increase you carbs after induction?

Some folks believe that lower carbs equal higher loss. Doesn't
matter that evidence generally contradicts their belief, it's too
obvious to question.

But within the directions of the Atkins process is the answer.
You cut out Sherry's signature so I'll restore it:

> Merry Christmas,
> Sherry
> 364/297/195 (4/3/05)
> http://lowcarb.owly.net

In the chapter on Induction there's a list of qualifiers for staying
low. Not bored, still working, still have a lot to lose and then a
6 month time limit.

I have long insisted that "a lot to lose" means "still have 100+
pounds to lose". Check out Sherry's numbers. This week and
likely for another week or two she still has 100+ to lose and
so she still falls under the "a lot to lose" provision in the
directions.
Today it makes sense that she is still near Induction levels.

The day she hits 295 then in my opinion her 6 month timeout
begins, or she should move on to OWL simply because doing
so is the most likely path to the best loss.

"Secret Squirrel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BFCEA271.1C82D%[email protected]...
> You eat at Atkins induction levels on a permanent basis even though Atkins
> himself advised against doing that? Why is that? Why don't you do what
> Atkins advises and increase you carbs after induction?

Well, for one thing, I'm not following Atkins. :)

Just as an FYI - when I go above 30g/day there is no weight loss.

Thank you for your concern :).

--
Merry Christmas,
Sherry

"Doug Freyburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Some folks believe that lower carbs equal higher loss. Doesn't
> matter that evidence generally contradicts their belief, it's too
> obvious to question.

I'm not one of them :). I went up earlier this summer, 5g at a time, when I
got to 40g/day I stopped losing. And didn't start again for over 2 months.
So I did a couple of things. I went back down to 30 and I raised my fat
levels. That got me losing again. Now I lose 1-2 lbs/week most weeks.
There are other variables (I won't see any loss, for example, this month due
to choices I'm making) but that's how it's working best for me now.

> But within the directions of the Atkins process is the answer.
> You cut out Sherry's signature so I'll restore it:
> >
> > Merry Christmas,
> > Sherry
> > 364/297/195 (4/3/05)
> > http://lowcarb.owly.net

> In the chapter on Induction there's a list of qualifiers for staying
> low. Not bored, still working, still have a lot to lose and then a
> 6 month time limit.
>
> I have long insisted that "a lot to lose" means "still have 100+
> pounds to lose". Check out Sherry's numbers. This week and
> likely for another week or two she still has 100+ to lose and
> so she still falls under the "a lot to lose" provision in the
> directions.
> Today it makes sense that she is still near Induction levels.
>
> The day she hits 295 then in my opinion her 6 month timeout
> begins, or she should move on to OWL simply because doing
> so is the most likely path to the best loss.

That's the plan :). When I get down to my last 100 lbs, I figured I'd work
my way back up, 5g/week at a time again, and keep my fat levels higher. I'm
in no hurry to lose, the health benefits are great for me too. Previously I
was eating a lot of fiber (a habit I'd gotten into on the advice of my
cardiologist several years ago) and that actually might have been part of
the problem?

--
Merry Christmas,
Sherry

"Suze" <wrote in message
> Quoting Zoe:
>>I'm getting tired of what I've been eating for lunch lately- chief salads,
>>egg or tuna salad.

> Frankly, if you are "getting tired of what" in a way that just means
> that you end up eating less without too much horrific discomfort,

I wish that were true. If I get sick of eating something, I won't eat it and
eat something else. that's why I'm looking for other lunch ideas.

>>Anyone have any good ideas or can point me in the
>>direction of a good website with ideas.

> http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/recipes.html

It looks like a great website with lots of tasty recipes.
Thanks!

"Sherry" <> wrote in message

> I don't know how "good" my ideas are :) but here are some of the things I
> pack in my husband's lunches (he doesn't have access to a microwave):
> string cheese
> hard-boiled eggs
> meat sticks
> wraps (in romaine leaves or low carb tortillas)
> peanuts
> cottage cheese
> SF jello with whipped cream (unsweetened of course)
> tinned fish (sardines, herring, etc.)
> cole slaw (homemade)
> cookies (homemade, I have a couple of recipes I use)

Thanks!

> "Joe" < wrote in message

> There is actually nothing wrong with the advice that was given. Eating
> good tasting or exciting foods all the time may cause a person to over
> eat.
> I doubt that the average person would gain a lot of weight if they ate
> boring, repetitive, bland foods.
> Many people complain that low carb menus are boring. IMO, they are
> overlooking a great tool to help them control their weight.

I don't find low carb boring, actually it can be the opposite if you use
different spices and such but it is easy to fall into a repetative trap.
In the summer we grow the most delicious tomatoes. I look forward to them
every year. I eat them with every meal, prepared a million different ways.
However by the end of the season, if I see one more tomato, I will throw up.
A few months later I forget all about it and start to look forward to tomato
season.

> Cook double what you fix for dinner and nuke the leftovers for lunch
> the next day.

Why is it that the best ideas are always the simplest and we tend to over
look them????
Thanks!