Need more setback

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joe Nordic, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Joe Nordic

    Joe Nordic Guest

    My bike has a 73 degree seat tube, and a seatpost with about an inch of setback (American Classic).
    I have long femurs for my height, and so I have the seat as far back on the post as it can go.

    Two questions:

    Are there any non-custom frames made in size 57 c-c with a 72 degree seat tube?

    And are there any seatposts made that have 2 inches of setback?

    Thanks.

    Joe

    Tags:

  2. Patrick W.

    Patrick W. Guest

    <snip>

    > And are there any seatposts made that have 2 inches of setback?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Joe

    You don't mention if you're talking about a road bike or mountain bike, but have you tried a
    mountain seat post? I had a Ritchey WCS Pro - something like that anyway - and IIRC it had well over
    2 inches of setback; way too much for me. I had to swap it out for a Thomson post with 0 degrees
    setback to get my bike set up properly.

    -Patrick

  3. I wonder what the set back is on this one:http://www.wallbike.com/seatposts/clb.html.

    I bought a Nitto Tri seatpost thinking I could reverse it to use for setback instead of forward tri
    position. Don't think that would work with any saddle.

    Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

    "Joe Nordic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My bike has a 73 degree seat tube, and a seatpost with about an inch of setback (American
    > Classic). I have long femurs for my height, and so I have the seat as far back on the post as
    > it can go.
    >
    > Two questions:
    >
    > Are there any non-custom frames made in size 57 c-c with a 72 degree seat tube?
    >
    > And are there any seatposts made that have 2 inches of setback?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Joe

  4. "Joe Nordic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My bike has a 73 degree seat tube, and a seatpost with about an inch of setback (American
    > Classic). I have long femurs for my height, and so I have the seat as far back on the post as
    > it can go.
    >
    > Two questions:
    >
    > Are there any non-custom frames made in size 57 c-c with a 72 degree seat tube?
    >
    > And are there any seatposts made that have 2 inches of setback?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Joe

    The difference in setback going from a 73 to a 72 degree seat tube will be about a centimeter. To
    get an inch more, you'd need to go around 70.5, which is rare enough to think you probably don't
    need that much. As for seatposts with more setback than the AC, you'll find most have less, due to
    the small upper clamp on the AC post. But you might check out the Selcof Biposition
    http://www.selcof.com/eng/sella_a5.html

    You may also want to look at changing saddles, as they vary quite a bit in how much setback
    you can get.

    SB