need mounting instructions for Rhode Gear super shuttle 3 bike rack

jeffgimpel

Apr 11, 2004
looking for instructions for using the Rhode Gear Super Shuttle 3 bike rack-.
for Trunk mounting.
Thanks

Originally posted by jeffgimpel
looking for instructions for using the Rhode Gear Super Shuttle 3 bike rack-.
for Trunk mounting.
Thanks

I have a copy of the instructions, and i would be happy to fax them to you, but alas, there is no mention of truck mounting.

Randy
Thanks for a copy of the directions.
My fax is 404-705-2805
phone is 404-705-2869, in Atlanta.
Jeff

Originally posted by jeffgimpel
Randy
Thanks for a copy of the directions.
My fax is 404-705-2805
phone is 404-705-2869, in Atlanta.
Jeff

Sent. Sorry for the delay. Let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks for faxing the instructions on the bike rack.
Works fine.
I appreciate your follow up in getting them to me.
ride in good health!
Jrff

I need the mounting instructions for a rhode gear super shuttle. Anyone?

thx

Is there any way I could get a copy of these instructions too? Please let me know. Thanks!!!

I would love a copy as well if someone could PM me...thanks!

Randybaker99 said:
I have a copy of the instructions, and i would be happy to fax them to you, but alas, there is no mention of truck mounting.
Hello, Randy: Trying to find a Rhode Gear Super Cycle Shuttle manual I have been searching the net and Google for hours, but finally found my way to the Cyclingforums + your answer to another Forum member.
Would you mind to e-mail these mounting instructions to me as well?
And if you own this "shuttle", is it safely attached? SAFE up to what speed? Did you ever have trouble with it....getting loose and loosing it? We bought it several years ago in NC, never used it, then moved to Germany and thus our manual got lost
I would appreciate your help highly!:D

Hoping to hear from you soon. thanks in advance,
Heidullah

OK, I (finally) found the manual, scanned it in and uploaded the jpg files to my personal web pages on Comcast. Here is the link:

http://home.comcast.net/~randybaker99/rack.html

If anyone has problems accessing it, just let me know and I will look into it.

Some people have been asking if I have had problems, how fast can I drive with it on, etc.:

I use the rack almost daily, usually carrying one 18 lb bike, it has worked very well for me - doesn't comes loose, hasn't scratched the bike, yada, yada.

One thing I started doing is stretch a bungee across the two horizontal straps after the rack is mounted. This keeps all the straps tighter and reduces rattling noises, especially when the rack is mounted but bikeless.

I hope this is helpful.

Randy

That's awesome, thanks so much Randy!!!!! This is a big help!!!!

Thank you very much Randy for those scanned pages. We found them useful today, years after you posted them, attaching a rack we had not used for a few years. Thank you thank you. T.J.

Thanks Man! These saved my arshe! I could not figure out this Rhode Gear contraption. Lost my Saris Bones in a car crash, bought the RG off Craigslist, but sans instructions.
Peace!

I have a copy of the instructions, and i would be happy to fax them to you, but alas, there is no mention of truck mounting

I would appreciate a copy of the instructions on the assembly of the Rhode Gear Bike Rack.
Thanks,
nancy

Hello Randy,

I do not have a Rhode Gear Super Shuttle so I don't need the instructions. However, I think that you are a saint helping so many people out. Putting them on your site was above and beyond. I am surprized that Rhode Gear doesn't have them on thier site:confused: . Sounds like a major lapse in customer support. Oh well:rolleyes: .

Thank you! I winged it the last time and it worked fine but I was a nervous wreck the whole trip.
I appreciate knowing that my rack is properly installed.

Randybaker99 said:
OK, I (finally) found the manual, scanned it in and uploaded the jpg files to my personal web pages on Comcast. Here is the link:

http://home.comcast.net/~randybaker99/rack.html

If anyone has problems accessing it, just let me know and I will look into it.

Some people have been asking if I have had problems, how fast can I drive with it on, etc.:

I use the rack almost daily, usually carrying one 18 lb bike, it has worked very well for me - doesn't comes loose, hasn't scratched the bike, yada, yada.

One thing I started doing is stretch a bungee across the two horizontal straps after the rack is mounted. This keeps all the straps tighter and reduces rattling noises, especially when the rack is mounted but bikeless.

I hope this is helpful.

Randy
Brilliant, thanks!
I just got the bike carrier from a friend who hasn't been using it and the instructions are lost. Was trying to puzzle out how to attach it - think I had it upside down!! So glad I found your scanned instructions, we will travel much safer when we leave on vacation!!