Need New Bike

m6747

Jul 16, 2005
Hi,
I am 14 and have about $400 towards a new bike I am 5'4" and love to mountain bike. What type of bike should I get? Where should I get it? is ebay good? Should I get full suspension or hard tail? Is a 19.5" fram size good?
Thanks

I am 14 and have about $400 towards a new bike I am 5'4" and love to mountain bike.

What type of bike should I get? If you love to mountain bike get a mountain bike.

Where should I get it? Local Bike Shop

is ebay good? Not for somebody that has no clue as to what they want.

Should I get full suspension or hard tail? You're not going to get much full suspension for $400.00 unless you go to Walmart.

Is a 19.5" fram size good? Not if you're only 5'4" tall.

Doctor Morbius said:
I am 14 and have about $400 towards a new bike I am 5'4" and love to mountain bike.

What type of bike should I get? If you love to mountain bike get a mountain bike.

Where should I get it? Local Bike Shop

is ebay good? Not for somebody that has no clue as to what they want.

Should I get full suspension or hard tail? You're not going to get much full suspension for $400.00 unless you go to Walmart.

Is a 19.5" fram size good? Not if you're only 5'4" tall.
Thanks for the advice. I meant what brand of bike-Cannondale marin kona fuji. I have been looking at bikes on Ebay but just don't know if I can trust them. What size frame should I get then? I want some growing room

m6747 said:
Thanks for the advice. I meant what brand of bike-Cannondale marin kona fuji. I have been looking at bikes on Ebay but just don't know if I can trust them. What size frame should I get then? I want some growing room
If you're a first time buyer, which I'm guessing you are by the nature of your questions, then buy something from your bike shop and not ebay. Just trust me on this one.

Doctor is right... definitely get an entry level bike from a top brand at your local bike store. Ride all of them and see which one feels the best. At 5'4-5'6 for mountain biking you're a 16.5" frame, a 17" frame would be pushing it.