Need new bike

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by Bentt, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Bentt

Bentt New Member

Been using the same road bike for the last 10 years... Pretty much in need of a new bike.
    There are so many brands, and I'm not sure where to begin searching...
    Maybe some of you who have a bit more experience can give some suggested bikes.
    I'd like to keep it cheap but from what I want, I'm guessing that's not going to be possible...

Seaching for a road bike :
    carbon
    Disc
    electronic shifting
    (decent wheels/aero(how much difference does aero make?))

cheers

Tags:

2. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that with electronic shifting you'll have to replace the battery about every 2 years on average and will cost $60 a pop. Not something I want to deal with but you might be ok with it, I also don't want to deal with a battery for a myriad of reasons that lend themselves to reliability issues. But you say you want it cheap but electronic shifting will cost you more money over the long haul.

This is probably the cheapest CF electronic shifting bike you're going to find: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/road_bikes/ultegra-roadbikes-lechampcfdi2-ltd.htm

3. Jarvan

Jarvan New Member

I had a friend who tested their remote-controlled steering lights. It feels good. I didn't spend money. They still need someone else to test. if you need. I can help you to contact. After all, free, good results

4. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

how does your remote control steering lights work?

5. Jarvan

Jarvan New Member

Is attached to the handlebar with a remote control

6. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

ok, so what's the deal with that? so I can aim the light? I can do that with a helmet light, I've never ever once thought to myself, "gee I wish my bar light could do that", but maybe someone else has thought that? I just don't see the purpose of it, perhaps you can explain it better.

I just think if YOU are going to sell a product here you need to explain it a lot better; see I don't believe this product is a friend of yours creation, I think it's yours due to your very low number of posts you have, you came on here to try to sell it, the place to that is on the classified section of this forum. You also need to take classes on marketing because your marketing skills are poor to say the least, or hire someone who has those skills; but if this is your creation you will not want the overhead just yet, so do the marketing yourself and take classes to get to that point, in fact you will probably have homework that along with instructors help will help you to market it while taking the courses.

Chuckabutty likes this.
  7. Jarvan

Jarvan New Member

Yes, I think you are a wise person, you can see my real thoughts. And I will accept it seriously. I need some friends to test this product. But I can't find anyone who needs it. And you are all people who are proficient in this field and are interested in it.
    So I hope to give you the opportunity of this offer. Such cooperation is beneficial to everyone. Do you think I am right?

8. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Perhaps you are right, problem is nobody knows you or your reputation and are afraid with all the internet crap that goes on that they could get ripped off or have email accounts hijacked which is why no one here posts their email accounts for others to see. I'm sorry the world is like this but since it is we take precautions.

I think the best thing for you to do with your product is first start a fictitious company name and give it it's own email, Ebay and Facebook accounts. The Facebook account will need to be done right and look slick with detailed pictures of the product as well as a video link to YouTube and a link to the Facebook business site showing how it works and how bright and useful the ability to move the light is by showing a video of it operating. Next you travel to various bike shops in your area and try to promote it that way and see if you can get an employee or owner to use the product and if they like sell it in their shop if the profit margin is favorable for them.

Yes it's a lot of work but if you think you have a good idea it could be worth the work. Good luck, and don't forget to take marketing and business classes so your idea doesn't turn into bad luck due to bad business practices and ignorance.

9. cyntia

cyntia New Member

Trek Fuel Ex 5 29” mountain bike

Great condition, barely used Trek Fuel Ex 5 29er mountain bike for sale. This really is a brilliant bike light enough so that it’s suitable for cross country cycling and sturdy enough for proper downhill trails, regret having to sell this but I’m living in the city and have only been using my road bike. Due to this it’s barely been used and is still in great condition.

***Specs***

Frame
    ————————————-
    Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP Convert, Full Floater, E2 tapered head tube, press fit BB, magnesium EVO link, down tube guard, G2 Geometry, 120mm travel

Front suspension
    ————————————-
    RockShox XC32 w/coil spring, TurnKey lockout, E2 tapered steerer, 15mm Maxle Lite, custom G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 120mm travel

Rear suspension
    ————————————-
    RockShox Monarch RL w/rebound, lockout, 7.25x1.875"

Wheels
    ————————————-
    29”, Bontrager alloy, 15mm alloy axle front hub; Formula DC22 alloy rear hub w/Bontrager AT-650 32-hole double-walled rims

Drivetrain
    ————————————-
    Shifters - SRAM X5, 10 speed
    Front derailleur - SRAM X5, high direct mount
    Rear derailleur - SRAM X5
    Crank - FSA Gamma Drive, 44/32/22
    Cassette - SRAM PG-1030 11-36, 10 speed

Components
    ————————————-
    Saddle - Bontrager Evoke 1.5
    Seatpost - Bontrager SSR, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
    Handlebar - Bontrager Low Riser, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
    Stem - Bontrager Race Lite, 31.8mm, 7 degree
    Headset - FSA IS-2, E2, cartridge bearing
    Brakeset - Shimano M395 hydraulic disc
    Colours - Black Titanite/Trek White

10. Jarvan

Jarvan New Member

You have already mapped out the complete operation of a product. This does require a very deep knowledge. I will explain your opinion to others because it really makes sense.
    I am responsible for testing this product. Because it is free, this is not a profitable act. Because the bicycle lights that are remotely turned are rare, I need someone who really wants to use the bike to try it out. In the future it is possible that this will become the choice of most people.
    Although I can find other people to do this, I would like to give this discount opportunity to people who really like to ride and dare to try new things.
    I will go buy some books to learn marketing courses. Sincerely thank you for your advice.

11. Jack Smith152

Jack Smith152 New Member

I want a bicycle turn signal, you say it is free. Although I am a little bit suspicious. But I still want to know how it is obtained for free. Can you send some pictures of the lights? I want to see what this headlight looks like. Thank you. And which platform are you selling products for?

12. MARKit

MARKit New Member

是的,您只需支付贝宝费,因为我们通过PayPal付款,这是我们的照片。我们在亚马逊上销售

Attached Files:

13. cyntia

cyntia New Member

what really do you want?

MARKit likes this.