Need new cycling shoes: Best bike shop in SF/Bay Area to look?

walterfredo

Feb 2, 2011
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section of the forum. I'm a relatively new road biker, about 2 years, 4K miles, and I'm in desperate need of an upgrade on my cycling shoes. I currently have the bottom of the line shimano 3 velcro jobs, and they kill my feet. I think the obvious thing to do is try on as many options as possible. Looking to keep it in/under the $300 range.

Can anyone recommend a shop in the SF-Bay area (preferably SF or Oakland/Berkeley) that has a wide range of cycling shoes? Seems like most stores don't carry a wide range of options these days. A friend of mine had some nice Lake shoes with the Boa fastener and he loves them. Would love to try those on, among as many other makers as possible. All input and recommendations are gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

good budget, it will carry you quite close to top of the line shoes on any brand, yes try different options until you are completely satisfied with fit before buying,

When it comes to feet, I've found it's more a matter of finding a shoe that fits and a shop, any shop, that takes the time and has the inventory to help me find it.

oldbobcat said:
When it comes to feet, I've found it's more a matter of finding a shoe that fits and a shop, any shop, that takes the time and has the inventory to help me find it.
Exactly.