Need number to Assault on Mt. Mitchell

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by No Room in the, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Does anyone know the going rate for a number to Assault on Mt. Mitchell (North Carolina)? And, where
    you might find someone who has one? Thanks!

    Jon Hoffman

    Tags:

  2. .O0 0o.

    .O0 0o. Guest

    Hey, I would like to know that too. I am in Raleigh, where are you?

    "No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Hb1%[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know the going rate for a number to Assault on Mt. Mitchell (North Carolina)? And,
    > where you might find someone who has one? Thanks!
    >
    > Jon Hoffman

  3. I'm in Cary (for those of you that aren't aware, that's next to Raleigh). The 75 mile trip to Marion
    is no problem but the 25 miles after that to the top of Mt. Mitchell is only open to those who rode
    to Marion the year before. Since I didn't, I would need to find someone that doesn't want/need their
    'number' to Mt. Mitchell. I believe some people give away their number and others sell theirs. Any
    one out there that knows more about where I might find a number or can give me info about the going
    rate to buy one would be appreciated!

    ".o0 0o." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hey, I would like to know that too. I am in Raleigh, where are you?
    >
    > "No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:Hb1%[email protected]...
    > > Does anyone know the going rate for a number to Assault on Mt. Mitchell (North Carolina)? And,
    > > where you might find someone who has one?
    Thanks!

    > > Jon Hoffman

  4. .O0 0o.

    .O0 0o. Guest

    Can one just show up and ride up the mountain? Is there some special ride of which I am unaware? I
    moved up from Wilmington in 2002 and started riding again less than a year ago. I love it up here. A
    lot of people riding and I have found some good routes in the north Raleigh area. I was thinking
    about making a trip to the mountains this year to do some riding. I have not been there since I
    raced in Asheville in 1993.

    "No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eVr%b.33503$%[email protected]...
    > I'm in Cary (for those of you that aren't aware, that's next to Raleigh). The 75 mile trip to
    > Marion is no problem but the 25 miles after that to
    the
    > top of Mt. Mitchell is only open to those who rode to Marion the year before. Since I didn't, I
    > would need to find someone that doesn't
    want/need
    > their 'number' to Mt. Mitchell. I believe some people give away their number and others sell
    > theirs. Any one out there that knows more about where I might find a number or can give me info
    > about the going rate to
    buy
    > one would be appreciated!
    >
    > ".o0 0o." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Hey, I would like to know that too. I am in Raleigh, where are you?
    > >
    > > "No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:Hb1%[email protected]...
    > > > Does anyone know the going rate for a number to Assault on Mt.
    Mitchell
    > > > (North Carolina)? And, where you might find someone who has one?
    > Thanks!
    > > >
    > > > Jon Hoffman

  5. The ride is the Assault on Mt. Mitchell.
    http://www.freewheelers.info/assault.html

    I believe you can ride up that last 25 miles any day you want, but if you want to ride as part of
    the Assault Day event, you would need a number. Reading some of the descriptions of this event,
    sounds like the local police and the coordinators have their hands full trying to manage a large
    number of riders ascending all on the same day, while the road is still open to auto traffic, etc.
    Safety concerns probably always threaten the existence of events like this, so I'd want to do my
    part by following the rules, getting the 'number' etc.

    ".o0 0o." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Can one just show up and ride up the mountain? Is there some special ride of which I am unaware? I
    > moved up from Wilmington in 2002 and started riding again less than a year ago. I love it up here.
    > A lot of people riding and I have found some good routes in the north Raleigh area. I was thinking
    > about making a trip to the mountains this year to do some riding. I have not been there since I
    > raced in Asheville in 1993.
    >

    > "No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eVr%b.33503$%[email protected]...
    > > I'm in Cary (for those of you that aren't aware, that's next to
    Raleigh).
    > > The 75 mile trip to Marion is no problem but the 25 miles after that to
    > the
    > > top of Mt. Mitchell is only open to those who rode to Marion the year before. Since I didn't, I
    > > would need to find someone that doesn't
    > want/need
    > > their 'number' to Mt. Mitchell. I believe some people give away their number and others sell
    > > theirs. Any one out there that knows more about where I might find a number or can give me info
    > > about the going rate to
    > buy
    > > one would be appreciated!
    > >
    > > ".o0 0o." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > berlin.de...
    > > > Hey, I would like to know that too. I am in Raleigh, where are you?
    > > >
    > > > "No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:Hb1%[email protected]...
    > Mitchell
    > > Thanks!

  6. .O0 0o.