Need number to Assault on Mt. Mitchell

No Room in the

Guest
Does anyone know the going rate for a number to Assault on Mt. Mitchell (North Carolina)? And, where
you might find someone who has one? Thanks!

Jon Hoffman

Hey, I would like to know that too. I am in Raleigh, where are you?

"No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Hb1%[email protected]...
> Does anyone know the going rate for a number to Assault on Mt. Mitchell (North Carolina)? And,
> where you might find someone who has one? Thanks!
>
> Jon Hoffman

I'm in Cary (for those of you that aren't aware, that's next to Raleigh). The 75 mile trip to Marion
is no problem but the 25 miles after that to the top of Mt. Mitchell is only open to those who rode
to Marion the year before. Since I didn't, I would need to find someone that doesn't want/need their
'number' to Mt. Mitchell. I believe some people give away their number and others sell theirs. Any
one out there that knows more about where I might find a number or can give me info about the going
rate to buy one would be appreciated!

".o0 0o." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hey, I would like to know that too. I am in Raleigh, where are you?
>
> "No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:Hb1%[email protected]...
> > Does anyone know the going rate for a number to Assault on Mt. Mitchell (North Carolina)? And,
> > where you might find someone who has one?
Thanks!

> > Jon Hoffman

Can one just show up and ride up the mountain? Is there some special ride of which I am unaware? I
moved up from Wilmington in 2002 and started riding again less than a year ago. I love it up here. A
lot of people riding and I have found some good routes in the north Raleigh area. I was thinking
about making a trip to the mountains this year to do some riding. I have not been there since I
raced in Asheville in 1993.

"No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eVr%b.33503$%[email protected]...
> I'm in Cary (for those of you that aren't aware, that's next to Raleigh). The 75 mile trip to
> Marion is no problem but the 25 miles after that to
the
> top of Mt. Mitchell is only open to those who rode to Marion the year before. Since I didn't, I
> would need to find someone that doesn't
want/need
> their 'number' to Mt. Mitchell. I believe some people give away their number and others sell
> theirs. Any one out there that knows more about where I might find a number or can give me info
> about the going rate to
buy
> one would be appreciated!
>
> ".o0 0o." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > Hey, I would like to know that too. I am in Raleigh, where are you?
> >
> > "No Room in the Attic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:Hb1%[email protected]...
> > > Does anyone know the going rate for a number to Assault on Mt.
Mitchell
> > > (North Carolina)? And, where you might find someone who has one?
> Thanks!
> > >
> > > Jon Hoffman

The ride is the Assault on Mt. Mitchell.
http://www.freewheelers.info/assault.html

I believe you can ride up that last 25 miles any day you want, but if you want to ride as part of
the Assault Day event, you would need a number. Reading some of the descriptions of this event,
sounds like the local police and the coordinators have their hands full trying to manage a large
number of riders ascending all on the same day, while the road is still open to auto traffic, etc.
Safety concerns probably always threaten the existence of events like this, so I'd want to do my
part by following the rules, getting the 'number' etc.