Need Pork Chop Ideas....

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Sheryl Rosen, Feb 10, 2005.

  1. Puester

    Puester Guest

    Sheryl Rosen wrote:
    > Please help!
    >
    > Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops, and
    > accompaniments?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Sheryl

    Stir fry with onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and whatever else you
    like. Serve with rice and garlicky stir fried broccoli or asparagus.

    gloria p

  2. One time on Usenet, [email protected] said:
    > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:01:16 -0500, Sheryl Rosen <[email protected]>
    > wrote:

    > >Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops, and
    > >accompaniments?

    > Crash and I agree that the only thing needed for good pork chops is salt
    > and pepper.
    >
    > That being said, I have an alternative way of preparing them. I brown them
    > in a skillet, and move them into a baking pan. Deglaze the skillet with a
    > little water. Mix the water with a can of Campbell's Cream of Onion soup.
    > Pour the soup over the pork, cover with foil, and bake for about an hour at
    > 325F.
    >
    > The meat will be extremely tender and flavorful, and the soup/drippings
    > mixture forms a gravy that is great on mashed potatoes.

    This sounds good and quite easy. I'll bet the "gravy" would be good on
    egg noodles too. Thanks for sharing, Carol... :)

    --
    J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
    "You still haven't explained why the pool is

  3. aem

    aem Guest

    Jed wrote:
    > Last week I made my standard Chidcken Fried Steak, replacing the

    steak
    > with a bone-in pork chop. Pan fried the pork chop in oil with some
    > bacon drippings added, removed it from the pan and made a milk gravy
    > with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Served with

    standard-issue
    > mashed potatoes. Not particularly health-wise but even better, IMO,
    > than using a pounded/tenderized piece of round.
    >
    > I don't see why you couldn't use the bonless pork chops, but they

    will
    > cook more quickly and dry out faster so would need more careful
    > tending.

    Indeed, wouldn't the boneless work better than bone-in? Pound them to
    about half their thickness, season and flour them, then treat them just
    as you would the chicken fried steak, taking care only not to overcook
    them.

    -aem

  4. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    "Sheryl Rosen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BE318A2C.60B47%[email protected]
    > Please help!
    > I have center cut boneless pork chops in the freezer that I want to make
    > over the weekend. (Yeah, I know, technically chops have a bone, if they

    are
    > boneless they are steaks, whatever..."pork steaks" just sounds dumb to

    me).

    > I'm tired of marinating them and grilling them.
    > I'm tired of Shake-n-Bake-ing them.
    > Making them with stuffing doesn't inspire me.
    > I have even done them as I do a loin roast, pan roasted with onions,

    apples
    > and apple cider. That's getting "old" too.
    > The person I'm having as a dinner guest doesn't care for sauerkraut, so
    > that's out.
    >
    > I know there must be a million and one ways to cook pork chops, but damned
    > if I can think of any other than what I've been doing all along.
    >
    > Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops, and
    > accompaniments?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Sheryl

    Brown them in a little butter and olive oil and liberally dose with lemon
    pepper and onion salt. Deglaze pan with a bit of water or broth and move
    chops to a plate for the time being. Make a basic roux (flour & butter) in
    the pan and add milk to make a creamy gravy. Add the liquid from the
    deglazing. Slice the chops and add to the. Taste for seasoning, adding more
    lemon pepper and onion salt as needed. I tend to lean more towards the lemon
    pepper. Lots. Serve with rice and vegetable of your choice. By no means is
    this fat free, but it surely is delicious.

    kimberly

  5. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    "Sheryl Rosen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BE318A2C.60B47%[email protected]
    > Please help!
    > I have center cut boneless pork chops in the freezer that I want to make
    > over the weekend. (Yeah, I know, technically chops have a bone, if they

    are
    > boneless they are steaks, whatever..."pork steaks" just sounds dumb to

    me).

    > I'm tired of marinating them and grilling them.
    > I'm tired of Shake-n-Bake-ing them.
    > Making them with stuffing doesn't inspire me.
    > I have even done them as I do a loin roast, pan roasted with onions,

    apples
    > and apple cider. That's getting "old" too.
    > The person I'm having as a dinner guest doesn't care for sauerkraut, so
    > that's out.
    >
    > I know there must be a million and one ways to cook pork chops, but damned
    > if I can think of any other than what I've been doing all along.
    >
    > Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops, and
    > accompaniments?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Sheryl

    I just thought of something else, Sheryl. If you like Asian flavors, you can
    pound them out and dip in a beaten egg, then Panko bread crums. Saute until
    deep golden and serve with Tonkatsu sauce (you should be able to find it in
    the Asian food section of your local grocery). I serve white and brown rice,
    either steamed or fried, and a stir fry of veggies. You can also add some
    thinly sliced onions, leeks and garlic, then some stock to the pan and serve
    it over the rice that way.

    kimberly

  6. "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Sheryl Rosen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:BE318A2C.60B47%[email protected]
    > > Please help!
    > > I have center cut boneless pork chops in the freezer that I want to make
    > > over the weekend. (Yeah, I know, technically chops have a bone, if they

    > are
    > > boneless they are steaks, whatever..."pork steaks" just sounds dumb to

    > me).
    > >
    > > I'm tired of marinating them and grilling them.
    > > I'm tired of Shake-n-Bake-ing them.
    > > Making them with stuffing doesn't inspire me.
    > > I have even done them as I do a loin roast, pan roasted with onions,

    > apples
    > > and apple cider. That's getting "old" too.
    > > The person I'm having as a dinner guest doesn't care for sauerkraut, so
    > > that's out.
    > >
    > > I know there must be a million and one ways to cook pork chops, but

    damned
    > > if I can think of any other than what I've been doing all along.
    > >
    > > Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops,

    and
    > > accompaniments?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > Sheryl

    > I just thought of something else, Sheryl. If you like Asian flavors, you

    can
    > pound them out and dip in a beaten egg, then Panko bread crums. Saute

    until
    > deep golden and serve with Tonkatsu sauce (you should be able to find it

    in
    > the Asian food section of your local grocery). I serve white and brown

    rice,
    > either steamed or fried, and a stir fry of veggies. You can also add some
    > thinly sliced onions, leeks and garlic, then some stock to the pan and

    serve
    > it over the rice that way.
    >
    > kimberly

    How about an Indonesian dish. This is my favorite.

    Babi Pangang

    500 gram lean pork, boneless
    2 small tsp. djahé (ground ginger)
    1 small tsp. garlic powder
    1 small tsp. onion powder
    3 Tbs. ketjap benteng manis (use soy sauce with a bit of brown sugar)
    pepper and salt
    lemon juice
    oil or margarine
    Babi Pangang sauce (recipe follows)

    Cut the pork in thick slices. Mix the ginger, garlic powder, onion powder
    soy sauce and lemon juice. Coat each slice with the mixture. Brown the meat
    in hot oil or margarine and continue frying lightly until it is completely
    cooked. Add water as necessary to prevent cooking dry

    Babi pangang sauce

    ½ cupful stock
    2 Tbs. Sugar
    1 Tbs. Sherry
    1 Tbs. Oil
    2 ¼ oz. tomato paste or puree
    ½ tsp. ve-tsin (MSG - I don't use it)
    1 small onion
    ½ tsp. garlic powder

    Fry the chopped onion and the garlic powder in the oil. Then add a mixture
    of the stock, sugar, sherry, tomato puree and ve-tsin and allow to simmer
    for 5 minutes, stirring well. This sauce adds the finishing touch to babi
    pangang.

    Serve over rice.

    Enjoy!
    Elly

  7. L, not -L

    L, not -L Guest

    "Sheryl Rosen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news

    > Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops,
    > and accompaniments?

    Today, I prepared thick-cut, boneless loin pork chops in a slow cooker, as
    follows:
    - Salt and pepper both sides of pork and set aside for 10 minutes
    - Place pork in slow cooker with enough sparkling white grape juice cocktail
    to come half-way up the pork
    - add bay leaf and about 2 tablespoons of dried, diced onion
    - cook on low 4-6 hours
    - serve with a dollop of Spicey Mango Chutney on top; additional chutney at
    the table for those who like it a lot

    The rest of the meal is "clean out the 'fridge" stuff, including cole slaw
    and the last of the sourdough semolina bread I made yesterday.

    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

  8. > Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops,

    and
    > accompaniments?

    Pork chops have always been for my wife and me the item of meat that
    promises most but normally delivers least. That was until we
    encountered Marcella Hazan. She has a number of cookery books (Italian
    style cooking but not always fully traditional Italian recipes) plus
    compilations. Out of shelves groaning under the weight of cookbooks
    hers are the most covered in grease marks. Certainly now, whenever we
    have pork chops, Marcella features there somewhere. (There's a
    favourite dish involving lots of oil, chopped fennel and fennel seeds
    I'm fondly thinking of as I type this!!!)

    Derek

  9. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "L, not -L"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Sheryl Rosen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news
    >
    > > Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops,
    > > and accompaniments?

    > Today, I prepared thick-cut, boneless loin pork chops in a slow cooker, as
    > follows:

    My dictionary says that "chop" means that it has a bone. But what would
    you call these, then? Boneless pork chop conveys exactly what it is, and
    I know what you mean without you having to write a whole paragraph.

    --
    Dan Abel
    Sonoma State University

  10. Hag & Stenni

    Hag & Stenni Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Please help!
    >I have center cut boneless pork chops in the freezer that I want to make
    >over the weekend. (Yeah, I know, technically chops have a bone, if they are
    >boneless they are steaks, whatever..."pork steaks" just sounds dumb to me).
    >
    >I'm tired of marinating them and grilling them.
    >I'm tired of Shake-n-Bake-ing them.
    >Making them with stuffing doesn't inspire me.
    >I have even done them as I do a loin roast, pan roasted with onions, apples
    >and apple cider. That's getting "old" too.
    >The person I'm having as a dinner guest doesn't care for sauerkraut, so
    >that's out.
    >
    >I know there must be a million and one ways to cook pork chops, but damned
    >if I can think of any other than what I've been doing all along.
    >
    >Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops, and
    >accompaniments?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Sheryl

    Here a several recipes for pork that we really enjoy...Hag k

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Pork salad

    Recipe By :Hag
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Lo Carb Pork

    8 ounces pork loin -- cuttlets, 8 very thin slices

    -vinagret mixture/marinade
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard -- or other brown mustard
    1 large clove garlic -- crushed or minced finely
    1 tablespoon red bell pepper -- minced finely
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    3 tablespoons olive oil -- or more to taste

    2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    3 tablespoons water

    1/2 head lettuce -- small
    or your choice of mixed greens and
    1 small carrot -- shredded
    1/4 head cabbage -- shredded
    3 green onion -- sliced 2" long

    4 ounces cheese -- cubed, I like garlic beemer or
    Asiago
    2 tablespoons hazelnut -- toasted

    salt

    mix marinade/vinegret mixture. marinate pork for 15 mins. heat pan to
    Smokin hot. SHred and mix up the lettuces and vegies for salad. Salt
    lightly and Cook pork to good color and plate. deglaze pan with the
    remaining vinegar and water and add the marinade in...bring to a boil
    and season to taste...toss salad with this dressing and pour over the
    pork cuttlets...Top with cheese cubes and hazelnuts...

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 184 Calories; 15g Fat (71.0%
    calories from fat); 8g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
    18mg Cholesterol; 150mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean
    Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Pan-fried Pork Steak w/ Paprika Gravy

    Recipe By :Jeff Smith

    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Pork

    Pork steaks
    4 3/4 pounds Pork steaks --deboned
    1 1/2 tablespoon Celery seed
    1 cup All-purpose flour
    4 tablespoon Peanut oil or rendered lard
    1 1/2 cups Paprika Gravy
    Salt and pepper --to taste
    Paprika gravey
    1 1/2 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
    1 tablespoon Oil or freshly rendered lard
    1 Garlic clove --chopped
    1 cup Seeded and chopped Anaheim peppers --see
    * Note
    1 cup Onion --chopped
    1/2 cup Tomatoes --red ripe chopped
    1 teaspoon Chicken bouillon
    6 cups Beef stock --fresh or canned
    1 cup Sour cream
    3/4 cup All-purpose flour
    Salt pepper --to taste

    Pork steaks-
    Debone the pork steaks and pound them out to 1/8-inch thickness. Rub
    both sides of the steak with celery seeds. Place the flour in a large
    bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge the pork in the
    seasoned flour and pan-fry in lard or peanut oil over medium heat
    until golden brown on both sides. Serve with Paprika Gravy.

    Gravy-
    Heat a heavy 5-quart stove-top casserole and add the oil (or lard) and
    paprika. Cook over medium heat for a moment, then add the garlic,
    green pepper, onion and tomatoes. Simmer for a few minutes until all
    is tender. Add the chicken base and beef stock along with the salt and
    pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. In a metal bowl mix
    the sour cream and flour together. Mix it well with a wire whip
    because you do not want lumps. Add a cup of the gravy from the pot and
    quickly stir it into the cream mixture, whipping it well. Return to
    the heat and simmer, stirring often, for 15 minutes. Strain the gravy
    and discard the solids or lumps if you have any. This recipe will make
    about 7 cups of gravy.

    Source:
    "The Frugal Gourmet by Jeff Smith"

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 332 Calories; 13g Fat (35.9%
    calories from fat); 8g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
    26mg Cholesterol; 43mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
    Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat.

    NOTES : Begin your Hungarian cooking with this basic gravy. It
    celebrates paprika in a wonderful way. Please do not buy cheap paprika
    in those little jars. It will have no flavor whatsoever. Buy good
    paprika from Szeged, Hungary. This is the region that tamed the red
    pepper to the sweet and lovely thing we know as paprika.

    When I had this dish in Budapest I was surprised at the bright flavor.
    The Hungarians love pork and this treatment is just wonderful. It took
    Craig, my assistant, and me a minute to figure this one out, but we
    finally realized the key was the celery seeds.

    * Note: Green Anaheim peppers are found in most supermarkets. If
    unavailable, you can substitute chopped but NOT SEEDED Cubanelle
    peppers (found in supermarkets or in Caribbean markets). or I used one
    part korean hot green to 3 parts yellow sweet

    I made this Dec 2004, AWSUM! love the celery on the pork and the
    gravey...just dusted the pork with celery seed, used 6 bonless pork
    cuttlets, and only made a third of the gravey rec

    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Baked Garlic Chops

    Recipe By :Ronni Lundy
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : One Dish meal Pork

    2 cloves garlic -- peeled and crushed
    (2 to 3)
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    4 pork chops -- 1 inch thick*
    2 Tbs. olive oil (or as needed)
    2 large white potatoes
    1 large yellow onion
    1/2 c. water or chicken broth

    Early in the day, crush the garlic in a small, sturdy bowl (or pestal
    & mortar). Add the salt & pepper and make a paste. Trim excess fat
    from chops if desired (pork these days is so lean I wouldn't bother
    and in fact I increased the amount of oil in this dish slightly to
    make up for the lack thereof). Rub each chop on both sides with the
    garlic paste. Place the chops in a glass container, cover and
    refrigerate at least 4 hours.

    Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat a dutch oven or metal deep covered
    roasting pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and brown
    the chops on both sides. Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and cut in half
    lengthwise. Peel the onion and slice into 4 thick rounds.

    Remove chops from pan and put the potatoes in, cut side down. When
    they are slightly browned, remove pan from heat and remove potatoes
    from pan. Add water to the pan and scrape the browned drippings from
    the bottom. Put the potatoes back in the pan, this time skin-side
    down. Lay an onion slice on top of each potato and a chop on top of
    each onion. Cover and bake for 1 hour. Serves 4

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1171 Calories; 59g Fat (46.3%
    calories from fat); 99g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber;
    295mg Cholesterol; 1319mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 13
    1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.

    NOTES : Donw home cooking all in one pot

    31 Aug 2004 nice very nice...i quartered vice halving the taters and
    they were mooshie...next time halve....very nice easy one dish
    dinner....
    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Chicken or Pork glazed w/ Orange & Garlic

    Recipe By :Hag
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Pork Poultry

    4 chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C --
    brined and pounded to even thickness (4 breast halves) or boneless
    pork cuttlets
    1 chicken bouillon cube -- crushed
    1 Tbsp cornstarch
    3 Tbsp sugar
    1 Tbsp soy sauce
    2 cloves garlic -- finely threaded
    3 Tbsp white vinegar
    1/4 c water
    1/4 c orange juice

    Combine all ingrediants except the chicken. Mix well and bring to a
    boil on the stove stiring comstantly to thicken, set aside. Grill
    chicken breasts and brush w/ glaze during the last few mins/turns. The
    sauce will burn if you put it on too soon, but you do want it to get
    some heat/carmalization going on.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 338 Calories; 6g Fat (17.3%
    calories from fat); 53g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
    Fiber; 144mg Cholesterol; 569mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7
    1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Frisco Pork (Sweet Soy & Sherry'd pork chops)

    Recipe By :Hag
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Pork

    4 pork sirloin chops
    1 tablespoon oil
    1 clove garlic -- minced or more to taste

    -sauce-
    2 teaspoons oil
    4 tablespoons dry sherry
    4 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    2 tablespoons water

    heat oil in pan and brown pork chops. Remove pork chops, add more oil,
    and sautee garlic for a few seconds, careful not to burn it. combine
    the 2 tsp oil, sherry, soy, brown sugar, and pepper flakes. Place
    chops back in skillet and pour sherry mixture over them. Cover pan
    and simmer for approx 30 min adding a few tbsp water if necesary.
    Remove chops from juice, and stir cornstarch mixed in water into the
    juice and heat stiring to thicken..pour sauce over plated chops, or
    re-add chops to sauce and serve...

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 319 Calories; 20g Fat (61.0%
    calories from fat); 22g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
    72mg Cholesterol; 1090mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean
    Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

    NOTES : This is very good w/ thin spaghetti noodles and a nice green
    salad or cucumber salad. I usualy double the sauce, as we love it...

    Need to try this w/ some orange juice? hmmmm
    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    pork chop sandwich

    Recipe By :Hag
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Pork

    4 boneless pork cuttlets
    2 tablespoons yellow mustard
    1 cup cracker meal
    salt pepper garlic

    pound cuttlets thin between plastic, spread mustard over them...mix
    and season crackermeal...coat the cuttlets well w/ crackermeal and pan
    fry until golden brown and done...serve on doughy white bread

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 463 Calories; 3g Fat (6.4%
    calories from fat); 12g Protein; 95g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber;
    0mg Cholesterol; 408mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
    Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Pork w/ Midori

    Recipe By :Hag
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Pork

    4 Tbsp Roses or Mrs & Mr T's Sour mix
    2 Tbsp Lime
    3 Tbsp Midori or Melon liquore -- (3 to 4)
    1 clove garlic fine minced
    1 green onion fine chopped
    1 tsp soy sauce

    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    salt
    msg
    4 boneless pork cutlets approx 1 lb

    Combine, sour, lime, midori, garlic, onion and soy, set aside. season
    pork chops w/ salt, dust w/ msg, and a very lite dusting of cumin.
    brown in a pan and add the sauce. Simmer covered for approx 20 mins
    flipping occasionaly and checking to make sure there is enough liquid.
    Add a few tbsp water if
    needed...Plate, drizzle w/ sauce and garnish w/ more finely chopped
    green onions or fresh parsley, or perhaps some thin sliced candied
    lime or mellon

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 14 Calories; trace Fat (12.8%
    calories from fat); 1g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
    0mg Cholesterol; 345mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
    Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.

    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    Pull a Loraine Bobit (cut of Waynes Penis) to reply

  11. Kswck

    Kswck Guest

    "Sheryl Rosen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BE318A2C.60B47%[email protected]
    > Please help!
    > I have center cut boneless pork chops in the freezer that I want to make
    > over the weekend. (Yeah, I know, technically chops have a bone, if they
    > are
    > boneless they are steaks, whatever..."pork steaks" just sounds dumb to
    > me).
    >
    > I'm tired of marinating them and grilling them.
    > I'm tired of Shake-n-Bake-ing them.
    > Making them with stuffing doesn't inspire me.
    > I have even done them as I do a loin roast, pan roasted with onions,
    > apples
    > and apple cider. That's getting "old" too.
    > The person I'm having as a dinner guest doesn't care for sauerkraut, so
    > that's out.
    >
    > I know there must be a million and one ways to cook pork chops, but damned
    > if I can think of any other than what I've been doing all along.
    >
    > Any ideas of something different to do with boneless loin pork chops, and
    > accompaniments?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Sheryl

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Pork: Herbed Pork Medallions

    Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

    1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
    2 tblsp butter -- melted
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon EACH: salt, dried tarragon. dried thyme, paprika
    1/8 teaspoon EACH: pepper & cayenne pepper
    1 tblsp honey

    Cut pork into 1/2 inch slices and pound flat. Combine butter and garlic
    powder, brush over pork.

    Combine the rest of the seasonings and sprinkle over pork.

    Place into 2 greased 15" x 10" x 1" baking pans.

    Broil till done. Brush with honey; broil 1 minute more.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  12. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:45:36 GMT, Hahabogus
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > sf <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > What happened to garlic and thyme?

    > They moved to detroit and started a Rock and Roll Band.

    :)
    And their lead singer is Rosemary?

    sf

  13. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:30:13 GMT, "kilikini"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > You can do a pork parmesan stryle. Sounds weird, but it's good; like a
    > cross between veal and chicken! LOL. Bread the pork MEDALLIONS (not
    > steaks!) and fry in a pan. When it's done, place a strip of cheese on each
    > medallion, top with your favorite hot spaghettii sauce, and then sprinkle
    > some parmesan or mozzarella or whatever on top. I've never made this with
    > pork, but I know others have and loved it. Can't be all bad!

    ;)
    Geeze, can you pile on any more calories?

    sf

  14. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    sf <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:45:36 GMT, Hahabogus
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > sf <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > news:[email protected]:
    > >
    > > > What happened to garlic and thyme?

    > > They moved to detroit and started a Rock and Roll Band.

    > :)
    > And their lead singer is Rosemary?
    >

    > sf

    You bought their Album?

    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    Continuing to be Manitoban

  15. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:28:36 GMT, "Dimitri"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Philippine Pork Stir-Fry Adobo-Style
    > Yield: 4 Servings

    <snip>

    > Source: St. Louis County Journal 2/14/96 Posted to National Cooking
    > echo by: Vern Hoffman

    ```````````````````````

    Like American stew, adobo is home cooking and as with most
    home cooking, everything is to taste - so recipe proportions
    are suggestions...

    However, the first thing to learn about adobo is that you
    need to balance the soy & vinegar - literally! Don't use
    anything fancy - cider vinegar is fine. I start with equal
    portions of soy/vinegar and taste it. If it's salty, I add
    more vinegar and if it's vinegary - I add more soy. You
    shouldn't taste one flavor over the other!

    Bay should be kept to one big leaf for 2 or three pounds of
    meat unless you like the taste of medicine. Additionally,
    no real adobo ever has zucchini, mushrooms, and bell pepper
    in it... and "real adobo" does not use green onions, it has
    "real" onions (quartered) in it.

    Here is a more authentic recipe (remember to taste for that
    balance of soy/vinegar). Note: if you decide to use both
    chicken and pork, remember the pork goes in first and is
    cooked longer than chicken:

    Basic Adobo Recipe
    Makes: 6
    approx: 2 hrs

    * 3 pounds whole chicken legs
    * or
    * 3 pounds pork butt
    * 1/2 cup vinegar
    * 1/4 cup soy sauce
    * 3 cloves garlic, crushed
    * 1/4 teaspoon peppercorns, crushed
    * 1 bay leaf, crushed (not into pieces)

    Separate legs from thighs. If using pork, cut it into 1 1/2
    inch pieces. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and
    bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer for 30
    minutes (45 minutes - or until tender for pork). Remove
    cover and simmer 15 more minutes or until liquid evaporates
    to a thick sauce.

    If the chicken and/or pork is not browned enough, you can
    put it on a baking sheet and broil it in the oven until
    lightly browned.

    Makes 6 servings.
    Serve with plain white rice.

    http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/283/Basic_Adobo47428.shtml
    altered "slightly" by me.

    sf

  16. [email protected] (Gal Called J.J.) , if that's their real
    name, wrote:

    >One time on Usenet, [email protected] said:
    >>
    >> That being said, I have an alternative way of preparing them. I brown them
    >> in a skillet, and move them into a baking pan. Deglaze the skillet with a
    >> little water. Mix the water with a can of Campbell's Cream of Onion soup.
    >> Pour the soup over the pork, cover with foil, and bake for about an hour at
    >> 325F.
    >>
    >> The meat will be extremely tender and flavorful, and the soup/drippings
    >> mixture forms a gravy that is great on mashed potatoes.

    >This sounds good and quite easy. I'll bet the "gravy" would be good on
    >egg noodles too. Thanks for sharing, Carol... :)

    You're very welcome. I'm thawing some boneless "chops" as we speak, and I
    have a can of cream of onion soup. Guess what we're having for dinner
    tomorrow night? No, tonight. About 18 hours from now.

    Never try to comprehend the words of an insomniac.

    Carol

  17. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    sf wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:30:13 GMT, "kilikini"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> You can do a pork parmesan stryle. Sounds weird, but it's good;
    >> like a cross between veal and chicken! LOL. Bread the pork
    >> MEDALLIONS (not steaks!) and fry in a pan. When it's done, place a
    >> strip of cheese on each medallion, top with your favorite hot
    >> spaghettii sauce, and then sprinkle some parmesan or mozzarella or
    >> whatever on top. I've never made this with pork, but I know others
    >> have and loved it. Can't be all bad!

    > ;)
    > Geeze, can you pile on any more calories?
    >

    > sf

    Ooooh, but that's what makes it good!

    kili

  18. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > [email protected] (Gal Called J.J.) , if that's their
    > real
    > name, wrote:
    >
    >> One time on Usenet, [email protected] said:
    >>>
    >>> That being said, I have an alternative way of preparing them. I
    >>> brown them in a skillet, and move them into a baking pan. Deglaze
    >>> the skillet with a little water. Mix the water with a can of
    >>> Campbell's Cream of Onion soup. Pour the soup over the pork, cover
    >>> with foil, and bake for about an hour at 325F.
    >>>
    >>> The meat will be extremely tender and flavorful, and the
    >>> soup/drippings mixture forms a gravy that is great on mashed
    >>> potatoes.

    >> This sounds good and quite easy. I'll bet the "gravy" would be good
    >> on
    >> egg noodles too. Thanks for sharing, Carol... :)

    > You're very welcome. I'm thawing some boneless "chops" as we speak,
    > and I have a can of cream of onion soup. Guess what we're having for
    > dinner tomorrow night? No, tonight. About 18 hours from now.
    >
    > Never try to comprehend the words of an insomniac.
    >
    > Carol

    True dat, Carol! :~D

    kili

  19. Phred

    Phred Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:28:36 GMT, "Dimitri"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> Philippine Pork Stir-Fry Adobo-Style
    >> Yield: 4 Servings

    ><snip>
    >> Source: St. Louis County Journal 2/14/96 Posted to National Cooking
    >> echo by: Vern Hoffman
    >>

    >```````````````````````
    >Like American stew, adobo is home cooking and as with most
    >home cooking, everything is to taste - so recipe proportions
    >are suggestions...
    >
    >However, the first thing to learn about adobo is that you
    >need to balance the soy & vinegar - literally! Don't use
    >anything fancy - cider vinegar is fine. I start with equal
    >portions of soy/vinegar and taste it. If it's salty, I add
    >more vinegar and if it's vinegary - I add more soy. You
    >shouldn't taste one flavor over the other!
    >
    >Bay should be kept to one big leaf for 2 or three pounds of
    >meat unless you like the taste of medicine. Additionally,
    >no real adobo ever has zucchini, mushrooms, and bell pepper
    >in it... and "real adobo" does not use green onions, it has
    >"real" onions (quartered) in it.
    >
    >Here is a more authentic recipe (remember to taste for that
    >balance of soy/vinegar). Note: if you decide to use both
    >chicken and pork, remember the pork goes in first and is
    >cooked longer than chicken:
    >
    >Basic Adobo Recipe
    >Makes: 6
    >approx: 2 hrs

    G'day mate,

    Why "2 hrs"? The cooking time given is only ca. 45 minutes total (for
    chook at least) and I find it hard to believe that it takes an hour or
    so to "balance the soy & vinegar". (At a guess, the rest of the
    preparation described shouldn't take even 15 minutes, should it?)

    > * 3 pounds whole chicken legs
    > * or
    > * 3 pounds pork butt
    > * 1/2 cup vinegar
    > * 1/4 cup soy sauce
    > * 3 cloves garlic, crushed
    > * 1/4 teaspoon peppercorns, crushed
    > * 1 bay leaf, crushed (not into pieces)
    >
    >Separate legs from thighs. If using pork, cut it into 1 1/2
    >inch pieces. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and
    >bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer for 30
    >minutes (45 minutes - or until tender for pork). Remove
    >cover and simmer 15 more minutes or until liquid evaporates
    >to a thick sauce.
    >
    >If the chicken and/or pork is not browned enough, you can
    >put it on a baking sheet and broil it in the oven until
    >lightly browned.
    >
    >Makes 6 servings. Serve with plain white rice.
    >
    >http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/283/Basic_Adobo47428.shtml
    >altered "slightly" by me.

    Cheers, Phred.

    --
    [email protected]LID

  20. Denise G.

    Denise G. Guest

    I made a pork roast last night that was very good. I rubbed garlic and
    pepper all over the roast, then made large half way through slices. I
    stuffed each slice with regular bread stuffing that also contained
    shredded carrots, thinly sliced celery, onions, and apples. Then in a
    separate pan I melted some butter with brown sugar and lots of thinly
    sliced onions. Sweat that down for a few minutes and pour it over the
    roast and stuffing before baking. The top gets a little crunchy and the
    brown sugar and onion mixture adds tons of flavor to the pork and
    stuffing.

    Denise in NH