Need R40 stem

Geob

Guest
I have a 2001 R40, but it was a floor model that had been canabalized some. The LBS gave me a stem
that turns out to be inadequate. I put a stem on there much like stock but not close enough. Anybody
know of an aftermarket stem as long as the stock, with a similar clamp? The clamp on mine causes
clearance problems with the chain, hafta keep the chain idler up too high now. GeoB

Yeah, well, I dunno. I am confused. I look at the pics in manuals, and they show a long (long)
aluminum stem. I had one on hand when I bought my bike, and I stuck it in. It made the riding
position much more comfortable. Looks like it came that way, same as the manual pics.

But now I see in Hosteleshoppe, the handlebar/stem set they sell for my bent, which seems to be from
"the boys in Seattle", is the same stem that actually came with my bent.

The Nice Man in Seattle thought the stem I got with my bent sounded like one from a tandem. The
short black one, which is the one at Hostelshoppe. Anyways, I am confused, but that is OK it seems
to be my natural state.

[q1]> Sounds like you're looking for the LWB stem for the rear headset. It's sort of a custom piece with[/q1]
[q1]> that very short riser section. Might have to ask the boys in Seattle. MB[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "GeoB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > I have a 2001 R40, but it was a floor model that had been canabalized some. The LBS gave me a[/q2]
[q2]> > stem that turns out to be inadequate. I put a stem on there much like stock but not close[/q2]
[q2]> > enough. Anybody know of an aftermarket stem as long as the stock, with a similar clamp? The[/q2]
[q2]> > clamp on mine causes clearance problems with the chain, hafta keep the chain idler up too high[/q2]
[q2]> > now. GeoB[/q2]