Need rear shock advice

upgrader

Feb 19, 2007
Hello, I recently bought a used 2000 Rocky Mountain Spice and it appears that there is something wrong with the Fox vanilla R (serial number 500# 1.60) rear shock. I know absolutely nothing about rear shocks and was thinking about just replacing this one as it would likely cost quite a bit to get it repaired. Does anyone have any idea what rear shock i could replace it with? This shock is a coil one but perhaps i could get a Fox Float version if it would work. As for what is wrong with the shock it does work but makes a loud squishing sound when compressed. If someone could recommend a Fox shock that would replace this one I would REALLY appreciate it. The length of the vanilla shock (hole to hole)appears to be 165cm. Thanks.

upgrader said:
Hello, I recently bought a used 2000 Rocky Mountain Spice and it appears that there is something wrong with the Fox vanilla R (serial number 500# 1.60) rear shock. I know absolutely nothing about rear shocks and was thinking about just replacing this one as it would likely cost quite a bit to get it repaired. Does anyone have any idea what rear shock i could replace it with? This shock is a coil one but perhaps i could get a Fox Float version if it would work. As for what is wrong with the shock it does work but makes a loud squishing sound when compressed. If someone could recommend a Fox shock that would replace this one I would REALLY appreciate it. The length of the vanilla shock (hole to hole)appears to be 165cm. Thanks.

Fox vanillas are a decent shock. It also sounds as though it just needs servicing. Whereabouts in the world are you? If you are in the UK search for TFTuned and send it to them.

Thanks for replying. I live in British Columbia, Canada. I wonder if it would be cheaper to get it serviced compared to buying a new Shock? I would hate to send it in and then find out that it will cost me more to repair than buying a new one. Bernard
davebee said:
Fox vanillas are a decent shock. It also sounds as though it just needs servicing. Whereabouts in the world are you? If you are in the UK search for TFTuned and send it to them.