General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Need receipe - rice/cheese/chilies

Started by Cindy · · Last activity · 3 posts · 456 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 June 2004
Last activity
13 June 2004
Original author
Cindy
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
456
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have lost my recipe and I can't remember what was all in
    the dish. It was so good. What I can remember is cooked
    rice, jack cheese, canned chilies, and I think sour cream.
    You bake it in the oven. Does anyone have a recipe close to
    this? Thank you in advance.

  2. I have lost my recipe and I can't remember what was all in
    the dish. It was so good. What I can remember is cooked
    rice, jack cheese, canned chilies, and I think sour cream.
    You bake it in the oven. Does anyone have a recipe close to
    this? Thank you in advance.

    Is this what you are looking for?

    Rice with Jack Cheese and Chilies

    6 cups cooked rice-hot - 2 cups raw rice will equal 6 cups
    cooked 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese - 8 ounces 1 4
    ounce can chopped green chilies Freshly ground pepper to
    taste Salt to taste 1 16 ounce container sour cream 1
    pimento slice cut into strips

    Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a baking dish large enough to
    hold the rice or you can also use a ring mold or bundt pan.
    In a large bowl combine rice, cheese, chilies, salt and
    pepper. Mix well then add the sour cream. Spoon the mixture
    into the prepared baking dish. If using a ring mold pack the
    mixture lightly with the back of a spoon. Bake 30 minutes.
    Garnish with pimento strips.

    If using the ring mold, let the baked rice cool about 5
    minutes, loosen the edges then turn out onto a serving
    platter. Jan

  3. Thank you for taking the time to post the recipe - you got
    it!!!! That is what I was looking.

    "JANIC412" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:20040610205609.16625.00000733@mb-
    m15.aol.com... I have lost my recipe and I can't remember
    what was all in the dish. It was so good. What I can
    remember is cooked rice, jack cheese, canned chilies, and I
    think sour cream. You bake it in the oven. Does anyone have
    a recipe close to this? Thank you in advance.

    Is this what you are looking for?

    Rice with Jack Cheese and Chilies

    6 cups cooked rice-hot - 2 cups raw rice will equal 6 cups
    cooked 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese - 8 ounces 1 4
    ounce can chopped green chilies Freshly ground pepper to
    taste Salt to taste 1 16 ounce container sour cream 1
    pimento slice cut into strips

    Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a baking dish large enough to
    hold the rice or you can also use a ring mold or bundt pan.
    In a large bowl combine rice, cheese, chilies, salt and
    pepper. Mix well then add the sour cream. Spoon the mixture
    into the prepared baking dish. If using a ring mold pack the
    mixture lightly with the back of a spoon. Bake 30 minutes.
    Garnish with pimento strips.

    If using the ring mold, let the baked rice cool about 5
    minutes, loosen the edges then turn out onto a serving
    platter. Jan

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.