Need recipe for large bag of mixed vegetables

Robin

Guest
Pot luck dinner tonight - my contribution is the vegetable side dish. I have a large bag of mixed
vegetables from Costco (yellow squash, carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower). What somewhat simple
but good and interesting dish can I make with this?

--
"Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a desperate battle." Philo of Alexandria. Do not
email if posting a response. TO EMAIL, REPLACE X WITH 4

x-no-archive: yes

>Pot luck dinner tonight - my contribution is the vegetable side dish. I have a large bag of mixed
>vegetables from Costco (yellow squash, carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower). What somewhat
>simple but good and interesting dish can I make with this?

Vegetables like that are always more interesting, IMO, if you add some caramelized sliced shallots
(not green onions). If you can't find shallots, chopped onions might work. Sautee them slowly in
butter. Meanwhile, cook the vegetables, being careful not to overdo, and make sure you drain them
really well. Mix them with the shallots and pour a warmed herb vinaigrette over the whole thing. You
could also add some toasted walnuts or pecans, or water chestnuts, for crunch.

I like vegetables in a vinaigrette sauce for a potluck because they only taste better as they sit
around, and they are fine at room temperature.

Naomi D.

Robin wrote:
> Pot luck dinner tonight - my contribution is the vegetable side dish. I have a large bag of mixed
> vegetables from Costco (yellow squash, carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower). What somewhat
> simple but good and interesting dish can I make with this?

Steam them and drizzle hollandaise on top.

Bake them all into a quiche.

Marinate in olive oil, wine vinegar and Italian herbs.

--Lia

> Pot luck dinner tonight - my contribution is the vegetable side dish. I have a large bag of mixed
> vegetables from Costco (yellow squash, carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower). What somewhat
> simple but good and interesting dish can I make with this?

Here is one that will streach for a crowd, just add the celery and onions:

Curried Vegetables

6 cups of the vegetables you have from the bag (I use fresh cauliflower, carrots and broccoli) 1 cup
sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion

Cook all of the vegetables just a few minutes, keep them crispy, then prepare the sauce.

Sauce 1 can cream of chicken soup (I know)LOL, but this is good.
2/3 cup real mayonnaise
3/2 tsp. salt
4/2-1 tsp. curry powder depending of how much curry you like
5/4 tsp. ground corriander
6/8 tsp. ground ginger
7/2 cup shredded chaddar cheese
8/2 cup bread crumbs 2 TBS. butter, melted

Combine soup and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. Fold in the cooked vegetables
making sure to coat them with the sauce mixture. Spoon into an oven proof casserole dish. Combine
the cheese, bread crumba and butter, sprinkle over the vegetables. Bake uncovered 350º for 30-35
minutes of until heated through. Jan