Need recommedation on Fizik saddle

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Rudy, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Rudy

Rudy New Member

Hi all,
    I have a very old Vetta Trishock saddle that I really like. Unfortunately it's beginning to fall apart and I need a new saddle. They don't make the Vetta Trishock anymore.

I tried the Fizik Arione and although it's nice, it's a bit too firm for me especially from the middle sectin toward the nose. I need something that flexes a bit more from the middle section toward the nose. A little bit softer feel than the Arione.

Can you recommend a model? How about the Plateau? the Dolomiti?
    The other models from Fizik seemed to be firmer? than these two?

it's hard for me to try these out because the LBS don't carry any other models except the aliante or the Arione. The Aliante comes closest to my liking. At $200? I may want to stay away. :D

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags:

2. friedmikey

friedmikey New Member

I found the Arione too stiff for my liking as well. If you are lucky enough to fit an Aliante, it's a tough option to beat at any price. You'd have to kill me to take mine away from me. All things considered, I think it's well worth the price tag. There is also the option of the Aliante Sport (aka, Aliante Gamma), which can be had for $150. It's the same shape, but slightly heavier and loses the carbon fiber shell. I've had and liked both. I was actually quite surprised that the carbon fiber version was in fact slightly more comfortable than the Sport, due to different flex characteristics.

Also, I use a Fizik Gobi on my mountain bike. It's quite good. I'd put an Aliante on, but that cover would get torn up in the first crash.

3. vl1016

vl1016 New Member

Hi, try the Fizik Rondine-it is the same shape as the Arione, but soemwhat shorter, and softer. It's also less expensive.

4. litespeedguy

litespeedguy New Member

I have the Arione and it's great !! took a couple of weeks to get use to a new saddle and it's harder than my old saddle but for me it's actually more comfortable.

Many bike riders know that hard is more comfortable than soft - just the opposite of what you would expect !!!!!!!!

5. DanP

DanP New Member

I have the Airone on my Tri bike and an Aliante on my road bike...

Although I am extremely happy with both, the Aliante is a bit more comfy and seems to have a perfect amount of flex in the middle for my body.

6. Rudy

Rudy New Member

I had a chance to hop on a bike with a Gobi today....and it seems kinda comfy and more affordable than the Aliante...

Frome the mid section of the Gobi ti its nose is stiff. If it was just a bit more flexy there it would be perfect for me.

Arione is just too stiff for my liking.

7. AussieDog

AussieDog New Member

I have an Aliante and it was well worth the $$. I got mine new on Ebay for $150.00

8. anerobic

anerobic New Member

The Aliante comes closest to my liking. At $200? I may want to stay away. :D

Thanks in advance for your help.[/QUOTE]

you can find these on ebay for about $130, especially if you don't mind some weird colors, and metal rails. check the ebay "stores"

i love my aliante. kind of dumb, but the first time i rode it was on a century. no problems though. two of my buddies ride them too. all three of us swear by them

9. Rudy

Rudy New Member

Is there a diffrence in comfort among the Aliante models?

I see a few different version such as the carbon rail, Ti rail and the Sport.
    Fizik website is not very informative and do they make a difference? or is it just hype?

10. friedmikey

friedmikey New Member

I haven't had the carbon rail, but I do own both the titanium rail and the Sport. As I said above, I do notice a difference between the Ti railed Aliante and the Aliante Sport (which also happens to have Ti rails). The Aliante has a little bit more flex compared to the Aliante Sport. I'd imagine that the carbon rails might also add another degree of flex over the titanium.