need recommendation on cooking classes in Los Angeles area

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Hamncheese, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Hamncheese

    Hamncheese Guest

    I'm looking to get someone a series of cooking classes as a gift. This is in the Los Angeles
    (specifically San Fernando Valley) area.

    I'm looking for a course that's just for fun, not for a professional or anything. I'd like it to be
    some kind of series of classes (i.e. more than one). Can anyone recommend a good one?

    Tags:

  2. Anna Maria

    Anna Maria Guest

    HamNCheese wrote:
    > I'm looking to get someone a series of cooking classes as a gift. This is in the Los Angeles
    > (specifically San Fernando Valley) area.
    >
    > I'm looking for a course that's just for fun, not for a professional or anything. I'd like it to
    > be some kind of series of classes (i.e. more than one). Can anyone recommend a good one?

    I think the best is williams-sonoma: they have classes in Sherman Oaks call (818) 906-2787 and now
    also in Calabasas. They have small classes, 10 to 14 people, you sit around the kitchen top very
    close to the action, and they serve you a full meal, not just tastings. I teach cooking classes
    there and we are having great success.

    Ciao,

    Anna Maria

    http://www.annamariavolpi.com/page28.html