Need Recommendations: Good Spinning Songs

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Yourson, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Yourson

    Yourson Guest

    What's you favorite songs to spin to? I have several more
    weeks indoors up here in WI.

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Budman

    Budman Guest

    I'm a child of the 70's. Here's my favorite albums. I used to burn mixes
    of various tracks but it became too much of a pain to do. Usually I throw
    on a CD, strap on my HRM spin for the length of the disc.
    Alan Parsons Project: Instrumental Works
    Jethro Tull: Aqualung
    King Crimson: In the Court of the Crimson King
    Santana: Best of Santana
    Weather Report: Heavy Weather
    Meat Loaf: Bat Out of Hell
    Another thing I recently did was subscribe to MSN Music. They have
    streaming 'mood' stations. I tried the workout station and found it to be
    obnoxious and overbearing. Kind of like going to the local Golds Gym but
    without the gym bunnies to eye up.
    "YourSon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What's you favorite songs to spin to? I have several more
    > weeks indoors
    up

  3. On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:16:02 GMT, "YourSon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What's you favorite songs to spin to? I have several more
    >weeks indoors up here in WI.
    >
    >Thanks

    I usually think of this sort of thing in album terms.

    Arrested Development: "3 Years, 5 Months and 2 Days in the
    Life Of...,"

    Social Distortion: "Social Distortion"

    Talking Heads: "Remain in Light"

    I'd think of more, but weather's warm enough to ride outside
    here in Virginia, yay!

    -Luigi

  4. Talking Heads: "Remain in Light"

    Good, but TH77.

    --

    _______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY
    MIND_______________________ ------------------"Buddy Holly,
    >>[email protected]__________

  5. On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:32:54 -0500, "Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Talking Heads: "Remain in Light"
    >
    >Good, but TH77.

    I'll keep it under advisement.

    The other thing to do is ride to the album of "Stop
    Making Sense."

    but I have to fight the temptation to do the Big Stupid
    Suit dance.

    -Luigi

    "We dress like students, We dress like housewives Or in a
    suit and a tie-- Changed my hairstyle So many times now I
    don't know what I look like"
    - "Life during Wartime"

  6. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]> writes:
    > Talking Heads: "Remain in Light"
    >
    > Good, but TH77.

    'Psycho Killer' would be right up there.

    'No Compassion' might require BioPace, since it's so
    syncopated.

    'Thank You For Sending Me An Angel' (from 'More Songs About
    Buildings & Food') might be good to spin to.

    When ppl ask about what songs they should listen to, maybe
    the timing and phase of the moon has much to do with the
    suggestions given. Right now I'm tempted to suggest a bunch
    of those Telemann concertos with recorders in 'em, and
    Paganini's Caprices. And maybe some Alice Cooper. And the
    2nd movement of Beethoven's 8th symphony.

    I dunno. Maybe when ppl have to ask what to listen to,
    something ain't right. Folks should know what they want from
    the outset.

    I'm gonna listen to the Fred McDowell 'You've Got to Move',
    and then listen to some mellow Al Stewart 'Year of the Cat'
    stuff. And then kick into some Led Zep -- especially the
    heavy 'No Quarter' on The Song Remains the Same. And then
    play my own rendition of Johnny Horton's 'Honky Tonk Man' on
    my home-built hammered dulcimer. And then go to bed. After
    eating a couple of hot dogs. Anyhow, I've gotta pee like a
    plough horse right now, so g'night.

    cheers, Tom