Need recommendations on a new computer

ecandl

Sep 20, 2006
I bought my wife a bike and I plan on giving/dumping my old computer on her. I think it is a Cateye w/ cadence. It works fine but I would like 3-4 items on the display and it only shows 2 items. My wish list is to pay around $30 give or take, 3-4 items per screen,rear wheel speed sensor for kk trainer, and stem mount. I like stem mount for the few tt's and tri's I seem to end up doing each summer. I'm not worried about cadence.

Planet bike 9.0 has 4 items in price range but is bar mount and front wheel mount.

Blackburn Delphi 2.0 is in the price range and has 3 items and is bar mount - possibly rear wheel.

I appreciate your help/ideas.

ecandl said:
... I would like 3-4 items on the display and it only shows 2 items. ...
Most of the Echowell range have 3 items on the screen at the same time
and they are in your price range.

I have an F2 with rear wheel sensor and cadance, my ususal screen is
cadance, speed and average speed, but there are several combinations of
cadance, average cadance, speed, average speed, ride time,
time and distance. Also a big plus - it's water proof :)
I'm not sure of the stem mount option.

regards,
Matt

If you're going to pass on to your wife your Cateye comp and its an Astrale 8(which it reads like) - don't. Or get one for yourself:)

Cadence is very helpful - you'll miss it if its gone. To my mind its more important than many of the other things that another computer will show.
I've sold about 30 Astrale 8s and never had a problem with one
Easy to use
Stem mounting it is possible - carefully cut the handlebar mount belt off and glue the base part on the stem.

BBB:)

Bigbananabike said:
If you're going to pass on to your wife your Cateye comp and its an Astrale 8(which it reads like) - don't. Or get one for yourself:)

Cadence is very helpful - you'll miss it if its gone. To my mind its more important than many of the other things that another computer will show.
I've sold about 30 Astrale 8s and never had a problem with one
Easy to use
Stem mounting it is possible - carefully cut the handlebar mount belt off and glue the base part on the stem.

BBB:)
Are you kidding? What type of glue would hold without making a mess? I have some Gorilla glue and Super glue. What do you do when the computer fails? I really am curious.

G'day

I have been pretty happy with my Sigma BC 1606L. I particular like that I can use a second bike kit and thus use the same computer on two bikes.

I am not sure if this is in your price range but.

Regards
Andrew

A second bike kit can be got for a Cateyes Astrale 8 too:) .

Aushiker said:
G'day

I have been pretty happy with my Sigma BC 1606L. I particular like that I can use a second bike kit and thus use the same computer on two bikes.

I am not sure if this is in your price range but.

Regards
Andrew

I used Araldite which works well & doesn't expand like Gorilla glue. It doesn't look like its been glued on:)
Sorry but I can't load a photo.

Having sold around 30 Astrale 8 I've only had one with a problem - mine. Having used it in all weathers for 14 000kms it packed up. I got a new head unit for it.
See roadbikereview.com

I know some of the other people who have them and they're still using them - 3 & 4 years later.

ecandl said:
Are you kidding? What type of glue would hold without making a mess? I have some Gorilla glue and Super glue. What do you do when the computer fails? I really am curious.