Need replacement for my PX 10 Stronglight crank or chain rings

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Stargazer, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Stargazer

    Stargazer Guest

    Hi All,

    I am going to need to replace my original stronglight model 93 crank set on my 27 yo PX10. After
    about 20,000+ miles, my chain rings have gotten a bit worn out and I don't see these chain rings
    being sold on eBay ? Are there any other chain rings that can be used that are easily available? or
    Can I use a more modern crank set possibly a triple. I have Sugino french threaded cups and a
    Stronglight 120mm spindle. I use either 5 or 6 speed freewheel. I have already re-threaded my
    Stronglight cranks to accept 9/16 pedals.

    If yes, any recommendations for a reasonable and reliable crank, I use this bike for work commuting
    and short rides?

    Thanks for any suggestions.

    Tags:

  2. Quelqu'un inconnu wrote:

    > I am going to need to replace my original stronglight model 93 crank set on my 27 yo PX10. After
    > about 20,000+ miles, my chain rings have gotten a bit worn out and I don't see these chain rings
    > being sold on eBay ? Are there any other chain rings that can be used that are easily available?

    We've got 'em. See: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/chainrings.html

    Sheldon "Plateaux De Grenouille" Brown
    | This message has been sent to you using recycled electrons | exclusively. Please do not discard
    | them after use, | send them along and help conserve these irreplaceable | sub-atomic resources
    | for future generations. |