Need riders and sponsers for MS150

CycoTex

Jan 5, 2005
Howdy,

I am new to this forum and thought I'd drop a line in and say hello. Many of the threads are very helpful and humorous. However, I have not seen any threads about the MS150 bike rides. They have many of them across the USA, all of which are close to 150 miles long. The purpose for all of these rides is to raise money for research for Multiple Sclerosis. Here in Texas we have 3 different MS150 events and I had the oportunity to ride from San Antonio to Corpus Christi, Texas. The event is really awesome! There are break points every 10-12 miles with gallons and gallons of free gatorade and water, boxes full of all types of energy gels, powerbars, cliff bars, fruit, etc. There are SAG vehicles that will pick up stranded riders or will help repair tires, tubes, etc. Medics are at every station and provide free service. They even have massage therapists at the end of the ride.

The event is very well organized. There is a cheap entry fee, somehting like 20-30 bucks. The catch is that you have to raise money for the ride. the San Antonio - CC ride requires 200 dollars to be raised from each rider. Other rieds have different goals.

If there are any Texan readers, there is a MS150 from Houston to Austin coming up this April. They expect 12,000 riders to participate. The fee for sign up is 30 dollars and you have to raise 300. This is a great way to promote local bike shops or any business. Slap your company's logo on a t-shirt and creat a team to ride. 12,000 people will see your company's name that day!!

Now, if there are any Texas Aggies reading, we have a team formed up! We are looking for 200 riders so that we are the largest team! There is a team fee which is around 75$ and we each have to raise 400$. The team fee covers the cost for a team bike jersey, and a BEVO-BBQ dinner as well as equipment transportation. The Ol' Army Cycling team is also interested in gaining more sponsers!

If anyone is interested in the upcoming MS150: http://www.ms150.org/

If anyone is interested in the Aggie cycling team: http://www.olarmycycling.com/index.htm

The great thing about all of this is all the money goes to helping those with a horrible desease. Multiple Sclerosis prevents its victims from having the oportunity to do what we love: cycling! Isn't it our responsibility to not just give back our blessings, but to also ride just as hard for others who do not have the chance?

-Tex

Howdy Tex,

Another Aggie here (class of '99), new to the board myself. I'm going to be riding the MS 150 with a team from my work. You guys definitely need to wear your maroon jerseys into Austin on Sunday. I'm actually trying to scare up an A&M Cycling team jersey myself to show the flag, as it were, into the heart of enemy territory.

Good luck with the team, if I run across you guys out on the road you'll get a big Whoop from me.

Good luck, and Gig'Em

Sign up for the A&M Ol' Army team and ride for both teams. Just wear your maroon gear sunday. I saw a lot of people switch 'uniforms' for the 2nd day when I did the Bike to the Beach. You'd just have to raise a lil more money and its not like it matters what team your name is under or the $$$ donation is under - it all goes to a great cause.

-Tex