Need Rim Help

9

98gtw

Guest
It was an impulse buy, for sure, but I couldn't help myself. Grabbed a
Ritchey Pro Disc hubset from ebay (They're a very attractive red that I
hope will look good with the red frame of my Presto).
Now I need to find rims to match.
I'm looking for 451 diameter 20-inch wheels, 32-hole, to fit 20x1-1/8 to
20x1-3/8 tires.
So far my choices seem to be:

Sun CR18

Alex VP15F Alex DA22 Alex DR13 Alex R390

Can anyone add to the list? Anyone have experience with any of these or others? I've found the CR18
and the R390 available, but none of the rest.

My appreciation to any and all who add their comments.

Looking for answers in all the wrong places.
--
Dave 98GTW [email protected] (remove nospam to reply directly) Presto, Presto II, Screamer

Hi:
you also have:

sun m13 sun m14a velocity aero

Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

98GTW <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> It was an impulse buy, for sure, but I couldn't help myself. Grabbed a Ritchey Pro Disc hubset
> from ebay (They're a very attractive red that I hope will look good with the red frame of my
> Presto). Now I need to find rims to match. I'm looking for 451 diameter 20-inch wheels, 32-hole,
> to fit 20x1-1/8 to 20x1-3/8 tires. So far my choices seem to be:
>
> Sun CR18
>
> Alex VP15F Alex DA22 Alex DR13 Alex R390
>
> Can anyone add to the list? Anyone have experience with any of these or others? I've found the
> CR18 and the R390 available, but none of the rest.
>
> My appreciation to any and all who add their comments.
>
> Looking for answers in all the wrong places.

I'd like to know where you get 32 hole rims in 451 or 406. Seriously. They are inevitably 28, 36 or
48 when I go looking. http://www.danscomp.com/ has a fair selection of 20" rims aimed at the BMX
market.Some are narrow and aero,but none come in the 32 hole configuration. Bikepartsusa.com has Sun
CR-18 in 406(20x1.5)w/32 holes.

-- r

rorschandt <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> 98GTW <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>> It was an impulse buy, for sure, but I couldn't help myself. Grabbed a Ritchey Pro Disc hubset
>> from ebay (They're a very attractive red that I hope will look good with the red frame of my
>> Presto). Now I need to find rims to match. I'm looking for 451 diameter 20-inch wheels, 32-hole,
>> to fit 20x1-1/8 to 20x1-3/8 tires. So far my choices seem to be:
>>
>> Sun CR18
>>
>> Alex VP15F Alex DA22 Alex DR13 Alex R390
>>
>> Can anyone add to the list? Anyone have experience with any of these or others? I've found the
>> CR18 and the R390 available, but none of the rest.
>>
>> My appreciation to any and all who add their comments.
>>
>> Looking for answers in all the wrong places.
>
> I'd like to know where you get 32 hole rims in 451 or 406. Seriously. They are inevitably 28, 36
> or 48 when I go looking. http://www.danscomp.com/ has a fair selection of 20" rims aimed at the
> BMX market.Some are narrow and aero,but none come in the 32 hole configuration. Bikepartsusa.com
> has Sun CR-18 in 406(20x1.5)w/32 holes.
>

> -- r

Alfred E Bike has the Alex http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=RM7530 and the Sun
http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=RM8471

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the Alex's, but want to search a little more
thoroughly first.

--

98GTW <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Alfred E Bike has the Alex http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=RM7530 and the Sun
> http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=RM8471
>
> I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the Alex's, but want to search a little more
> thoroughly first.

Talk to the Bike Friday people (www.greengear.com) - they sold me an Alex 451 32-hole rim a couple
months back. They're probably the best people for 451 rims and tires anywhere.

The Alex is a replacement for a Sun CR-18 that got run over. If you want bombproof, a CR-18 is it.

Jeff