Need Rocket 7 shoe sizing advice

earthman309

Jul 21, 2003
I jumped on the Rocket 7 winter special this Christmas and after two sizing tries still lack comfortable shoes. Very careful measurement with the Rocket 7 size scale put me at ~ size 48.5 on my right foot. As I prefer a bit of room in my shoes and have a history of Morton's neuroma I went with 49's.

Shoes arrived promptly but the right foot big toe was firmly against the end of the shoe and the left shoes custom foot bed had had an arch that felt like I was perched on a narrow tree limb. Brian at Rocket 7 said send them back we will upsize to 49.5s and shave the left arch down a bit.

Back went the shoes and a not so speedy 41 days later they have reappeared. Right big toe still in the end of the shoe and left arch still on a limb.

My question to those who wear Rocket 7s is how much stretch should I expect in the leather of the shoe? I could envision my right big toe being happy if there is a bit stretch. I hate to get the shoes too big but don't want to have spent so much money to end up with another pair of uncomfortable shoes. I could spend literally hundreds less to do that. Its riding season now and I'd love to be cycling in some nice comfy shoes

Thanks for any informed advice.

SciGuy

I have had a set of custom R7's for the past couple of years. I have perceived no stretch....maybe in the rain, but other than that no stretch. I found R7 very responsive at getting the fit right.

Mike

I have a pair of Rocket shoes. My feet measured similar and I was able to use a stock pair of shoes. At first I thought they did not fit properly. The carbon heal cup was irritating my heal. The shoe did not break in - I do not think that carbon fiber modifies over time. Rather my foot and I became adjusted to the feel. It is very comfortable and I have ridden many miles. I am not sure what problems you have with their fitting but you may want to try the shoe with a trainer and not scratch them to check the actual fit with cycling.