Need som help

raul

Oct 17, 2003
Hello
I have been training hard for two years to participate in the differents triathlon during the season of 2004.

When I begun to train I got a GURU BIKE old model. I added a carbon profile X and other stuff in order to improve the performace and mine as well

Now I think is time to take a further step and buy a newone bike so I need recomendations and orientation before making final decision.

I am 6,2 ft tall - 200 pounds - and my budget is around 2000 usd to 2200 usd

Please I would appreciate your advices

Raul

Originally posted by raul
Hello
I have been training hard for two years to participate in the differents triathlon during the season of 2004.

When I begun to train I got a GURU BIKE old model. I added a carbon profile X and other stuff in order to improve the performace and mine as well

Now I think is time to take a further step and buy a newone bike so I need recomendations and orientation before making final decision.

I am 6,2 ft tall - 200 pounds - and my budget is around 2000 usd to 2200 usd

Please I would appreciate your advices

Raul

ok, can i clarify something? it sounds like you've trained, but haven't raced yet?

if this is the case i'd say try a race using your exisitng bike to make sure it's a sport that you want to invest another 2,000 usd into.

unless your bike is in need of serious repairs, i'd say use it, at least for your first race.

Originally posted by drewski
ok, can i clarify something? it sounds like you've trained, but haven't raced yet?

if this is the case i'd say try a race using your exisitng bike to make sure it's a sport that you want to invest another 2,000 usd into.

unless your bike is in need of serious repairs, i'd say use it, at least for your first race.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU for your interest in helping me

I have not had a race so far but I training hard. I have a GURU BIKE 52 frame - I added a Carbon X (handle Bar) -

However If you were me what BIKE do you bike under this BUDGET .

Thank Raul

Originally posted by raul
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU for your interest in helping me

I have not had a race so far but I training hard. I have a GURU BIKE 52 frame - I added a Carbon X (handle Bar) -

However If you were me what BIKE do you bike under this BUDGET .

Thank Raul
A decent starter tri bike, for about 1000 usd, if one feels they must race with a new ride, but are unsure they will continue in tri racing. It is a Tri that easilty converts to a road bike, with a dual rail saddle/seatpost (for a forward tri position or conversly, a rear road position) assembly, easily removeable aero bars, Dura Ace STI component group, and aero rims. It received great reviews and is a good bang for the dollar bike manufactured by KHS. Check out www.KHS.com

Originally posted by pace-line
A decent starter tri bike, for about 1000 usd, if one feels they must race with a new ride, but are unsure they will continue in tri racing. It is a Tri that easilty converts to a road bike, with a dual rail saddle/seatpost (for a forward tri position or conversly, a rear road position) assembly, easily removeable aero bars, Dura Ace STI component group, and aero rims. It received great reviews and is a good bang for the dollar bike manufactured by KHS. Check out www.khsbicycles.com