Need some advice/help with an ebay fraudster in Indiana...

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by jtaylor, Feb 12, 2006.

  1. jtaylor

    jtaylor Guest

    I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).

    I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
    but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
    Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?

    ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
    higher.

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    jtaylor wrote:
    > I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    > hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
    >
    > I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
    > but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
    > Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
    >
    > ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
    > higher.

    How much money? Who is the seller?

  3. jtaylor

    jtaylor Guest

    > jtaylor wrote:
    > > I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    > > hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
    > >
    > > I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most

    helpful,
    > > but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and

    organisation -
    > > Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
    > >
    > > ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there

    is
    > > higher.

    > How much money? Who is the seller?

    $27 US

    snake_river_cycles

  4. Your seller probably committed mail fraud (payment was mailed and paid
    for with a USPS money order). Try talking to your postmaster, they may
    be interested in prosecuting this federal crime.

    On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, jtaylor <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    > hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
    >
    > I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
    > but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
    > Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
    >
    > ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
    > higher.

  5. jtaylor

    jtaylor Guest

    "Ignoramus8228" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Your seller probably committed mail fraud (payment was mailed and paid
    > for with a USPS money order). Try talking to your postmaster, they may
    > be interested in prosecuting this federal crime.

    CDN money order, is US funds.

    I have started the works up here in the Great White North, but would like
    some heat a little more local....

  6. jtaylor

    jtaylor Guest

    "Spehro Pefhany" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, the renowned "jtaylor"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    > >hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
    > >
    > >I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most

    helpful,
    > >but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and

    organisation -
    > >Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
    > >
    > >ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there

    is
    > >higher.

    > This you at the top?

    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=snake_river_cycles&iid=

    Bingo.

    I sent him my address with the payment, and it is available from ebay as
    well.

    I NEVER got any contact from him about receiving payment, shipping, tracking
    number, package return, etcetera.

    He has refused to say what address was on the package he (allegedly) sent,
    or what he will do with the items now.

    Just insults.

    The only reason I got any email from him at all was I complained to ebay.

  7. jtaylor wrote:
    > "Spehro Pefhany" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, the renowned "jtaylor"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    > > >hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
    > > >
    > > >I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most

    > helpful,
    > > >but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and

    > organisation -
    > > >Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
    > > >
    > > >ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there

    > is
    > > >higher.

    > > This you at the top?
    > >

    > http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=snake_river_cycles&iid=
    > >

    > Bingo.
    >
    > I sent him my address with the payment, and it is available from ebay as
    > well.
    >
    > I NEVER got any contact from him about receiving payment, shipping, tracking
    > number, package return, etcetera.
    >
    > He has refused to say what address was on the package he (allegedly) sent,
    > or what he will do with the items now.
    >
    > Just insults.
    >
    > The only reason I got any email from him at all was I complained to ebay.

    I think you are SOL, unfortunately. Why I think paypal is the way to go
    as it gives you some protection. You are not the first nor last person
    to be stiffed on ebay. Read about the person that 'bought' a Rolex and
    got a package of wornout batterys?

  8. On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 06:09:20 -0800, Dave wrote:

    > jtaylor wrote:
    >> I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    >> hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).

    IF it was a money order from the United States Post Office and sent by US
    MAIL: file with your postal inspector.

  9. jtaylor

    jtaylor Guest

    "Johann Backer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 06:09:20 -0800, Dave wrote:
    >
    > > jtaylor wrote:
    > >> I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    > >> hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).

    > IF it was a money order from the United States Post Office and sent by US
    > MAIL: file with your postal inspector.

    CDN MO, Canada Post to Indiana.

  10. try your local police or DA first.

  11. On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, "jtaylor"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    >hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
    >
    >I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
    >but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
    >Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
    >
    >ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
    >higher.

    I haven't had this problem but, being from Indiana, I would suggest
    contacting the Better Business Bureau and/or the "County Prosecutor"
    where he guy lives.
    Randy
    --
    Randy Replogle

  12. On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:51:06 GMT, Randy Replogle
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, "jtaylor"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    >>hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
    >>
    >>I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
    >>but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
    >>Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
    >>
    >>ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
    >>higher.
    >>

    >I haven't had this problem but, being from Indiana, I would suggest
    >contacting the Better Business Bureau and/or the "County Prosecutor"
    >where he guy lives.
    >Randy

    Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
    Did you send your money to the wrong address?
    Randy
    --
    Randy Replogle

  13. Kris Baker

    Kris Baker Guest

    jtaylor wrote:
    > I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    > hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
    >
    > I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most
    > helpful,
    > but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and
    > organisation -
    > Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
    >
    > ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
    > higher.

    You can google the title of the person you need to contact BUT
    you can also file a mail fraud complaint. Especially if you
    purchased a USPS mo.

    Kris

  14. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    "Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:51:06 GMT, Randy Replogle
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, "jtaylor"
    >><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
    >>>hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
    >>>
    >>>I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most
    >>>helpful,
    >>>but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and
    >>>organisation -
    >>>Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
    >>>
    >>>ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there
    >>>is
    >>>higher.
    >>>

    >>I haven't had this problem but, being from Indiana, I would suggest
    >>contacting the Better Business Bureau and/or the "County Prosecutor"
    >>where he guy lives.
    >>Randy

    > Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
    > Did you send your money to the wrong address?
    > Randy
    > --
    > Randy Replogle

    And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

  15. jtaylor

    jtaylor Guest

    "Glenn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]

    > "Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:51:06 GMT, Randy Replogle
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
    > > Did you send your money to the wrong address?

    Um, nope. I assumed ID meant Indiana. Youse guys have too many states.

    I sent the MO to "ID" with the correct zip code, and he cashed it...

    > > Randy
    > > --
    > > Randy Replogle

    > And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

    I emailed him before the auction and he told me yes, he would ship to me
    (for almost double the cost of the shipping in his listing).

    Whenever I wish to bid on an auction like that, I email first and ask. If
    the seller says no, I don't bid. If he says yes, I do. He said yes, I
    bid, won, paid in full, got nothing.

    Yet.

  16. Glenn wrote:
    > "Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:51:06 GMT, Randy Replogle
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >>I haven't had this problem but, being from Indiana, I would suggest
    > >>contacting the Better Business Bureau and/or the "County Prosecutor"
    > >>where he guy lives.
    > >>Randy

    > > Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
    > > Did you send your money to the wrong address?
    > > Randy
    > > --
    > > Randy Replogle

    > And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

    And is it worth going through all this for 12 bucks. I don't think the
    county prosecutor will be jumping through hoops to nail this guy,(It's
    not even an election year). :)

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.

  17. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Glenn wrote:
    >
    >>"Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]

    >>>Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
    >>>Did you send your money to the wrong address?
    >>>Randy
    >>>--
    >>>Randy Replogle

    >>And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

    > And is it worth going through all this for 12 bucks. I don't think the
    > county prosecutor will be jumping through hoops to nail this guy,(It's
    > not even an election year). :)

    If he's doing this to others they will.

    Greg
    --
    "All my time I spent in heaven
    Revelries of dance and wine

  18. G.T. wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > Glenn wrote:
    > >
    > >>"Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>news:[email protected]

    > >>And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

    > > And is it worth going through all this for 12 bucks. I don't think the
    > > county prosecutor will be jumping through hoops to nail this guy,(It's
    > > not even an election year). :)
    > >

    > If he's doing this to others they will.

    His feedback tends to indicate otherwise.

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.

  19. crit pro

    crit pro Guest

    In article <[email protected]!nnrp1.uunet.ca>,
    "jtaylor" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > CDN MO, Canada Post to Indiana.

    thank you for helping fund the war on terror...your donation to the
    cause truely makes you a supporter of G.W. Bush.

  20. Kris Baker

    Kris Baker Guest

    "crit pro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]!nnrp1.uunet.ca>,
    > "jtaylor" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> CDN MO, Canada Post to Indiana.

    > thank you for helping fund the war on terror...your donation to the
    > cause truely makes you a supporter of G.W. Bush.

    As long as you don't hunt quail. Then, it's your face.

    Kris