Need some advice/help with an ebay fraudster in Indiana...

jtaylor

Guest
I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).

I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?

ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
higher.

jtaylor wrote:
> I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
> hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
>
> I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
> but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
> Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
>
> ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
> higher.

How much money? Who is the seller?

> jtaylor wrote:
> > I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
> > hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
> >
> > I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most

helpful,
> > but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and

organisation -
> > Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
> >
> > ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there

is
> > higher.

> How much money? Who is the seller?

$27 US

snake_river_cycles

Your seller probably committed mail fraud (payment was mailed and paid
for with a USPS money order). Try talking to your postmaster, they may
be interested in prosecuting this federal crime.

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, jtaylor <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
> hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
>
> I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
> but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
> Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
>
> ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
> higher.

"Ignoramus8228" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Your seller probably committed mail fraud (payment was mailed and paid
> for with a USPS money order). Try talking to your postmaster, they may
> be interested in prosecuting this federal crime.

CDN money order, is US funds.

I have started the works up here in the Great White North, but would like
some heat a little more local....

"Spehro Pefhany" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, the renowned "jtaylor"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
> >hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
> >
> >I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most

helpful,
> >but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and

organisation -
> >Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
> >
> >ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there

is
> >higher.

> This you at the top?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=snake_river_cycles&iid=

Bingo.

I sent him my address with the payment, and it is available from ebay as
well.

I NEVER got any contact from him about receiving payment, shipping, tracking
number, package return, etcetera.

He has refused to say what address was on the package he (allegedly) sent,
or what he will do with the items now.

Just insults.

The only reason I got any email from him at all was I complained to ebay.

jtaylor wrote:
> "Spehro Pefhany" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, the renowned "jtaylor"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
> > >hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
> > >
> > >I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most

> helpful,
> > >but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and

> organisation -
> > >Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
> > >
> > >ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there

> is
> > >higher.

> > This you at the top?
> >

> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=snake_river_cycles&iid=
> >

> Bingo.
>
> I sent him my address with the payment, and it is available from ebay as
> well.
>
> I NEVER got any contact from him about receiving payment, shipping, tracking
> number, package return, etcetera.
>
> He has refused to say what address was on the package he (allegedly) sent,
> or what he will do with the items now.
>
> Just insults.
>
> The only reason I got any email from him at all was I complained to ebay.

I think you are SOL, unfortunately. Why I think paypal is the way to go
as it gives you some protection. You are not the first nor last person
to be stiffed on ebay. Read about the person that 'bought' a Rolex and
got a package of wornout batterys?

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 06:09:20 -0800, Dave wrote:

> jtaylor wrote:
>> I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
>> hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).

IF it was a money order from the United States Post Office and sent by US
MAIL: file with your postal inspector.

"Johann Backer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 06:09:20 -0800, Dave wrote:
>
> > jtaylor wrote:
> >> I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
> >> hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).

> IF it was a money order from the United States Post Office and sent by US
> MAIL: file with your postal inspector.

CDN MO, Canada Post to Indiana.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
>hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
>
>I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
>but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
>Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
>
>ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
>higher.

I haven't had this problem but, being from Indiana, I would suggest
contacting the Better Business Bureau and/or the "County Prosecutor"
where he guy lives.
Randy
--
Randy Replogle

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:51:06 GMT, Randy Replogle
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, "jtaylor"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
>>hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
>>
>>I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most helpful,
>>but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and organisation -
>>Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
>>
>>ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
>>higher.
>>

>I haven't had this problem but, being from Indiana, I would suggest
>contacting the Better Business Bureau and/or the "County Prosecutor"
>where he guy lives.
>Randy

Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
Did you send your money to the wrong address?
Randy
--
Randy Replogle

jtaylor wrote:
> I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
> hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
>
> I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most
> helpful,
> but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and
> organisation -
> Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
>
> ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there is
> higher.

You can google the title of the person you need to contact BUT
you can also file a mail fraud complaint. Especially if you
purchased a USPS mo.

Kris

"Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:51:06 GMT, Randy Replogle
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:49:30 -0400, "jtaylor"
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm about to put some pressure on the guy who cashed my money order and
>>>hasn't sent to goods (over three months now).
>>>
>>>I'd like to write to whomever in the local police might be the most
>>>helpful,
>>>but I don't live there (obviously) and don't know titles and
>>>organisation -
>>>Inspector? Chief? Sherrif? D.A.?
>>>
>>>ob. r.c.m. content - these were (metal) cycle parts...and the s/n there
>>>is
>>>higher.
>>>

>>I haven't had this problem but, being from Indiana, I would suggest
>>contacting the Better Business Bureau and/or the "County Prosecutor"
>>where he guy lives.
>>Randy

> Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
> Did you send your money to the wrong address?
> Randy
> --
> Randy Replogle

And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

"Glenn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> "Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:51:06 GMT, Randy Replogle
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
> > Did you send your money to the wrong address?

Um, nope. I assumed ID meant Indiana. Youse guys have too many states.

I sent the MO to "ID" with the correct zip code, and he cashed it...

> > Randy
> > --
> > Randy Replogle

> And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

I emailed him before the auction and he told me yes, he would ship to me
(for almost double the cost of the shipping in his listing).

Whenever I wish to bid on an auction like that, I email first and ask. If
the seller says no, I don't bid. If he says yes, I do. He said yes, I
bid, won, paid in full, got nothing.

Yet.

Glenn wrote:
> "Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:51:06 GMT, Randy Replogle
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>I haven't had this problem but, being from Indiana, I would suggest
> >>contacting the Better Business Bureau and/or the "County Prosecutor"
> >>where he guy lives.
> >>Randy

> > Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
> > Did you send your money to the wrong address?
> > Randy
> > --
> > Randy Replogle

> And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

And is it worth going through all this for 12 bucks. I don't think the
county prosecutor will be jumping through hoops to nail this guy,(It's
not even an election year). :)

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

[email protected] wrote:
> Glenn wrote:
>
>>"Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Hey, I checked your link to the feedback page. Your Guy is in Idaho.
>>>Did you send your money to the wrong address?
>>>Randy
>>>--
>>>Randy Replogle

>>And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

> And is it worth going through all this for 12 bucks. I don't think the
> county prosecutor will be jumping through hoops to nail this guy,(It's
> not even an election year). :)

If he's doing this to others they will.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Glenn wrote:
> >
> >>"Randy Replogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:[email protected]...

> >>And did you notice in the big red print that he only ships to the US?

> > And is it worth going through all this for 12 bucks. I don't think the
> > county prosecutor will be jumping through hoops to nail this guy,(It's
> > not even an election year). :)
> >

> If he's doing this to others they will.

His feedback tends to indicate otherwise.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.