Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Need some help from 'bent owners

Started by Kurt · · Last activity · 67 posts · 3,749 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
7 April 2003
Last activity
12 April 2003
Original author
Kurt
Posts
67
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,749
Views / 30 days
37

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 67
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Thanks for the input, keep it coming!

    Over 70 bikes so far. I'd like to get a sample size of about 100 if possible. So far, SWB is in the
    lead, followed closely by LWB, then Trikes, then CLWB. ASS outnumbers USS almost 2 to 1. More
    detailed stats when I finish up.

    Kurt

    "Kurt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    the relative popularity of the different styles of


    'bents.

    Quoted message said:

    If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If


    you

    Quoted message said:

    own several, please include each type. The different types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    grateful.

  2. Geo, Yeah that makes sense, but this is a pretty informal survey, so the data should be ok for that
    purpose. Thanks, Kurt

    "GeoB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I would like to include some statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of
    'bents.

    I am guessing that your samples are screwed.. er.. I mean 'skewed'! I'll bet that the lower-end
    models are less represented in this NG than actually exists in the world. I know, you didn't
    ask! :-)

    I ride a SWB USS un-lowracer.

    GeoB

  3. HPV Speedmachine SWB, ASS

  4. 1 Linear CLWB ASS "Kurt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    the relative popularity of the different styles of


    'bents.

    Quoted message said:

    If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If


    you

    Quoted message said:

    own several, please include each type. The different types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    grateful.

  5. two tadpole trikes both USS, a CLWB BikeE,a SWB USS

    rorschandt

  6. HPVelotechnik Street Machine SWB USS

    "Kurt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    the relative popularity of the different styles of


    'bents.

    Quoted message said:

    If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If


    you

    Quoted message said:

    own several, please include each type. The different types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    grateful.

  7. Lowracer ASS - Optima Baron CLWB ASS - BikeE Want a USS (Longbikes or Vision)

    "Kurt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
    with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
    types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    grateful.

  8. Bjællby Easy. SWB USS.

    Mads

  9. "Kurt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
    with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
    types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    SWB USS Haluzak Horizon Hybrid 409/559 wheels

    Snowman

    Quoted message said:


    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    grateful.

  10. "The Seldin Family" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    1 lwb rans stratus w/flairng Harold Seldin Springfield, Ma april 7th STILL SNOWING 🙁

    "Rob Rudeski" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    1 LWB ASS

    Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

    "Kurt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include


    some

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of


    'bents.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If


    you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    own several, please include each type. The different types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer -
    seat height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be
    very grateful.


    SWB;ASS, RansV-REX, Burley Hepcat

    Tandem, Rans Screamer

  11. one swb was uss for the first 5000 miles. is now ass. Regards Daniel

  12. SWB OSS CLWB OSS

    John Vision VR-30 Vision R40

  13. Kurt, I own a Easy Racers Tour Easy - LWB ASS.

    /Mike

    Kurt said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
    with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
    types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    grateful.

  14. Kurt said:

    ...

    Earth Cycles Dragonflyer [TM]: Tadpole trike, USS Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM]: SWB, lowracer
    (Duh!), OSS RANS Rocket: SWB, OSS RANS "Wavewind": borderline CLWB/LWB, OSS

    Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

  15. SWB (42 inches/1m 66mm) USS Haluzak Hybrid Race

    <Chas> in Silicon Valley CA where Spring has sprung

  16. Kurt said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents .. snip .. Thanks a million, Kurt

    type : SWB, ASS, usage : touring, commuting country : The Netherlands

    If you want to have response of Dutch recumbent riders post in : nl.fiets.ligfiets (dutch version of
    a.r.b.recumbent)

    good luck, leendert

    __________________________________________
    -<\\\ leendert
    |
    | @ _ goes by bent \\\/ \_
    =|=\x/=|=# gaat per ligfiets
    ____(_)___(_)____________________________ flevobike fifty-fifty

  17. Thank you for the tip, if I don't make 100 on this board, I'll give that one a try. Kurt

    "Leendert Prevo" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Kurt said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents
    .. snip ..
    Thanks a million, Kurt

    type : SWB, ASS, usage : touring, commuting country : The Netherlands

    If you want to have response of Dutch recumbent riders post in : nl.fiets.ligfiets (dutch version
    of a.r.b.recumbent)

    good luck, leendert

    __________________________________________
    -<\\\ leendert
    |
    | @ _ goes by bent \\\/ \_
    =|=\x/=|=# gaat per ligfiets
    ____(_)___(_)____________________________ flevobike fifty-fifty

  18. "Kurt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
    with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
    types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    grateful.


    I own a Burley Taiko ASS 61" wheelbase in what Burley calls MWB It converts to ASS 40.5" wheelbase
    to make a SWB I also have a BikeE ASS CLWB

    Good luck, Gene

  19. Barcroft Dakota, SWB, ASS RANS Stratus, LWB, ASS

    "Kurt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
    with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
    types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    grateful.

  20. 1 LWB, ASS 1 LWB, USS

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.