Need some help from 'bent owners

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Kurt, Apr 7, 2003.

  1. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about the
    relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply with what
    kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different types are:

    LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

    Also, please include USS or ASS.

    Thanks a million, Kurt

    P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be
    very grateful.

    Tags:

  2. Bill & Gerri

    Bill & Gerri Guest

    Kurt,

    Good luck with your project. You have picked a good subject.

    I have an Easy Racers Tour Easy Long Wheel Base(LWB)(ASS) and my wife has an Easy Racers EZ-1 Super
    Cruiser that is a Compact Long Wheel Base(CLWB)(ASS).

    You might go to www.bentrider.com and look at the bottom of the page. You will find links to many
    makers. A brief note to each might generate some interesting data. Also check this page out for
    history. http://www.bikefix.co.uk/forbidden.html

    Good Luck!

    BTW, did you know that USA Triathalon prohibits recumbents?

    Bill

    "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    > the relative popularity of the different styles of
    'bents.
    > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
    you
    > own several, please include each type. The different types are:
    >
    > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    > height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
    >
    > Also, please include USS or ASS.
    >
    > Thanks a million, Kurt
    >
    > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    > grateful.

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    in article [email protected], Kurt at [email protected] wrote on 4/7/03 11:33 AM:

    > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    > the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
    > with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different types
    > are: <snip> LWB - wheelbase > 60"

    As a short person- my LWB would be smaller than that.

    > CLWB - wheelbase 50-60"

    As a short person- my CLWB would be smaller than that.

    Jay <-- the inches don't mean everything ;^)

  4. CLWB ASS Tadpole(s) USS
    -----------------
    "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    > the relative popularity of the different styles of
    'bents.
    > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
    you
    > own several, please include each type. The different types are:
    >
    > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    > height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
    >
    > Also, please include USS or ASS.
    >
    > Thanks a million, Kurt
    >
    > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    > grateful.

  5. Jay

    Jay Guest

    > Kurt at [email protected] wrote: I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include
    > some statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be
    > so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each
    > type.<snip>

    Currently:

    One: -LWB - wheelbase > 60" USS-lever style One:
    - SWB - wheelbase < 50" OSS Four:
    - Trike tadpole (3) USS delta (1) OSS

  6. Rob Rudeski

    Rob Rudeski Guest

    1 LWB ASS

    Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

    "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    > the relative popularity of the different styles of
    'bents.
    > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
    you
    > own several, please include each type. The different types are:
    >
    > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    > height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
    >
    > Also, please include USS or ASS.
    >
    > Thanks a million, Kurt
    >
    > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    > grateful.

  7. 2 SWB 1 CLWB Denny

  8. Currently,

    LWB - ASS SWB - ASS Trike - USS

    Stephen Davis Murfreesboro, TN

  9. Nanc

    Nanc Guest

    SWB (USS)

    ~ Nanc 1999 Vision R-44 USS

  10. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    One word... WOW! :)

    Thanks for the input.

    Kurt "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAB72ADB.8B62%[email protected]...
    > > Kurt at [email protected] wrote: I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to
    > > include
    some
    > > statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of
    'bents.
    > > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
    you
    > > own several, please include each type.<snip>
    >
    > Currently:
    >
    > One: -LWB - wheelbase > 60" USS-lever style One:
    > - SWB - wheelbase < 50" OSS Four:
    > - Trike tadpole (3) USS delta (1) OSS

  11. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    It doesn't surprise me.

    Thanks for the link, good site for history!

    Kurt

    "Bill & Gerri" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Kurt,
    >
    > Good luck with your project. You have picked a good subject.
    >
    > I have an Easy Racers Tour Easy Long Wheel Base(LWB)(ASS) and my wife has
    an
    > Easy Racers EZ-1 Super Cruiser that is a Compact Long Wheel
    Base(CLWB)(ASS).

    > You might go to www.bentrider.com and look at the bottom of the page. You will find links to many
    > makers. A brief note to each might generate some interesting data. Also check this page out for
    > history. http://www.bikefix.co.uk/forbidden.html
    >
    > Good Luck!
    >
    > BTW, did you know that USA Triathalon prohibits recumbents?
    >
    > Bill
    >

    > "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include
    some
    > > statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of
    > 'bents.
    > > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
    > you
    > > own several, please include each type. The different types are:
    > >
    > > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    > > height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground
    and
    > > support your bike while still seated?
    > >
    > > Also, please include USS or ASS.
    > >
    > > Thanks a million, Kurt
    > >
    > > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be
    > > very grateful.

    > Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

  12. Harv

    Harv Guest

    1 SWB ASS, 1 fat ass. "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    > the relative popularity of the different styles of
    'bents.
    > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
    you
    > own several, please include each type. The different types are:
    >
    > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    > height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
    >
    > Also, please include USS or ASS.
    >
    > Thanks a million, Kurt
    >
    > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    > grateful.

  13. Philbert

    Philbert Guest

  14. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    Good one, thanks. Kurt

    "harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 1 SWB ASS, 1 fat ass. "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include
    some
    > > statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of
    > 'bents.
    > > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
    > you
    > > own several, please include each type. The different types are:
    > >
    > > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    > > height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground
    and
    > > support your bike while still seated?
    > >
    > > Also, please include USS or ASS.
    > >
    > > Thanks a million, Kurt
    > >
    > > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be
    > > very grateful.

  15. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    > the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
    > with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
    > types are:
    >
    > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60"

    Me: 2 SWB ASS Lightnings 1 LWB ASS Tour Easy Wife: 1 SWB ASS Lightning 1 LWB ASS Tour Easy

    BTW: the configurations don't match the generally accepted criteria for recumbents. A
    "short-wheelbase" bike has the cranks ahead of the front wheel while a "long-wheelbase" bike has the
    cranks behind the front wheel. Of course, I've seen a "short-wheelbase" bike (John Williams'
    X-Cargo) with a 70" wheelbase.

    Jeff

  16. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > I would like to include some statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles
    > of 'bents.

    I am guessing that your samples are screwed.. er.. I mean 'skewed'! I'll bet that the
    lower-end models are less represented in this NG than actually exists in the world. I know,
    you didn't ask! :)

    I ride a SWB USS un-lowracer.

    GeoB

  17. Don

    Don Guest

    Kurt, Do a search. There was a thread a couple of months back that was a body count of riders. I
    think a lot of riders listed their bikes.

    Me: Haluzak Hybrid Race Leprechaun----USS SWB

  18. David

    David Guest

    1 Tour Easy lwb 1 Gold Rush lwb 1 Vision R40 swb All above seat steering

  19. Sadieack

    Sadieack Guest

    "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
    > the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
    > with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
    > types are:
    >
    > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
    > height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
    >
    > Also, please include USS or ASS.
    >
    > Thanks a million, Kurt
    >
    > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
    > grateful.

    My wife and I have 1 CLWB each with above seat steering. Next month I will add 1 SWB with above seat
    steering. Keep us posted as to how your project turns out. Good subject matter by the way.

  20. 1 lwb rans stratus w/flairng Harold Seldin Springfield, Ma april 7th STILL SNOWING :(