Need some help from 'bent owners

Thanks for the input, keep it coming!

Over 70 bikes so far. I'd like to get a sample size of about 100 if possible. So far, SWB is in the
lead, followed closely by LWB, then Trikes, then CLWB. ASS outnumbers USS almost 2 to 1. More
detailed stats when I finish up.

Kurt

"Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of
'bents.
> If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
you
> own several, please include each type. The different types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
> Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.

Geo, Yeah that makes sense, but this is a pretty informal survey, so the data should be ok for that
purpose. Thanks, Kurt

1 Linear CLWB ASS "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of
'bents.
> If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
you
> own several, please include each type. The different types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
> Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.

two tadpole trikes both USS, a CLWB BikeE,a SWB USS

rorschandt

HPVelotechnik Street Machine SWB USS

"Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of
'bents.
> If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
you
> own several, please include each type. The different types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
> Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.

Lowracer ASS - Optima Baron CLWB ASS - BikeE Want a USS (Longbikes or Vision)

"Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
> with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
> types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
> Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.

"Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
> with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
> types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
> Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt

SWB USS Haluzak Horizon Hybrid 409/559 wheels

Snowman

> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.

"The Seldin Family" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> 1 lwb rans stratus w/flairng Harold Seldin Springfield, Ma april 7th STILL SNOWING :(
>
> "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > 1 LWB ASS
> >
> > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2
> >

> > "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include
> some
> > > statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of
> 'bents.
> > > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
> you
> > > own several, please include each type. The different types are:
> > >
> > > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer -
> > > seat height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground
> and
> > > support your bike while still seated?
> > >
> > > Also, please include USS or ASS.
> > >
> > > Thanks a million, Kurt
> > >
> > > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be
> > > very grateful.

SWB;ASS, RansV-REX, Burley Hepcat

Tandem, Rans Screamer

one swb was uss for the first 5000 miles. is now ass. Regards Daniel

Kurt, I own a Easy Racers Tour Easy - LWB ASS.

/Mike

Kurt wrote:
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
> with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
> types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
> Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.

Kurt wrote:

Earth Cycles Dragonflyer [TM]: Tadpole trike, USS Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM]: SWB, lowracer
(Duh!), OSS RANS Rocket: SWB, OSS RANS "Wavewind": borderline CLWB/LWB, OSS

SWB (42 inches/1m 66mm) USS Haluzak Hybrid Race

<Chas> in Silicon Valley CA where Spring has sprung

Kurt wrote:
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents .. snip .. Thanks a million, Kurt

type : SWB, ASS, usage : touring, commuting country : The Netherlands

If you want to have response of Dutch recumbent riders post in : nl.fiets.ligfiets (dutch version of
a.r.b.recumbent)

good luck, leendert

-<\\\ leendert

| @ _ goes by bent \\\/ \_
=|=\x/=|=# gaat per ligfiets
____(_)___(_)____________________________ flevobike fifty-fifty

Thank you for the tip, if I don't make 100 on this board, I'll give that one a try. Kurt

"Leendert Prevo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Kurt wrote:
> > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents
> > .. snip ..
> > Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> type : SWB, ASS, usage : touring, commuting country : The Netherlands
>
> If you want to have response of Dutch recumbent riders post in : nl.fiets.ligfiets (dutch version
> of a.r.b.recumbent)
>
> good luck, leendert

> -<\\\ leendert
> |
> | @ _ goes by bent \\\/ \_
> =|=\x/=|=# gaat per ligfiets
> ____(_)___(_)____________________________ flevobike fifty-fifty

"Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
> with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
> types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
> Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.
I own a Burley Taiko ASS 61" wheelbase in what Burley calls MWB It converts to ASS 40.5" wheelbase
to make a SWB I also have a BikeE ASS CLWB

Good luck, Gene

Barcroft Dakota, SWB, ASS RANS Stratus, LWB, ASS