Need some help from 'bent owners

I have a SWB Trek R200 and a LWB Homebuilt TE Clone

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:33:55 -0400, "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about the
>relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply with
>what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different types are:
>
>LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
>height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
>Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
>Thanks a million, Kurt
>
>P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.

Maxam Reville LWB ASS Vision R30 CLWB ASS Rans Tailwind CLWB ASS Rans Wave CLWB ASS Rans Rocket SWB
ASS Rans V-Rex SWB ASS "harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 1 SWB ASS, 1 fat ass. "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include
some
> > statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of
> 'bents.
> > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
> you
> > own several, please include each type. The different types are:
> >
> > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> > height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground
and
> > support your bike while still seated?
> >
> > Also, please include USS or ASS.
> >
> > Thanks a million, Kurt
> >
> > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be
> > very grateful.

Kurt,

My list includes:

BikeE CT CLWB ASS (This one I sold a year ago)

RANS V-Rex SWB ASS RANS Rocket SWB ASS RANS Tailwind CLWB ASS EZ1 SC Lite CLWB ASS EZ Sport
Limited Edition LWB ASS

One of these days I'll add a recumbent trike.

Thank you everyone for your input, I have concluded my informal survey.

I found the following results.

The 52 respondents to the survey own a total of 113 'bents.

LWB: 24 or 21% CLWB: 22 or 19% SWB: 44 or 40% Trikes: 16 or 14% Tandems: 1 or 1% Lowracers: 6 or 5%

Above Seat Steering favors Under Seat Steering over 3 to 1.

Again, thanks for you rhelp. This is a very firendly and helpful community and I look forward to
joining it in another year or so when I can afford to buy a new bike and retire my wedgie for good.

Kurt

"Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of
'bents.
> If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
you
> own several, please include each type. The different types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
> Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.

could be a regional thing too, in 25 years bent I have seen only 2 SWBs in Toronto