Need some help from 'bent owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kurt

Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about the
relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply with what
kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different types are:

LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?

Also, please include USS or ASS.

Thanks a million, Kurt

P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be
very grateful.

Kurt,

Good luck with your project. You have picked a good subject.

I have an Easy Racers Tour Easy Long Wheel Base(LWB)(ASS) and my wife has an Easy Racers EZ-1 Super
Cruiser that is a Compact Long Wheel Base(CLWB)(ASS).

You might go to www.bentrider.com and look at the bottom of the page. You will find links to many
makers. A brief note to each might generate some interesting data. Also check this page out for
history. http://www.bikefix.co.uk/forbidden.html

Good Luck!

BTW, did you know that USA Triathalon prohibits recumbents?

Bill

"Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of
'bents.
> If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
you
> own several, please include each type. The different types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
> Also, please include USS or ASS.
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.
>
>

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

in article [email protected], Kurt at [email protected] wrote on 4/7/03 11:33 AM:

> Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include some statistics about
> the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
> with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different types
> are: <snip> LWB - wheelbase > 60"

As a short person- my LWB would be smaller than that.

> CLWB - wheelbase 50-60"

As a short person- my CLWB would be smaller than that.

Jay <-- the inches don't mean everything ;^)

CLWB ASS Tadpole(s) USS
-----------------
'bents.
you
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground and support your bike while still seated?
>
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be very
> grateful.

> Kurt at [email protected] wrote: I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include
> some statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be
> so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each
> type.<snip>

Currently:

One: -LWB - wheelbase > 60" USS-lever style One:
- SWB - wheelbase < 50" OSS Four:
- Trike tadpole (3) USS delta (1) OSS

1 LWB ASS

Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

'bents.
you
>
>
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> grateful.

Currently,

LWB - ASS SWB - ASS Trike - USS

Stephen Davis Murfreesboro, TN

One word... WOW! :)

Thanks for the input.

Kurt "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAB72ADB.8B62%[email protected]...
> > Kurt at [email protected] wrote: I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to
> > include
some
> > statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles of
'bents.
> > If you would be so kind as to reply with what kind of 'bent you own. If
you
> > own several, please include each type.<snip>
>
> Currently:
>
> One: -LWB - wheelbase > 60" USS-lever style One:
> - SWB - wheelbase < 50" OSS Four:
> - Trike tadpole (3) USS delta (1) OSS

It doesn't surprise me.

Thanks for the link, good site for history!

Kurt

"Bill & Gerri" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Kurt,
>
> Good luck with your project. You have picked a good subject.
>
> I have an Easy Racers Tour Easy Long Wheel Base(LWB)(ASS) and my wife has
an
> Easy Racers EZ-1 Super Cruiser that is a Compact Long Wheel
Base(CLWB)(ASS).
>
> You might go to www.bentrider.com and look at the bottom of the page. You will find links to many
> makers. A brief note to each might generate some interesting data. Also check this page out for
> history. http://www.bikefix.co.uk/forbidden.html
>
> Good Luck!
>
> BTW, did you know that USA Triathalon prohibits recumbents?
>
> Bill
>
>
>
> "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Hi, I am doing a school project on Recumbents and I would like to include
some
> 'bents.
> you
> > own several, please include each type. The different types are:
> >
> > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
> > height < 12" -or- Can you put your hand on the ground
and
> > support your bike while still seated?
> >
> > Also, please include USS or ASS.
> >
> > Thanks a million, Kurt
> >
> > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be
> > very grateful.
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
> Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

1 SWB ASS, 1 fat ass. "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
'bents.
you
>
>
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> grateful.

Good one, thanks. Kurt

"harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 1 SWB ASS, 1 fat ass. "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
some
> 'bents.
> you
> >
> > LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60" Tandem Trike Lowracer - seat
and
> >
> >
> >
> > P.S. If there are any dealers out there that can help me out with some statistics I would be
> > very grateful.
> >
>

"Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> the relative popularity of the different styles of 'bents. If you would be so kind as to reply
> with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
> types are:
>
> LWB - wheelbase > 60" SWB - wheelbase < 50" CLWB - wheelbase 50-60"

Me: 2 SWB ASS Lightnings 1 LWB ASS Tour Easy Wife: 1 SWB ASS Lightning 1 LWB ASS Tour Easy

BTW: the configurations don't match the generally accepted criteria for recumbents. A
"short-wheelbase" bike has the cranks ahead of the front wheel while a "long-wheelbase" bike has the
cranks behind the front wheel. Of course, I've seen a "short-wheelbase" bike (John Williams'
X-Cargo) with a 70" wheelbase.

Jeff

> I would like to include some statistics about the relative popularity of the different styles
> of 'bents.

I am guessing that your samples are screwed.. er.. I mean 'skewed'! I'll bet that the
lower-end models are less represented in this NG than actually exists in the world. I know,
you didn't ask! :)

I ride a SWB USS un-lowracer.

GeoB

Kurt, Do a search. There was a thread a couple of months back that was a body count of riders. I
think a lot of riders listed their bikes.

Me: Haluzak Hybrid Race Leprechaun----USS SWB

1 Tour Easy lwb 1 Gold Rush lwb 1 Vision R40 swb All above seat steering

"Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> with what kind of 'bent you own. If you own several, please include each type. The different
> types are:
>
>
>
> Thanks a million, Kurt
>
> grateful.

My wife and I have 1 CLWB each with above seat steering. Next month I will add 1 SWB with above seat
steering. Keep us posted as to how your project turns out. Good subject matter by the way.

1 lwb rans stratus w/flairng Harold Seldin Springfield, Ma april 7th STILL SNOWING :(

"Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> 1 LWB ASS
>
> Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2
>
>
> "Kurt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
some
> 'bents.
> you
> >
and
> >
> >
> >
> > very grateful.
> >
>

Status
Not open for further replies.